Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 2: July 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would hardly be professional for him to do so. He's hardly likely to come out and make such a statement unless he has approval from the RF and considering the way the Spanish royal household operates they are unlikely to ever do so.

I agree with what donnaK said further down; Caprile gave the impression that Letizia bought his clothes and she did repeat some of them more than once. If she had stood by Caprile her gala wardrobe would be much better off today, a royal woman needs couture, at least for high profile events, and Caprile was perfect for her, he's Spanish and in comparison to others (eg Valentino) not among to most expensive designers. It was a mistake to go to Varela with his ready-made low budget clothes, barely ok for royal daytime fashion and a desaster for eveningwear.

I agree it is strange. But what is even stranger imo is the way people continue to condemn Letizia for this when it is appears to be omething she has no control over.

I doubt Letizia is the only royal who is being condemned for something she doesn't appear to have control over on this board.

What we know for sure is that it's the Patron's word that counts in Zarzuela, and he seems to be fine with the message that is being sent out by the appearance of the SRF at a gala dinner with Queen Sofia wearing Valentino couture and Princess Letizia wearing an ugly pink Varela combo that looks like a relict straight from the 1980s.

04/02 Dinner on the occasion of 150th Anniversary of "Caixa Sabadell"

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20090204/723318492e8eeg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20090204/7233184935dc3g.jpg

Beautiful "little black dress", a repeat from June 08 (with the infamous pink shoes) Galerías de imágenes and from September 08 (official visit Mexico) http://www.abc.es/multimedia/fotos/21388.asp.

The hair was nicely done at one of the previous occasions, this time it's just plain and unkempt, too bad :nonono:
The shoes are a killer :eek: but at least no black stockings.

For a while now, I mean look at the pic from the dinner in Mexico... also I think she looks tired often, here she defientely looks tired.

The dress is lovely and thumbs up for recycling, but I hope we don't see it in a while :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i really like this black dress on Letizia - shame she didnt wear it with the pink shoes as it adds a bit of colour

I doubt Letizia is the only royal who is being condemned for something she doesn't appear to have control over on this board.
What we know for sure is that it's the Patron's word that counts in Zarzuela, and he seems to be fine with the message that is being sent out by the appearance of the SRF at a gala dinner with Queen Sofia wearing Valentino couture and Princess Letizia wearing an ugly pink Varela combo that looks like a relict straight from the 1980s.

If Letizia had received 900K Euro yearly from the state government like Maxima, people would certainly have reasons to ask where the money went. Since we don't know how the King distributed the money, I don't think Letizia should take the most blame.
Perhaps JC is just extremely generous towards his wife money wise :cool:. In a new book on Queen Ena, it mentioned that Alfonso XIII compensated Ena with many valuable jewels since she loved jewelry. Infantas did very few events compared to Letizia, rarely went to the galas. If their hubbies made as much money as they were rumored to, they certainly could afford buying a few expensive clothes.

She looks nice. Elegantly dressed for the occasion. As for the shoes, I love them. They have just enough lift without looking like Frankenstein shoes. Chic.

I like her dress, the fabric is very beautiful and the design suits her very well. For me, thumbs up!

This black dress is great ! CP Letizia is very elegant.

If Letizia had received 900K Euro yearly from the state government like Maxima, people would certainly have reasons to ask where the money went. Since we don't know how the King distributed the money, I don't think Letizia should take the most blame.

Whatever amout Royals receive they should be clear about the distribution. JC represents the past and once he's gone, Felipe (and other European heirs) will have to allow a lot more transparency regarding this issue. We are talking about taxpayers' money after all.

Perhaps JC is just extremely generous towards his wife money wise :cool:.

Not necessary. Although I don't know what budget is used for Sofia's clothes, I believe she's very wealthy in her own right, at least got a decent dowry from her family when she married JC.

The black dress is beautiful and suits her very well. I also like the purse and the hairdo.
Too bad those shoes.!:nonono:
PIC

I only liked the earrings and the black lace top(and hair and make-up).The shoes looked too old (I remember they were considered fashionable back in 2001-2003 :rolleyes:) and the bag...:nonono:...looks like a little girl's toy to me...
But the most important,in my opinion,is that she looks so sad.Why?Is it because of the anniversary of her sister's death?

I only liked the earrings and the black lace top(and hair and make-up).The shoes looked too old (I remember they were considered fashionable back in 2001-2003 :rolleyes:) and the bag...:nonono:...looks like a little girl's toy to me...
But the most important,in my opinion,is that she looks so sad.Why?Is it because of the anniversary of her sister's death?
Iakynthi, but these photos are little old in my opinion. I don't rememeber on what ocassion they were taken.
Of course she could wore some little necklace or maybe brooch...
Better these shoes than platforms.

Oh,they're old?I thought they had something to do with the state visit of the President of Argentina.Anyway,I can't really choose which pair of shoes is worse,Magnik...ha ha

Sorry i should have said that the black lace jacket and dress was taken from a visit to Hungary in Sept 2004 - it is one of my favouirte looks on Letizia and i love the shoes

I really like the lace ensemble, very femine and yet clean look. Interesting choice of the beaded blue bag though. At least it give the dark outfit a pop of colour. I used to like Letizia with her hair up, but lately the look makes her look matronly....especially compared to photos from the week before with her hair down.
royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Letizia

that's a great collection, thanks!

the first 2 occasions are missing though, the wedding and the first state visit after the wedding (peru)
I completely forgot about the State visit from peru. Thanks for letting me know, DoM. I will alter the collection. :flowers:

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
the gown / combination is a decent outfit for a state dinner. as donnaK said earlier, the dress is repeated, the skirt for the 3rd time and it's subject to discussion whether the top is repeated only for the second time (there are those who believe that the first time is a completely different top, not only an altered neckline):

yesterday:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...MP3rx/340x.jpg
1st outing, february 2006, russian state visit
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5678...CF19420219AD79
2nd outing, november 2007, romanian state visit
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7809...4831B75F48EF45
donnaK
Now I think they are different tops. It's not possible to alter an off-shoulder top to a normal V-neck, the colors look different too. Perhaps she got another top to go with the sash comfortably. I'm glad she didn't have the original top altered since I really like the original one. :).

I have changed my mind too. Not sure about being able to alter the neckline but the colours are definitely not the same. But strange to own two such similar pieces! Maybe the first one caught moths and she needed a replacement. It's a piece that can be worn for the next 40 years, yes, but please give it a break now ;)

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
we are still waiting for the blue prince-charles-gown. with letizia's recycling habits it will pop up sooner or later.
donnaK
The one-shoulder gown probably looks odd with the sash. One-shoulder style is very in right now, hopefully she gets the chance to wear it soon. However I will not place my hope too high since it was from Varela.

Yes I was thinking the same, in addition to that a one-shoulder gown might be seen as "not suitable" as a state gown (the days of low necklines and wonderbra are long gone for Letizia) and apart from state occasions / dinners of honour for foreign dignitaries and the two occasions in January the SRF hardly uses long gowns / attends black tie events. Not more than one or two per year.

I found her stunning, don't know cause of make up or the color o the dress suits her (dark green)

How many times is she going to wear the first 2 outfits(the one with the green skirt and the black/white one)? :rolleyes: God,we should all raise money for the poor SRF...:cool:

Regarding the black lace ensemble from a few threads back--the dress, jacket, etc... themselves are very attractive and I can find no flaw. The earrings are wonderful, fun, and elegant at the same time. However, that handbag is just too bright for the dress. Really, it's too busy with the simple lace of the gown and too bright against the black. Bad bag choice. As for her shoes, well, she wears horrid shoes. I know Felipe is tall--but find a better heel. Of course, Letizia could have bad or weak ankles and needs a chunkier heel. Bad sprains or breaks or fractures can forever alter your shoewear.

As for the gala gowns,I think she looks amazing in pics 7, 9, 12. The gowns are more sleek and she doesn't appear to drown in them. While 1-3 is a lovely gown in its own right, I think it along with 1 (Fuschia ballgown) were heavily influenced by Queen Sofia's style. They just don't suit her as well as the others. 12 (sleek red number) is ravishing and she looks amazing. Number 8, with the red top and the coppery-brown skirt is really beautiful--this is one time where she doesn't look swallowed up by a big skirt. The gown in pictures 4 and 5 (Black and white) does not do her justice; while sleek the cut makes her look stick-figurey. Perhaps with a sleep top like the one in 8 only in black would look better.

Tiara wise, I prefer the floral--but she wears that Prussian with great style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom