Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: May 2004 - July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo Olga, well done!

Thank you for contributing such wonderful videoes of Letizia. The accompanying music adds a new and delightful perspective to the clothes.

:)

Great work Olga! :flowers:
It was interesting see Letizia's gown which were perfect... also on perfect Letizia :)

Thank you so much. But it's really thanks to the job being done in this thread that the videos have been possible, so thank you so much to all the contributors to this thread.

I'm really happy you enjoy them. I found the making of the videos, very enjoying and I hope to be able to make more of them :flowers: :flowers: So thanks a lot, I was a bit nervous about showing you the work :flowers: :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
That dress from September 1st is the best I've ever seen her wear! Its sexy and elegant at the same time. Its fits her body perfectly and the color is beautiful!

old photos 19/05/2006
imagehandlerservletwm4.jpg

source: polfoto

Cissan said:
I didn't like it at all. It looked like a curtain pattern.

And the guests were asked not to wear red. That was not very nice of Letizia.
I couldn't agree more with you, I think this gown was a bad choice, the top seems a curtain and the skirt is like a long apron, at least I like her hairdo.
On the oder hand, if guests were asked not to wear red it's a lack of respect.

Saturn said:

Is it another gossip on the internet ? So far I haven't heard Danish media complaining about Letizia's red skirt, do you ?

Cp letizia might be a bit under weight but she still wears cloths/dresses nicely. I think some of her less formal evening wear is not suuitable for a princess, seem to be abit out of place. On the other hand, her evening/formal dresses are nice. I though what she wore to CP Frederik and CP Mary's wedding, the red dress, was a big dissapointment.

The two dresses that i really liked were: 1. the dress she wore to a friends wedding http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zzw11nd4.jpg (originally posted by Elsa.M) and the 2. http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imagehandlerservlet1is3.jpg (originally posted by Redferns)

Last edited:
dazzling said:
Cp letizia might be a bit under weight but she still wears cloths/dresses nicely. I think some of her less formal evening wear is not suuitable for a princess, seem to be abit out of place. On the other hand, her evening/formal dresses are nice. I though what she wore to CP Frederik and CP Mary's wedding, the red dress, was a big dissapointment.

The two dresses that i really liked were: 1. the dress she wore to a friends wedding http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zzw11nd4.jpg (originally posted by Elsa.M) and the 2. http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imagehandlerservlet1is3.jpg (originally posted by Redferns)

I actually like seeing Letizia in those beautiful little spaghetti strap dresses, something different. I'm sure Felipe doesn't mind seeing her in them:flowers:

Saturn said:
I couldn't agree more with you, I think this gown was a bad choice, the top seems a curtain and the skirt is like a long apron, at least I like her hairdo.

Originally Posted by Cissan
I didn't like it at all. It looked like a curtain pattern.

And the guests were asked not to wear red. That was not very nice of Letizia.

the 'dont wear red' rule isn't more than just an internet lie. i'm 99% sure such protocol rule wasn't issued by the danish house (why would they do so in first place?) and if it did, the spanish royal house has always been extremely careful with protocol. moreover, queen sonja, princess theodora and the wife of henrik's brother, wore red as well. i think it's a 'created' rumour to make one of letizia's most beautiful dresses (and perhaps one of the most stunning ones in the whole wedding) look like it's out of place...

Last edited:
Moon said:
Rania is elegant, this is really true..but her elegance is at the expenses of the people of jordan (jordan is with no good resources, is in unstable region and is poor). So, her elegance does not have a meaning for me at least..It is a selfish elegance that has some ethical implications WHEREAS Letizia, she is dressed within the money allocated to her. She can't go beyond that as Spain is more democratic country than Jordan and her spending is more audited than the one of Rania. the king in jordan has absolute power not like the king in spain..and this has alot of implications in terms of money allocations and how this money is monitered

===> Although Rania is really elegant, I am not impressed by elegance when it is at the expense of others. One can't just enjoy the style and elegance of queens/kings & princesses/princes without the full picture...

Enough of this as this thread is for Letizia....

Not to mention the fact that Rania's elegance has been surgically enhanced.

I, for one, adore Letizia's style. I would wear absolutely every dress and gown she has appeared in (though not so much with the white pantsuits). Her gala wear is impeccable and she conveys both delicacy and grace in it. Also she wears the clothes--they don't wear her.

I think it's just another rumour to critize Letizia too. More people at the wedding wore red. I think everyone is just a little jealous, because she looked absolutely stunning. Personnally I believe all of letizia's dresses to look beautiful. I especially love the one she wore to that friends' wedding last september. SHe looked absolutely radiant :flowers:

princess leonor said:
More people at the wedding wore red. I think everyone is just a little jealous, because she looked absolutely stunning. Personnally I believe all of letizia's dresses to look beautiful.

Dear Princess Leonor, I think it's not necessary to be jealous of Letizia, simply there'll be people who like her outfits and people who don't.
Personally I like most of her outfits and complements, but of course, not all of them, it's just a matter of taste.

Looking at these pictures and how absolutely stunning Letizia is, it makes me think that Princess Diana would have gone loopy over our new lovely princesses and the fact that she would not have been the centre of attention anymore.

dazzling said:
I though what she wore to CP Frederik and CP Mary's wedding, the red dress, was a big dissapointment.

I think she looked absolutely stunning in the red dress at the Danish Wedding with her eye candy Prince.

Picture from Getty:

donnaK said:
Picture from Getty:

Now that is what I call gala wear. I thought gala wear was formal, long evening/ball gowns with serious accessories (jewels, tiaras, parures even) for serious occassions, not just any odd day dress or cocktail dress.:w00t2:

what was so fabulous about that ensemble, (besides that stunner of a dress) was that she had the whole package. It was gorgeous. She had the hair, the shoes, the man (hehehe), the makeup, and the jewellery. (especcially the jewellery. Without it, she would be... well, she would be...well, she would be Princess Laurentien.

I think Letizia dresses very well, and her gala outfits are usually beautiful, but I'm not a fan of the red dress either.

wow, I never thought I'd hear anyone say they didn't like the red dress she wore to the Denmark wedding. I think she looked absolutely stunning. Everything about the way she looked that day seemed pretty amazing to me. I loved it. I wouldn't mind have that dress in my own closed :flowers:

The red dress was an exceptional piece of exit for Caprile so marvellously wore by Letizia.

I regret that since this date she didn't wore the rubie's pieces of jewelles witch are fabulous and I hope for a very soon gala ( for which I have no idea!) Caprile who will make for the Princess a pregnacy's gown, tooken his inspiration once again on this pieces of jewelles who matche so well to he Princess.

I thought CP Letizia's green evening gown, the top part embroidery was stunning, not sure of the bottom part though. I would like to see her in it again but its not one of those dresses that can be recycled more than 3 times

Excuse but I do not understand that rule is not taking red. This dress is one of the best dresses; and although they do not like must accept that princess Letizia was more elegant and the beautiful one of the wedding.:flowers:

I think Letizia is very beautiful, but I wouldn't agree that she was the more elegant and beautiful one at the Danish wedding...

In my opinion she was more beautiful and the elegant one; but that is question of pleasures. Although what it does not seem to me is that they say that the dress was not suitable; because there is no rule that that says.

I don't understand the discussions about Letizia wearing red on the Danish Royal wedding. I never heard that it is not "allowed" to wear red on a wedding! I also don't think that Mary and Fred asked their guests not to wear red since Letizia wasn't the only one who wore red: Queen Sonja of Norway also attended the wedding wearing a red dress.
IMO, Letizia's dress was the perfect choice!I hope she'll recycle it.:flowers:

She is very elegant and she does not need to wear spectacular dresses because Letizia is spectacular and she have a very nice body.

Elsa M. said:
Here's a sum of Letizia's gala dresses:

1. Wedding of Letizia's cousin Abigaíl Rocasolano (Designer: Miguel Palacio);

2. At the prewedding concert in Denmark (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

3. Fred and Mary wedding (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

4. Her own prewedding dinner dress (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

5. Noor and Hamzah wedding (Designer: Felipe Varela);

6. Visiting the Pope (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

7. Dinner offered to the Peruvian President (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

8. Dinner offered by the President of Hungary (Designer: Felipe Varela);

9. Laura and Beltrán Gomez-Acebo wedding (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

10.Dinner offered to the President of Czech Republic (Designer: Felipe Varela);

11. At the Metropolitan Hall of New York, during the trip to USA (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

12. Dinner offered to the Latvian President (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

13. Prince of Asturias Awards (Designer: Felipe Varela);

14. Antonio Asensio Awards (Designer: Felipe Varela);

15. Mónica and Fernando Gomez-Acebo wedding (Designer: Felipe Varela).

Princess Letizia should wear colours with defintion as they give emphasis to her beauty.Light blue has been not very flattering on her. The princess is a vibrant personality and thus the vibrant colours suit her. Red,charteuse and black flatter her best. What a beauty!

the green suit worn to P.hamzah's wedding was a great choice of color, but the jacket looked cheap in a way.the length of the skirt or dress was great. I also liked and think its one of the best worn by letizia is the silver suit in the first picture, very pretty, like the jacket.

dazzling said:
the green suit worn to P.hamzah's wedding was a great choice of color, but the jacket looked cheap in a way.the length of the skirt or dress was great. I also liked and think its one of the best worn by letizia is the silver suit in the first picture, very pretty, like the jacket.
Yes she does look fabulous because of the black accessories though. {emphasis?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom