Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: May 2004 - July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think that the hair and the tiara are a good match. I'm not sure how well the whole outfit goes together to be honest. I dont hate it - but shes done FAR better in the past.

Not a good galalook for Letizia.

I somehow like the colour of the dress (very Máxima-ish ;)). But that's it...
the cut isn't flattering for Letizia at all. Somehow the top and the skirt don't match with each other... the pattern of the top (which I like), doesn't look good in combination with the fabric of the skirt.

Apart from that: The hairdo is a no-go.
I usually like Letizia with curly hair... but this time it didn't look good at all.
It made her look older then she is..
apart from that: IMO Tiaras don't look good at all with open hair.

I agree that her whole outfit and look looks like a "Back to the 70s" recycle.

Love the color and love the top of the dress, the hair I don't mind. But Oh My! that shirt is just awful with the top! They don't do together at all, hopefully the top and skirt aren't attached and she can re-use the top and burn that skirt!

I've noticed that Letizia's gala looks tend to be more 'outfits' than 'gowns', whcih IMO is the common trend among the other Crown princesses. I think that this is especially true of the last couple of years.

Thats is one not nice outfit, illfitting & too old for her, the color also dosnt do her any good.

OMG this dress is the ugliest dress I've ever seen. What t*f* did she think ???
She looks like a servant put coffee on her real dress and then they had to find another one in a minute and took the curtains from the break room of the cloakroom attendant. ARRGH!!!

What I found surprising was the safety pin at the bottom of her sash.

What I found surprising was the safety pin at the bottom of her sash.

Is THAT what that is? Hmm...this dress puzzles me. I can't find anything pretty about it. It makes me sad....

Just a smiley for my thought about the dress : :eek:

I don't care about the dress, but look at Letizia: is she ill or anorexic or what? The girl looks awfull, what happened to that confident businesswoman she once was?
I was just looking at You Tube royal wedding shots and Letizia looked wonderful at Mary's wedding, slim but more than adequately rounded, soft hair and such radiant confidence. By the time of her wedding she was a shadow of her former self, and lately she has looked like a little girl dressing up in her mother's dresses. They all seem to be too big or ill fitting. Where did that stylish,confident woman go? :ohmy:

Don't know what keeps going wrong with Letizia at these high profile events where all eyes are on the SRF. It would be the best opportunity to sparkle and do some advertisement in her own interest but instead Letizia presents herself in ill-fitted and matronly clothes and as a sad looking and overstrained woman, being labelled as "Tristeza Real" in the papers the next day. She looks like paralyzed by the significance of the institution, with tons of weight on her shoulders, especially around the statuesque and perfect Queen Sofia. Sorry but there is nothing regal about Letizia at such events, she has rather ordinarized the monarchy instead of providing the much needed popularity boost. No charisma, no royal appearance. One can only hope that Sofia and JC do a QE II and Duke of Edinburgh, reaching a working methusalem age as I don't see especially Letizia anywhere near prepared for the top job at this stage.

Don't know what keeps going wrong with Letizia at these high profile events where all eyes are on the SRF. It would be the best opportunity to sparkle and do some advertisement in her own interest but instead Letizia presents herself in ill-fitted and matronly clothes and as a sad looking and overstrained woman, being labelled as "Tristeza Real" in the papers the next day. She looks like paralyzed by the significance of the institution, with tons of weight on her shoulders, especially around the statuesque and perfect Queen Sofia. Sorry but there is nothing regal about Letizia at such events, she has rather ordinarized the monarchy instead of providing the much needed popularity boost. No charisma, no royal appearance. One can only hope that Sofia and JC do a QE II and Duke of Edinburgh, reaching a working methusalem age as I don't see especially Letizia anywhere near prepared for the top job at this stage.

Being a princess doesn't mean to be a FASHION ICON or try to be THE ULTIMATE CINDIRELLA, being a princess is being concious about her country, make her duties in the best way and represent what the country needs, this is the XXI century not the MIDDLE AGE, where being Regal AND pretend to be PERFECT WAS THE IMPORTANT, I think princess Letizia DOESN'T care about her cloth because she doesn't want to be reconize as a princess for HER WARDROBE, what happens with other princesses.
Princess Letizia wants to be reconize as a hard working princess, not for look like a Magazine cover.

I really admire her for this, she is sooooo down to earth, her Princess role hasn't made her loose her head.:rolleyes:

What an exaggeration ! Which newspapers ???? :lol: Paloma B's website or a tabloid website, so it must be the Bible :cool:. For God's sake, she was listening to the speech. There were also pictures of other family members looking tense at times, nobody seems to care.
You put too much emphasis on the clothes, it really makes no sense. I bet the press would have more problems of Letizia wearing Valentino couture (as her mother-in-law) than her ordinary Varela clothes.
All the monarchies have been ordinarized conceptually because of royals marrying commoners, I doubt it has much to do with the clothes.

Last edited:
I beginning to believe some of you are in the wrong sub-forum.

For those who are having a serious dementia moment, may I remind you that this is the Royal House of Fashion sub-forum.

In depth analysis of Letizia's status to, for, and within the Spanish royal family and what the press and people think of as well journalist reactions about her should be discussed [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/"]HERE![/URL]​

Thank you:flowers:

She looks great! Love the dress and the shoes are really cute...but just wish they weren't platform OR had such a thick heel...that last picture just looks strange!

she really has some lovely cocktail dresses like this recent blue one, the black one and many others they are soem of the nicest clothes she owns and in the past week or so she has been spot on with her fashions

The blue dress and the black dress are examples of Letizia's best style, simple, flattering, elegant dresses. I have realized, though, that Letizia really looks her best with her hair up. It shows off her long neck and makes her look much more elegant. This new flipped-out style :yuk:

That blue cocktail dress is very pretty indeed and suits her tiny figure. Very stylish. Does anyone understand the dress code? Usually it's a long dress for ladies when the gentlemen wear black tie?

Re dress code, Cristina went in 2007 in a long dress
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
I think Elena went in earlier years in a long dress too but casa real doesn't have any events online before F & L wedding.

Last edited:
The blue dress is very pretty, its a shorter version of Mary's light blue dress worn to Joachim's wedding. The shade of blue "royal blue" is a perfect color for Letizia. The dress moves softly, I also like all the layers. A lovely dress for Letizia

I love that blue dress, it suits her very well. The shot from the backside however is shocking. You can see all her bones. Letizia dear, EAT something!!

I love that blue dress, it suits her very well. The shot from the backside however is shocking. You can see all her bones. Letizia dear, EAT something!!

Darling, those aren't her bones, if you can see better, those are her muscles.

Please, cut off with the weigth issue.:bang:

Letizia looked great last night!
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=81635733&cdi=0
Her dress is really beautiful, nice style and material, great colour and it suits her very well. I also like the jewels. One of her best outfits, IMO.
Fashionable and classy at the same time.
I like her hair too.
I only don't like the shoes, though their silver colour look great with that outfit.
I agree Letizia looks extremely thin from the back
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=81635773&cdi=0
though I have never been interested in this issue. Anyways, I agree she is very skinny, but she looks healthy to me!

Last edited:
I agree with you, giov. Princess Letizia looked absolutely superb. The colour and cut of the dress were a perfect choice.

That blue cocktail dress is very pretty indeed and suits her tiny figure. Very stylish. Does anyone understand the dress code? Usually it's a long dress for ladies when the gentlemen wear black tie?
The correct dress length for the black tie event is the one that sits just on the knee or any length below that. It's white tie that requires only long gowns.
Before it used to be that the ladies with a date for the evening or married women had to wear long gowns, while the ones available shorter ones, showing that they are happy to flirt. Nowadays it's much more relaxed and a dress which is not shorter than knee-length is acceptable option for any young woman regardless of marital status. Since Letizia is young, she is not committing a faux-pas by wearing a short dress.

I loved the dress on her. Bright, bold colours definitely suit her the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom