The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Nobility

[quote=Her_Majesty;873428]Some of Letizia's shoes in 2008
http://i41.tinypic.com/2qnnqc8.jpg

My God! She has the worst shoes collection ever...

Old 01-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I respectfully hope otherwise - why she keeps wearing shoes which look clumsy and weird on her thin legs is beyond me. A waste of good money imho. Someone free this fashion victim

It's weird, because when I read the phrase, "Fashion Victim" my mind was right over other crown princess, whose almost all her shoes collection belongs to a very famous brand................................................................................................... PRADA.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Once upon a time.... So sad that she had to become a 'fashion slave' in order to appear taller. That seems to be the only reason for her to resort to such unflattering shoes. Stand Tall, Letizia, and be proud that your husband is so tall!! Felipe is not slouching so stand straight and upright and LOSE those awful shoes! Your feet are taking away from your beauty and that is just silly!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Nobility

I know it is OT in this thread, but isn't it better to own a few pairs of high-class-Prada-pumps, which one could wear for year, because they not "fashion" but "classic-style"? IMO it is.
Buying loads of ugly platforms in every available color, which are going to look dated in next year is weird.

But it's same with my co-worker and me, she buys only low-budget things, and she really owns loads, but she has always something "new". I own a more expensive wardrobe, but only things I can wear for years, because nothing look dated and mixed with other things it is always a complety different outfit.
I would prefer one PRADA-dress over 10 Varella-dresses.

Edit: To stay on-topic: I think Letizia should hire a stylist, a nice lady with a sense for style, who can show her what's flattering, coming around f. e. once a week to plan the wardrobe for the next engagements
Old 01-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
I know it is OT in this thread, but isn't it better to own a few pairs of high-class-Prada-pumps, which one could wear for year, because they not "fashion" but "classic-style"? IMO it is.
Buying loads of ugly platforms in every available color, which are going to look dated in next year is weird.
I completely agree, nice post jinigirl!
That's, by the way, why the high-fashion labels are so sought-after. Labels like Chanel, Boss, Prada [most of the time] are labels that look chic and classy for a long time.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

A WONDERFUL post, jinigirl, and one that has made the most sense of all!! You Nailed it and good for you. :)
Old 01-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Her platforms are some of the ugliest things I have ever seen - they look like a stripper's shoes.
Do anyone know where they are from? Arn't they YSL's?

But somehow, Letizia's pairs seem a little more cheap-looking, and also the front of the shoe is not quite the same, so I could be very wrong ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
It's weird, because when I read the phrase, "Fashion Victim" my mind was right over other crown princess, whose almost all her shoes collection belongs to a very famous brand................................................................................................... PRADA.
Well you are very entitled to that opinion which apparently is that Princess Mary is a fashion victim. However, that won't change UserDane's opinion about Letizia also being one - so why bother make the comparision if I may ask ?
Old 01-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
Yes, you are fond of using this particular term at leisure in other quarters. But surely, if you can use it yourself, you can stomach others using it as well ? ....or .......?
Old 01-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

i struggle to see how letizia, with her everyday "uniforms" and (even though we don't like her) "uniform" shoes - the platforms, can be a fashion addict. i think she tries her best to look presentable and appropriate but never over the top or too fashion victim, except when the situation truly requires it.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Royal Highness

Carlota, if you read all the previous posts, you will see that the term popped up in a humerous exchange about the ruling shoe fashion - and when not to be a victim of it
Old 01-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Courtier

She should keep on wearing the clothes and shoes she likes!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
She should keep on wearing the clothes and shoes she likes!

Definetly,
Old 01-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Can members please move on from the platform shoe debate? It's becoming very old and tiresome reading the same inane rhetoric over and over and over again.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
Edit: To stay on-topic: I think Letizia should hire a stylist, a nice lady with a sense for style, who can show her what's flattering, coming around f. e. once a week to plan the wardrobe for the next engagements
Because wasting money on a stylist in the middle of a global recession is such a good idea
Old 01-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Because wasting money on a stylist in the middle of a global recession is such a good idea

Yeah, Yeah, I haven't thought in that, You are sooooooooooo right.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Some of Letizia's shoes in 2008
http://i41.tinypic.com/2qnnqc8.jpg

I like #1 and #17 .
I liked pair #1, but that was it. Oh, well. It is a new year. Hopefully we will see some new shoes in a more elegant style.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I won't hold my breath, but I Am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed! She Really is sooo lovely...
Old 01-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

bag by burberry, model "lowry" worn by letizia: costs 1120 pounds

picture of letizia with the bag
from burberry's website
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

It is surprising to see Crown Princess Letizia spending money on such expensive bag.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 01-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It is surprising to see Crown Princess Letizia spending money on such expensive bag. According to some of her ardent followers, she is supposed to be frugal with right priorities.
Of course Letizia has other IMPORTANT priorities than to wear new and expensive suits.The strange thing is that you have not noticed this before.
She spent 1120 in a bag, but she could also large amounts of money on clothes, shoes, jewelry etc and she quite moderate her consumption. I hope this does not bother her ardent opponents.

Tags
crown princess letizia, daytime fashion, letizia daytime fashion