Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 4: August 2008 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the jacket and the dress is elegant but all the same colour makes the whole outfit yes boring!

I think she looked nice! But she can do better!

Ok tell me I am crazy I don't care! I don't like her face after the operation! She lost sth of her charm i think!

I also think she lost her "uniqueness" after the nose op. Now she just another pretty woman. Don't like the grey ensemble on her, way to matronly and boring.

I like the ensemble, it is very elegant although it might look boring in the photographs. here is a close-up from the royals.web-log.nl

http://www.royals.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/12/national_dag.jpg
The outfit certainly does look much different up close. At a distance it did nothing for me but up close had quite nice details. Not her color. I would have liked better in the red that is touched in Felipe's uniform or a blue that would have matched Felipe's sash. That is what a good dresser/advisor does for a couple -- they should be coordinated for photos. A dresser always asks what the husband/date is wearing for the occasion. His clothes are mandiated for the occasion so hers should be made to compliment.

Even Willem-Alexander, definitely not a fashion icon, will on "dressy" occasions, coordinate his ties with Maxima's clothes.

Maybe Letizia wanted to blend into the background against her mother & sisters-in-laws -- of course how could anyone blend away on the arm on Felipe!

Thank you for the picture close up, chuchu!! :flowers:

Letizia look much better close up. Now this outfit has a new meaning to me. Now I like it better. It is very elegang with all the interresting details going on.

thank you chuchu! :)

I think she looked nice! But she can do better!

Ok tell me I am crazy I don't care! I don't like her face after the operation! She lost sth of her charm i think!

Totally agree - she has lost her "character" and uniqueness - her face has a blank look now.

IMO it's not the nose op but whatever came with it. I can't define it but her whole face looks different since then, much more puffy with a strange smile, something changed around her teeth or lips.

http://i34.tinypic.com/6qv32a.jpg

Nobody has a perfect smile all the time. If this can be called a strange smile, I'm sure you can find plenty of strange smiles in just about any woman. The sisters even had stranger smiles here :cool:.
http://foto-cache.abc.es/jpg/3/0/1223876919403.jpg

...this one is a Chanel coat....

No, it was from Adolfo Dominguez. I believe the Vice PM of Spain had a different color version and she is a great fan of Adolfo Dominguez too . The style of the coat looked a lot like MM's Marc Jacobs' coat at Ingrid's baptism.

IMO it's not the nose op but whatever came with it. I can't define it but her whole face looks different since then, much more puffy with a strange smile, something changed around her teeth or lips.

http://i34.tinypic.com/6qv32a.jpg

Agree. Would like to repeat my observation in another thread earlier that some changes of her facial look has taken place before the nose operation. She has looked so different since July, e.g. pictures taken in short black dress in Mallorca. Anyone else noticed? The teeth/lip thing seems to be asymmetric sometimes, the left side of her lips don't always follow when she smiles. If you cover the half of the face and compare the halfs to each other you see. Is that a trauma from the operation or something else, I do not know.

...this one is a Chanel coat....

No, it was from Adolfo Dominguez. I believe the Vice PM of Spain had a different color version and she is a great fan of Adolfo Dominguez too . The style of the coat looked a lot like MM's Marc Jacobs' coat at Ingrid's baptism.

Well whoever designed it, I'm loving it!
When was the picture taken?

She looks much more relaxed around the Queen than when she is with the Infantas.
You are right -- I noticed this once before -- and Felipe does also. I guess it is normal with all families -- to enjoy some in-laws more than others, [and our own personal family too] if we are honest.

Nobody has a perfect smile all the time. If this can be called a strange smile, I'm sure you can find plenty of strange smiles in just about any woman. The sisters even had stranger smiles here :cool:.
http://foto-cache.abc.es/jpg/3/0/1223876919403.jpg

I am not talking about characteristics of how somebody usually smiles - the point is that Letizia's whole face or facial expressions have changed, probably - I agree with emmalisa - even before her nose op. This is what I call "strange" - a visibly altered face or smile caused by whatever treatments in comparison to how she naturally looked or smiled before. It doesn't look like "her" anymore.

What I admire on Letizia his her way to dress a Mango skirt of 39,99€, a Massimo Dutti 55€ blouse and a Chanel or an Adolfo Dominguez suit!!!
That tunic she has wore to the Bruce Springsteen concert I have bougth one in my Mango store and it is just wonderful! I have also bought the one from Massimo Dutti (this Autum collection) it was a 55€ silk blouse, lovely indeed!!!! I think she has tremendous taste on informal clothes maybe that was her style before marrying Prince Filipe!

Another example for a combo that doesn't really work, colour- and fabricwise. The jacket is heavy and doesn't look good with the light skirt and the tones of red seem to be different. The match with silver or grey looks odd - plus the hideous peeptoes that make her legs look like sticks with the heavy platform style.

You're so right about her legs in those shoes. My goodness, a pair of chopsticks has more meat on it!!

I am not talking about characteristics of how somebody usually smiles - the point is that Letizia's whole face or facial expressions have changed, probably - I agree with emmalisa - even before her nose op. This is what I call "strange" - a visibly altered face or smile caused by whatever treatments in comparison to how she naturally looked or smiled before. It doesn't look like "her" anymore.

I doubt anyone couldn't recognize her :cool:. Her skin had improved before the summer, that's the visible change I saw other than her nose. Anyway if you try to anaylize a person in such a detailed way, I'm pretty sure you can see the changes in just about every royal woman once a while, whether it's due to teeth straightening/whitening (only few hadn't done it) or face cleaning or natually growing older.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom