Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: February 2005 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that if Princess Letizia didn't recycle her clothes, plenty people here would criticise her as well... We can't please everyone.
Anyway, she does what is most wise for a person in her position: to use clothes of not so expensive Spanish designers and to recycle them once in a while. ;)

Elsa M. said:
I'm sure that if Princess Letizia didn't recycle her clothes, plenty people here would criticise her as well... We can't please everyone.
Anyway, she does what is most wise for a person in her position: to use clothes of not so expensive Spanish designers and to recycle them once in a while. ;)

The clothes that Letizia takes are not excessively expensive ... not comparing it with the designs of Valentino, Prada or Chanel ... but probably she comes to more acts that other Princesses and her budget for clothes is minor.
Always she still have ZARA's option :p ... I am sure that in a photography ZARA's jacket might pass for one of Chanel...Only that one would cost 60 € to other one 1000:p

lula said:
Always she still have ZARA's option :p ... I am sure that in a photography ZARA's jacket might pass for one of Chanel...Only that one would cost 60 € to other one 1000
I'm sure it would... And it would also be quite appropriate for all those who don't like her using the same coat twice a year: Zara's pieces hardly survive more than a season...:p

Letizia has a very good style, modern, elegant, is very beautiful.

I agree , she pulls off all her outfits with class and elegance.. Her body is amazing as well..

adelaide said:
Have you ever see the skirt ? it seems beautiful also, isn't ?

Yes, the skirt is lovely as well, although I was struck by the coat first!

Same jacket:

February 8th 2006 - receptiom to the Russian president

(from Abaca Press)

February 22nd 2006 - Inauguration of the International Journays of Sustainable Development

(from Face to Face)

Letizia is recycling her clothes in a way that you directly regonice it from earlier.. I also must say that she is not waiting long to recycle it. You can see that in the post before.. her jacket was been used twice in the same month. I don't have anything against recycling clothes, I think this is really normal, because what would you do with sooooo many clothes you have only were onces????? But I like the way Mary or Maxima are recycling their clothes in a total different way.. Letizia should do this more often

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with Letizia wearing the same jacket within a month. Maybe she really likes the jacket. I know when I really like something I tend to wear it more often. Who knows, at any rate I think that she looks great on both occasions.

I like it that Letizia shows that she is the same as other women and isn't wasting vast amounts of money slavishly following the latest Prada/Gucci/whatever offerings.

She always looks stylish without being 'overdone'. There is a difference between being fashionable and stylish and it is nice to see that she has other things to concentrate on and isn't so image obsessed as other royal women that could be mentioned.

lizz70 said:
I like it that Letizia shows that she is the same as other women and isn't wasting vast amounts of money slavishly following the latest Prada/Gucci/whatever offerings.

She always looks stylish without being 'overdone'. There is a difference between being fashionable and stylish and it is nice to see that she has other things to concentrate on and isn't so image obsessed as other royal women that could be mentioned.

:mad: I couldn't agree more, I don't know why people have to compare Princess Letizia with other ones, She is who She is, and doesn't need to put on the latest collection, for being beautiful and catch the attencion, she is the kind of princess that a country really needs, not being interested in clothe, but being concious of what kind of things she has to be in for helping in some way.!

Last edited by a moderator:
catango said:
:mad: I couldn't agree more, I don't know why people have to compare Princess Letizia with other ones, She is who She is, and doesn't need to put on the latest collection, for being beautiful and catch the attencion, she is the kind of princess that a country really needs, not being interested in clothe, but being concious of what kind of things she has to be in for helping in some way.!

i second that!!! Letizia does not need the brand names clothes and bags to make her look fashionable and elegant. She is as attractive as she is now! :D and there is no need to compare Letizia with other princess because she has way too many engagements and activities when compare with other princess! (maybe she does not have much time to shop for clothes like other princess....she's busy with Felipe and now with Leonor~!) clothes is not her #1 priority!

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree! I think it's wonderful that Spain has a very down to earth CP who recycle clothes in such a smart and chic way. It shows that she knows what is priority. She's beautiful inside and out, no matter what she wore - personally i thnk if she were to wear a potato sack, she'd still be as beautiful.

Each princess is unique in their own way and shouldn't be compared too much. Each princess belong to a different royal family with different set of political and environmental culture, and i think CP Letizia understands the delicate thread than binds the spanish royal family and it's people and what is called from her!

The Queen Sophia is recycleing her clothes many often, why the Princess can't do it also ? What is the problem ? It's looks a little beat superficial to consider that the main activity of a Queen/Princess is to be on the top of the fashion and changing all reception long her wardrobe...Strange idea, the outside is not the inside. For me the way choosed by Letizia to have jacket with skirt and pants is very good, like that is not quiet repeting and she is not obliged to have a dress by act that she have a lot by year ( more 200..... No comment.... )

I think the Spanish Royal Family in general are quite into recycling their clothes in general, adelaide.

February 7th, 2006 - visit to the International Construction, Kitchen, and Bath Fair.

(From GettyImages)

March 7th, 2006 – prize-giving ceremony of the Enterprise and Society Foundation Awards

(From Face to Face)

I like her personal style more than her style in officials occasions. It's modern and elegant...

RhapsodyBrat said:
is there any pic that shows the entire dress? i haven't seen one...

I don't think there was any pictures of the entire outfit, but if I remember well, it was said that L wore a top (this top) and black trousers, so no dress in sight this time :) !

asturiana said:
I like her personal style more than her style in officials occasions. It's modern and elegant...

i also like her private style a lot more. however, the fact that she uses the same kind of outfits for her official events is a good sign of a modern, hard-working, disciplined and protocolar princess and reflects letizia's wish to be known because of her work rather than because of being a fashion icon. i think she knows how and when to use her clothes very well: we have seen her looking super elegant and glittering in the events that require so, adopting a more professional and simple attitude for the official day events she normally performs and during her casual and private time it's when we really see letizia's personal style, which i think it's great. in my opinion, it resembles a lot how she dressed before the wedding...

it doesn't look like she was wearing trousers...too bad we can't see more...but thanks very much for posting the link Elsa M.! ;)

carlota said:
i also like her private style a lot more. however, the fact that she uses the same kind of outfits for her official events is a good sign of a modern, hard-working, disciplined and protocolar princess and reflects letizia's wish to be known because of her work rather than because of being a fashion icon. i think she knows how and when to use her clothes very well: we have seen her looking super elegant and glittering in the events that require so, adopting a more professional and simple attitude for the official day events she normally performs and during her casual and private time it's when we really see letizia's personal style, which i think it's great. in my opinion, it resembles a lot how she dressed before the wedding...

I agree on your points Carlota, especially about Letizia wanting to be know more for her work than for being a fashion icon.

I find it interesting that she has such distinctive styles professionally and personally. That when representing Spain she looks one way and when out and about with friends and family she looks another way. To me, that represents true style -- that she has such distinctive looks and can categorize them so without losing the core of who she is as an individual.

I like that she is more daring in her personal style, and I think that if she were so in her professional style, it would be a bit distracting. Think about some of the other princesses for whom we notice first what they are wearing and secondly what they are representing. With Letizia there is never a question of what comes first, which reminds me a lot of how Sofia conducts herself.

By Felipe Varela:
(same coat, last couple also the same dress)

22nd October 2004 –Prince of Asturias Awards Ceremony;
25th November 2004 – Antonio Asensio Journalistic Awards;
6th April 2006 – Dinner offered to Kofi Annan;
20th May 2006 - Laureus Prizes Gala, in Barcelona.

(Photos from FPA, ImagineScandinavia and Terra)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom