Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: February 2005 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ennyllorac said:
Elsa,

These are great pictures! Thanks for the retrospect!
You're welcome! ;)

Thanks

Thanks so much for all the pictures Elsa! It is nic eto look back at some of my favorites and to see some pictures I haven't before.

Sue- said:
Thank you for the pictures Elsa! Nice thread :)

I've found also some pics on my computer but I don't know exact the dates when the pictures were taken. The last one is from a concert :D

I love the red dress and shoes...

Many thanks for the amazing photos - I love Dona Letizia's style, both casual and formal. She is very classy and elegant - almost flowless sense of style.

April 2004 - visit to Pertegaz's factory in Barcelona, to prove her wedding gown.

(May I say that I simply love this one... :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is great!
Thanks Elsa for assigning the pictures I've posted.
I have some more but I don't know the exact date again.
I think the first one is also from a dinner and the second looks like a Christmas shopping.

Sue- said:
I think the first one is also from a dinner and the second looks like a Christmas shopping.
Thanks for posting, Sue!
The second one is indeed from Christmas 2003, when they went for shopping somewhere in Madrid.
The last photo (good one; again I forgot that one too ;)) is from a lunch they had with some of Letizia's friends, in a Madrilian restaurant (not sure about the date either).

Last edited:
April 2004 - visit to Pertegaz's factory, to prove her wedding gown

November 2003 - right after the engagement announcement, when Letizia went to her apartment, to finish her move

December 2003 - during the secret weekend they passed in London

April 2004 - visiting the Almudena Cathedral, where the wedding would take place. This black dress is signed by Adolfo Dominguez:

February 2004 - another visit to Pertegaz's factory, to prove her wedding gown

Attachments

• Fevereiro.JPG
    Fevereiro.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 557
Princess Letizia's designers

I agree with all who love the way she dresses. She always looks lovely (I just finished going out for a quick dinner with my family in jeans and a sweater--wouldn't that be awful to have to get up and go out knowing every time the cameras would catch a glimpse???? I have a lot of respect for ANYONE who does it--and Letizia carries it off well). Diana was known for years for patronizing British designers, which is one of the reasons we all know Belville Sassoon, Catherine Walker, the Emmanuels, etc). Does Letizia do the same and who are regarded as the pre-eminent fashion designers in Spain with regard to dresses, shoes, bags, etc.? I'm very curious as I would love to know more about them. Thank you!:)

I maybe wrong and this is strange but seeing new styles I relaized Letizia's styles(or spanish designes)have somehow influenced designers like valentino,what do you think about this?

Last edited:
look alike skirts

Attachments

• 51797415.jpg
    51797415.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 535
  • 00Valentino180f.jpg
    00Valentino180f.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 623
maryshawn said:
Does Letizia do the same and who are regarded as the pre-eminent fashion designers in Spain with regard to dresses, shoes, bags, etc.? I'm very curious as I would love to know more about them. Thank you!:)
Hi, Maryshawn!
Here is a couple of articles about Letizia's style and favourite designers. They're not recent, but even though it might be interesting to take a look at:

http://mujer.terra.es/muj/articulo/html/mu27016.htm
She prefers the Spanish designers, such as Adolfo Dominguez, Purificación García, Ángel Shlesser, Miguel Palacio or Antonio Pernas, for her official dutties.

http://mujer.terra.es/muj/articulo/html/mu28758.htm
As far as stlylists and labels are concerned, the article says her favorite one for suits is Felipe Varela (who learned the secrets of his cut with some remarkable stylists like Tierry Mügler). It says that her secret consists in fitting the jackets with some techniques of High Couture and cutting skirts by the right measure... ending up with a certain touch of modernity.
Another detail that is possible to stand out from Letizia's style is the peculiar way she always matches shoes and purses; perhaps a somewhat too classic choice but always safe.
About the gala dresses, the article says that her favourite ones are Lorenzo Caprile's.
In the chapter of her favourite labels, it says that the Princess of Asturias prefers the Spanish ones, although she also has a black satin skirt with gauze steering wheels of Yves Saint Laurent's summer collection, as well as a pair of purses.
It says that Letizia is a fan of Adolfo Domínguez' top-coats, one of the Spanish marks with more international projection and that she knows pretty well from her anchorwoman days.
About the shoes and purses, it says Letizia prefers Pura Lopez, Pepe Rico, Paco Gil, Sara Navarro and many other great names of the alicantin shoemaker industry. She prefers those shoes of hall cut , and if the occasion requires it, they'll be covered with the same fabric of the dress. She also likes the shoes of Loewe, Lambertson Truex, Jimmy Choo and Sergio Rossi (one of Sarah Jessica Parker's favourites).
Finnaly, it talks about sunglasses and how she loves the Gucci ones. :cool: It also says that this summer she had not doubts in wearing a three seasons past glasses, something special and symptomatic of her personal taste and style, especially if we consider that she could take the last model of the market... if she wanted so.

Another article, from Vanidades:
http://www.esmas.com/vanidades/modaarticulos/421382.html
Becoming a Princess changed everything
Before marrying, Letizia prefered the Armani suits. Now she only dresses Spanish designers. When marrying, Letizia said goodbye to the Jimmy Choos, and her Manolo Blahniks. Now, she combines shoes and purses, sometimes even of the same color and the same fabric of her outfits, a habit that she's imposing by herself, although it's somehow old-fashion! Before, she loved the purses of Yves Saint Laurent, now Letizia uses Spanish designers like Lorenzo Caprile and Felipe Varela. For each dress, she takes combined shoes and purse! Is she trying to promote the Spanish accessories? Today's princesses want to look less princesses, than chic and professional women. Letizia has done the opposite journey!

12th February 2005 - at the ski station of Candanchú

30th January 2004 (in Covadonga), by Míriam Ocariz:

Attachments

• f8.JPG
    f8.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 717
5th March 2004 (at the sanctuary of Jesús de Medinaceli), by Adolfo Dominguez:

Attachments

• m6.JPG
    m6.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 425