The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Why can't Mary just be herself ?
I'm sure Mary is very much herself

From what I've seen, it's those who attempt to convey an image of her (in a less then respective manner), that makes those prone to gullibility start questioning the character (or conviction) of this lady.

I don't believe Fandesacs 2003 or RubyPrincess168 literally meant that Mary is like Grace Kelly. Rather, there are attributes of her persona which, in some way, reminds them of the late Princess Consort.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
I don't believe Fandesacs 2003 or RubyPrincess168 literally meant that Mary is like Grace Kelly. Rather, there are attributes of her persona which, in some way, reminds them of the late Princess Consort.
Then what does 'Mary is the Brunette Grace Kelly minus the movie star career.' really mean ????

Old 03-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
Then what does 'Mary is the Brunette Grace Kelly minus the movie star career.' really mean ????
Um, exactly what I said You'e reading too much into the statement I think.

Obviously Mary wouldn't have been called a blonde version of Grace Kelly now would she.lol. And as for the movie career..well, that pretty much explains itself so I'm not quite sure what part of my post you did not fathom.

Again, I'm sure they refer to characteristics of the Crown Princess, not literally meaning she is another Grace Kelly as such.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:07 AM
Royal Highness

CEASE FIRE!

What I meant when I said 'Crown Princess Mary is the Brunette Grace Kelly minus the movie career' was that she has a similar beautiful and glamourous aura about her that Grace Kelly had, not that they were similar physically.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Which is exactly what I thought you meant, RubyPrincess168
Old 03-10-2007, 03:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I'm glad to see that someone had the common sense to call a cease fire before this thread totally crashed and burned. I hope this discussion will continue in a more pleasant and less confrontational way than it's been going until the last couple of posts, or the forum moderators will be closing this thread.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator
Old 03-10-2007, 05:20 AM
Courtier

I have now cleaned up several posts which went way off-topic in personally criticising other members.

This thread is about Crown Princess Mary's transformation. Comparing her to others is fine as long as people are not negative--in the comparison, regarding CP Mary and especially to each other.

If you can't play nice, we will close this thread. Reminders of what is and isn't allowed can be found by following the links in my signature line immediately below my name.

Suonymona, Royal House of Fashion Moderator
Old 03-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What i was saying comparing Mary to Grace Kelly, is that Grace Kelly, as Mary, was not raised like a Princess, but she become an excellent inforgettable Princess.
Sometimes, some one could come from a middle class, without an adequat education for "this task", but can bear enough finesse, class and intelligence to excel in this task.
On the other hand, you have born princesses, who behavior in a low manner.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
As for what others may think, I was always encouraged to make up my own mind (meaning, without external influence), but that's me.
Ignoring the viewpoints of people who have met Mary (or anybody else for that matter) because they don't fit pre-conceived notions is silly and petty, imo of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Royale
I don't recall syaing that Mary hasn't undergone certain treatments (skin care etc), though I certainly stop short of making comparisons to 'nip tuck queen', Joan Rivers.lol. An eccentric take by every stretch of the imagination.

Absolutely, one needs only to look at pictures of Mary to see that her physical structuring has not been altered and as for seeing what I want? No, I don't allow myself to be blinded by wishfull thinking. If I thought Mary had undergone invasive surgery to alter her appearance I would be the first to make mention of it. Without doubt!

Absolutely. But again, I don't really recall you stating to any great extent, what it is you think Mary has had done (If you have, my apologies). It seems you often like to generalise in your viewpoint, remaining somewhat at a distance to your proposed observation.
Before:
59.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I really don't see how anybody can keep a straight face and say she hasn't had a great deal of work done!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's hard to say that this photo is from CP Mary!!!!!Her face is really diferent
Old 03-26-2007, 07:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
It's hard to say that this photo is from CP Mary!!!!!Her face is really diferent
It is her photo from the Starmakers website that the DRF requested to be removed, I believe. Hence there should be acknowledgement that there has been huge transformation, unlike any other royal that I am aware of.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana
It is her photo from the Starmakers website that the DRF requested to be removed, I believe. Hence there should be acknowledgement that there has been huge transformation, unlike any other royal that I am aware of.
So you haven't seen what e.g. queen Rania's nose job did to her appearance I take it?

Yes Mary does look different on this pic than the ones we have usually seen.

Then again - I have had pictures taken of me 15, 10, 5 years ago that does not really look like me - what I usually look like. Isn't it fairly common that pictures are taken which does not really look like the person that is photographed?

I don't see the 'huge transformation' I must admit.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Her face is much chubbier - but apart from that I don't see that much of a difference.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Courtier

I do not see a huge transformation in the before and after photographs but I must say Crown Princess Mary has blossomed from a pretty woman into an exceptionally stylish, high polished beautiful woman.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Ignoring the viewpoints of people who have met Mary (or anybody else for that matter) because they don't fit pre-conceived notions is silly and petty, imo of course.

Before:
59.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I really don't see how anybody can keep a straight face and say she hasn't had a great deal of work done!
It is obvious that she lost a lot of weight, and sha may had herv noose slightly done, but where is the crime. Millions of women, even from low social and economical levels modify their noses, or fight against some kilos, if this make them feel better, why shouldn't do it? And why Mary is not allowed to do the same?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Courtier

I don't see to why Crown Princess Mary shouldn't be allowed to do the same. I think people dislike it when someone from royalty does it, why I don't know as if they're under some kind of moral obligation. Say like if a member of a royal family has a child out of wedlock then there is uproar, double standards one could say.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana
It is her photo from the Starmakers website that the DRF requested to be removed, I believe.
From where did the DRF request this photo to be removed? From this (royalforums.com) website? I had not heard of this request before.

Please, more information!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
My initial comment stands!

Quote:

I have no problem doing it. The womans lost around 10 - 14 kilos and has clearly had skin care treatments done. Whatever your looking for I think you may be on that quest for some time!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
. Whatever your looking for I think you may be on that quest or some time!
I was just thinking the same thing! lol

Little_star, Besides, how long ago was that picture taken, i mean, its probably 6 or 7 years old. Go see a picture of yourself that was taken 6 or 7 years ago and see if you look the same now, i can bet you look different.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
I was just thinking the same thing! lol

Little_star, Besides, how long ago was that picture taken, i mean, its probably 6 or 7 years old. Go see a picture of yourself that was taken 6 or 7 years ago and see if you look the same now, i can bet you look different.

CORRECT!

And where did Mary declare that she had no work done?
I do not imagine a CP making such kind of declarations, she would receive much critics to discuss so "light" subjects

Tags
crown princess mary