CP Mary's Transformation from the "Girl Next Door": October 2006 - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for what others may think, I was always encouraged to make up my own mind (meaning, without external influence), but that's me.

That's your opinion, imo one only needs to look at her old photos to see the change.

However it's most likely to be a case of seeing what you want, from both viewpoints.
I don't recall syaing that Mary hasn't undergone certain treatments (skin care etc), though I certainly stop short of making comparisons to 'nip tuck queen', Joan Rivers.lol. An eccentric take by every stretch of the imagination.

Absolutely, one needs only to look at pictures of Mary to see that her physical structuring has not been altered and as for seeing what I want? No, I don't allow myself to be blinded by wishfull thinking. If I thought Mary had undergone invasive surgery to alter her appearance I would be the first to make mention of it. Without doubt!

Weight loss can alter a person's appearance, however it doesn't change your basic structure. To use another example, when Princess Victoria was suffering from anorexia she lost a great deal of weight. However, she didn't look different, imo. She was unhealthily skinny but her face looked the same.
Absolutely. But again, I don't really recall you stating to any great extent, what it is you think Mary has had done (If you have, my apologies). It seems you often like to generalise in your viewpoint, remaining somewhat at a distance to your proposed observation.

Well somehow, I find it hard to beluieve that the chunky, overweight, badly-dressed woman pre-Fred would receive the same level of adoration for her beauty, grace, elegance etc.
I must agree with GlitteringTiaras here. Beauty is subjective. I found her post to be really quite uplifting and very true in many ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
fandesacs2003 said:
Very very very wel said.

I don not think either that she is the "next door girl", because in this case Frederik had millions of "next door girls", in Denmark to fall in love, he did not need to find one, fron Dawn Under....
Their story was too complicated and difficult, just for a "next door girl"
Surely the "girl next door" can depend exactly where one lives-please! Mary is not even similar to classy next door neighbours because that is not the class to which she was born.

She is from a respectable middle class family- not upper middle class. She grew up in a family with no household help or nannies and no private schooling because her parents were from workiing class families. John D. did move his family's status up a notch. She has attempted to iron out her accent which is a standard practice for lower middle class people and worked in lower management, despite having seemingly good degrees.

She is transformed somewhat but is not an original classy woman. Mary's accent is still in the process of transformation. The only thing that has improved in the transformation is the fashion style and some of the facial features which, unfortunately, is what most people seem to be obsessed about royals today, so perhaps she wins on that. Hurrah Mary, the winner in style transformation- another bouquet for you:flowers:.

Mary has come along way. I never thought or think she is pretty not before nor after marrying but she has something nice about her & i dont know what it is. i think what makes her pretty or attractive is the way she interacts with people & carries her self when walking etc. she is doing a great job as for a crown princess, imo the job suits her. cloths and apperance wise, she has made all the right choices she had to make. it was obvioues she had to change for who she is now.

If by 'transformation' some refer to an inevitable variation in word patterns then yes, that's right. I don't see how anyone could think that by moving to another country where english is not the primary language (though it is widely spread throughout and spoken well) would not effect, first and foremost, an english speaking indavidual. Its quite naïve really.

Then again, I guess one would have to better understand the objectivity of the Australiana syntax to really see why many of the Australian's in this forum (myself included) see the lilt as an unavoidable and very natural occurrence after having been (and continuing to be) exposed to an environment or culture that is not, initially, your own :)

Last edited:
Lady Bluffton said:
... but I guess what bothers me a little bit about Mary's transformation ...

And! If Fred fell in love with her before the transformation, then why does it (a transformation) matter?

You may have a valid point here, although I am not clued in about weight loss.

Fashion-wise, though, Mary's just like the other Crown Princesses (with the exception of Mette-Marit? and Victoria?) in being a "clothes-horse". Somebody decided (Mary?) that she should represent Danish fashion. Regretably Mary has a challenging skin tone - imho - that is difficult to dress. There are very few outfits that look extremely - and I repeat extremely - good on her.

I think Frederick likes her for who she is, down-to-earth, unassuming.

I think she is a very private person, just like Frederick, by the way. That is, I think "now" is still the beginning of her time to become comfortable with her Cinderella life-style (magic carpet transformation) .... hence the Danish royalty/government/university manipulations of having her dad and mom about (comfort blanket) ... leading (hopefully) to her opening up or sharing her (very) private inside with the world.

The Danish Royal Family is at the very least, very generous in accommodating the near family of their children's spouses. Witness Dr. Donald's (almost permanent?) tenure, with an apartment thrown in. Witness Alexandra's parents - who will by the way, now live where? I can't see them continuing to stay at Schackenborg!

Any sort of physical transformation requires time and money, both of which became more available as her relationship progressed with engagement and marriage. Emotional and spiritual transformation/maturation are free!

I did read somewhere that she had used an image consultant in Australia beofre coming to Denmark. They usually do hair, make-up, wardrobe, ettiquette, diplomacy and what-not. It costs money and requires time!

How about a different comparison, this time with the American actress Maggie Gyllenhaal?

Much more appropriate as both took time to grow into their looks and now look fabulous Mummy Casual or Royally Glamorous.

Madame Royale said:
Mary has a wonderful skin tone and nearly everything she has choosen to wear does suit her. Infact, I would be pushed to find more than a handful of outfits (that come to my mind) which have not suited her well.

Her complexion is exceptionally soft and radiates a somewhat porcelain like translucency that is truly, a match made in heaven for haute couture.
Agree with you. I practically never saw Mary wearing something wrong on her. She is nice, classy,a nd she has a "personnal" touch on her way to dress, even in the simpliest occasions.
She is not a "classical" beauty, but she is pretty and she has this "sort of Majesty" on her way to stand, to move, to look, which is unique.

I wish to many born Princesses, to have Mary's class, something comparable to late Grace Kelly.

fandesacs2003 said:
I wish to many born Princesses, to have Mary's class, something comparable to late Grace Kelly.
I quite agree. Mary is the Brunette Grace Kelly minus the movie star career.

Little_star said:
Perhaps the endless praise of her "natural beauty", when clearly in some ways she is as manufactured as Joan Rivers is what irks some!
Yes, wouldn't it just be great if they all stayed natural and true to the looks they were born with?

Why can't Mary just be herself ?

I'm sure Mary is very much herself :)

From what I've seen, it's those who attempt to convey an image of her (in a less then respective manner), that makes those prone to gullibility start questioning the character (or conviction) of this lady.

I don't believe Fandesacs 2003 or RubyPrincess168 literally meant that Mary is like Grace Kelly. Rather, there are attributes of her persona which, in some way, reminds them of the late Princess Consort.

Last edited:
Madame Royale said:
I don't believe Fandesacs 2003 or RubyPrincess168 literally meant that Mary is like Grace Kelly. Rather, there are attributes of her persona which, in some way, reminds them of the late Princess Consort.

Then what does 'Mary is the Brunette Grace Kelly minus the movie star career.' really mean ???? :lol:

donnaK said:
Then what does 'Mary is the Brunette Grace Kelly minus the movie star career.' really mean ???? :lol:

Um, exactly what I said :ermm: You'e reading too much into the statement I think.

Obviously Mary wouldn't have been called a blonde version of Grace Kelly now would she.lol. And as for the movie career..well, that pretty much explains itself so I'm not quite sure what part of my post you did not fathom.

Again, I'm sure they refer to characteristics of the Crown Princess, not literally meaning she is another Grace Kelly as such.

Last edited:
CEASE FIRE!

What I meant when I said 'Crown Princess Mary is the Brunette Grace Kelly minus the movie career' was that she has a similar beautiful and glamourous aura about her that Grace Kelly had, not that they were similar physically.

Which is exactly what I thought you meant, RubyPrincess168 ;) :)

Well, I'm glad to see that someone had the common sense to call a cease fire before this thread totally crashed and burned. I hope this discussion will continue in a more pleasant and less confrontational way than it's been going until the last couple of posts, or the forum moderators will be closing this thread.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

I have now cleaned up several posts which went way off-topic in personally criticising other members.

This thread is about Crown Princess Mary's transformation. Comparing her to others is fine as long as people are not negative--in the comparison, regarding CP Mary and especially to each other.

If you can't play nice, we will close this thread. Reminders of what is and isn't allowed can be found by following the links in my signature line immediately below my name.

Suonymona, Royal House of Fashion Moderator

Madame Royale said:

What i was saying comparing Mary to Grace Kelly, is that Grace Kelly, as Mary, was not raised like a Princess, but she become an excellent inforgettable Princess.
Sometimes, some one could come from a middle class, without an adequat education for "this task", but can bear enough finesse, class and intelligence to excel in this task.
On the other hand, you have born princesses, who behavior in a low manner.

Madame Royale said:
As for what others may think, I was always encouraged to make up my own mind (meaning, without external influence), but that's me.
Ignoring the viewpoints of people who have met Mary (or anybody else for that matter) because they don't fit pre-conceived notions is silly and petty, imo of course.

Madame_Royale said:
I don't recall syaing that Mary hasn't undergone certain treatments (skin care etc), though I certainly stop short of making comparisons to 'nip tuck queen', Joan Rivers.lol. An eccentric take by every stretch of the imagination.

Absolutely, one needs only to look at pictures of Mary to see that her physical structuring has not been altered and as for seeing what I want? No, I don't allow myself to be blinded by wishfull thinking. If I thought Mary had undergone invasive surgery to alter her appearance I would be the first to make mention of it. Without doubt!

Absolutely. But again, I don't really recall you stating to any great extent, what it is you think Mary has had done (If you have, my apologies). It seems you often like to generalise in your viewpoint, remaining somewhat at a distance to your proposed observation.
Before:
59.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I really don't see how anybody can keep a straight face and say she hasn't had a great deal of work done!

It's hard to say that this photo is from CP Mary!!!!!Her face is really diferent

biboquinhas said:
It's hard to say that this photo is from CP Mary!!!!!Her face is really diferent
It is her photo from the Starmakers website that the DRF requested to be removed, I believe. Hence there should be acknowledgement that there has been huge transformation, unlike any other royal that I am aware of.

juliana said:
It is her photo from the Starmakers website that the DRF requested to be removed, I believe. Hence there should be acknowledgement that there has been huge transformation, unlike any other royal that I am aware of.
So you haven't seen what e.g. queen Rania's nose job did to her appearance I take it?

Yes Mary does look different on this pic than the ones we have usually seen.

Then again - I have had pictures taken of me 15, 10, 5 years ago that does not really look like me - what I usually look like. Isn't it fairly common that pictures are taken which does not really look like the person that is photographed?

I don't see the 'huge transformation' I must admit.

biboquinhas said:

Her face is much chubbier - but apart from that I don't see that much of a difference.

I do not see a huge transformation in the before and after photographs but I must say Crown Princess Mary has blossomed from a pretty woman into an exceptionally stylish, high polished beautiful woman.

Little_star said:
Ignoring the viewpoints of people who have met Mary (or anybody else for that matter) because they don't fit pre-conceived notions is silly and petty, imo of course.

Before:
59.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I really don't see how anybody can keep a straight face and say she hasn't had a great deal of work done!

It is obvious that she lost a lot of weight, and sha may had herv noose slightly done, but where is the crime. Millions of women, even from low social and economical levels modify their noses, or fight against some kilos, if this make them feel better, why shouldn't do it? And why Mary is not allowed to do the same?

I don't see to why Crown Princess Mary shouldn't be allowed to do the same. I think people dislike it when someone from royalty does it, why I don't know as if they're under some kind of moral obligation. Say like if a member of a royal family has a child out of wedlock then there is uproar, double standards one could say.

juliana said:
It is her photo from the Starmakers website that the DRF requested to be removed, I believe.

From where did the DRF request this photo to be removed? From this (royalforums.com) website? I had not heard of this request before.

Please, more information! ;)

My initial comment stands!

I have no problem doing it. The womans lost around 10 - 14 kilos and has clearly had skin care treatments done. Whatever your looking for I think you may be on that quest for some time!

Last edited:
Madame Royale said:
. Whatever your looking for I think you may be on that quest or some time!

I was just thinking the same thing! lol

Little_star, Besides, how long ago was that picture taken, i mean, its probably 6 or 7 years old. Go see a picture of yourself that was taken 6 or 7 years ago and see if you look the same now, i can bet you look different.

Last edited:
Australian said:
I was just thinking the same thing! lol

Little_star, Besides, how long ago was that picture taken, i mean, its probably 6 or 7 years old. Go see a picture of yourself that was taken 6 or 7 years ago and see if you look the same now, i can bet you look different.

CORRECT!

And where did Mary declare that she had no work done?
I do not imagine a CP making such kind of declarations, she would receive much critics to discuss so "light" subjects:bang:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom