The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 11-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
Funny how Vanidades and Hola always call her a lawyer when referring to her former career.
Yes, they should call her a bachelor of law or LL.B instead, that's one of her academic titles. To become enlisted in the roll of solicitors (or the Australian equivalent of it) she would have to do a one year training course in addition to her academic degree. She chose to persue a career in her second Baccalaureate's topic: Commerce. In full she is BComm LL.B and could, if she hadn't given up her career in order to marry, ended up a Doctor Juris/MBA without that much academic tuition to go, as her working would have been considered as part of her tuition time. I guess it's easier for magazines who are not interested in the way the academic world works in Australia to call her a lawyer instead of explaining which law degree she actually has and what that means when it comes to the different ways to practise law.
__________________

__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #62  
Old 11-02-2006, 03:01 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinika
Every time I see Mary's "before" photos I'm struck anew by just how much she has changed. Especially the 'popcorn' photo and the one in the red skirt. She's SO much thinner
I don't think the weight loss is astonishing. I guess she is not longer cooking for herself and her family but has someone doing it on her orders. SDo if she wants to eat healthy or even eats slimming diet fare, she can do it without any problem at all while Frderick can have what he wants. That's an enormous difference to a normal life - who has the time to prepare more than one dish for the family or who can cook delicious but fat-reduced meals on a day-to-day basis? Most people eat at least one meal in a staff canteen or cafeteria where the food normally is not up to preventing over-weights.
Plus Mary has time to work out on a regular basis - she is not like other young mums who have to care constantly for their little one but she can take the time off she needs to work out, going for a ride, walking the dog etc.

Both things together would make any woman into a slim and trim lady with a healthy looking skin.
__________________

__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #63  
Old 11-02-2006, 03:11 AM
soCal girl's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Irvine, United States
Posts: 1,683
If I was going to be the Crown Princess of a country, I might lose weight too. It's a natural thing to do when thrust in the spotlight. But I have to say that Mary was getting pretty skinny after Christian's birth but since she's pregnant, we're going to see a fuller Mary so no worries!
__________________
사랑
  #64  
Old 11-02-2006, 08:07 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
If I was going to be the Crown Princess of a country, I might lose weight too. It's a natural thing to do when thrust in the spotlight. But I have to say that Mary was getting pretty skinny after Christian's birth but since she's pregnant, we're going to see a fuller Mary so no worries!
You are absolutely right

In anyway, we ALL try to be better, within the frame of our possibilities, Mary does the same. She thinks that she is better thin, OK, it is her right to believe it, maybe Frederik prefers her like this, any opipnion is respectable.
__________________
  #65  
Old 11-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 29
Some of Mary's old picture were completely new for me. Her chance is really astonishing. I don't believe that she is really at the aim of her chance. I'm quite sure that she is a perfectionist, she'll never be. I hope we will see her behaving more frankly and genuinely. At the moment she sometimes seems too artificial.
But I think most women would loose weight in her position. Always being photographed means also always being criticized and I could imagine that she is really self-critical, too.
__________________
  #66  
Old 11-13-2006, 12:23 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Very interesting thread for those ( as me ) who don't know very well Mary Donaldson.

First, and I agree, I don't understand why the newspaper go on to call her a Laywer ( It's a tittle) that she was never been and ( I'm not sure) that she never pretend.

It's very easy to read Her C.V. that she never had hidden.

Then for her transformation, It's true What a change! Not in the structure, right ( no esthetic surgery ) but in the appearence and by the way in her mind.

It's because she is Crown Princess and she has to represant a crountry that she has to change her bearing. It's trus that she is successful in this operation or in this " training" . May be, plus the appearence, she had to suffer some mental changes because it's obvious that her looke was not the same, her gestual too.

I'm not sure that she is becoming more regal, but she is becoming very sophisticated and it fits her very well.

I think it's a true challenge for a Royal House, when the Crown Prince marry a foreigner very far awy of the standard of the court, to perform the Crown Princess.

For the Mary's case, the main difficulties, in my opinion, it was that she was a very natural, sport and haelthy girl of a country whithout so stricted rules and she had to adapted her at country with very ancient culture and specific language. The all at a century of the high modernity.

May be the most difficult not was fao Mary who is women obviously adaptable but for Fedreric who looks a little bit egoistic spoiled whymmy child.

May be I'm wrong but Mary looks more responsable that her husband and it's the reason why she is successful in her transformation.
__________________
  #67  
Old 11-17-2006, 03:05 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinika
Every time I see Mary's "before" photos I'm struck anew by just how much she has changed. Especially the 'popcorn' photo and the one in the red skirt. She's SO much thinner, skin is many shades paler and has been dermatologically resurfaced...I'd venture to say she didn't have a whole lot of style before she became a princess. I'll echo what so many on this board have said: what a difference money can make!
Mary herself said she didn't care about clothes before. Now that she is able to look great, I'm sure she enjoys the way she looks very much!
__________________
Für Gott, Fürst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
  #68  
Old 11-17-2006, 08:49 PM
bertie5252003's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,630
I absolutely agree money time loads of help and anything is achievable. There is just no excuse for any of these CP's or other Princess etc to look anything but adorable. I just cannot believe anything else. I just think Mary is lovely and I love that she is Australian BUT we could all look that good given the chance. IMO
__________________
  #69  
Old 11-17-2006, 09:41 PM
tabbitha's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 391
I don't agree that with us all having money , stylists etc we can all look that good- have you noticed some skinny celebs with all their money- they look rancid -money does not buy taste nor style IMO..Vic Beckham comes to mind.
  #70  
Old 11-18-2006, 12:09 PM
bertie5252003's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,630
Celrbrity and royality are two completely different areas. Loads of trouble is the order of the day when there is a notion that these two can and should be mixed.The Beckhams [oh dear] are celebrity and looking as she does particularly does not even rate a mention when discussing someone like Mary IMO and this is only IMO. Mary should look regal at all times for the rest like Victoria B I am not too interested.
__________________
  #71  
Old 11-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003
Celrbrity and royality are two completely different areas.
Sentiments I agree with 110%
__________________
  #72  
Old 11-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Somewhere not Interesting, Canada
Posts: 291
Yes, but now the media is making royals celebrities. They are becoming one in the same thing.
__________________
  #73  
Old 12-19-2006, 04:23 PM
olga7777's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 99
Hi everyone
I have seen this thread several times and I have tried to answer but always end up forgetting to do that.

In my opinion, it's clear that she has change in her appearance and that also she has lost weight. But regarding the question of the weight, all the brides I know have deliberately or just by stress lost weight. In the first case, just because they want to look their best. Quite likely she never thought her appearance to be so important before and was never so on the spot. But when everyone is looking at you, sooner or later you end up being more aware of how you look and what you dress. So I don't think that the marriage with Frederick might have been the main factor in the change of her appearance. Surely seeing herself so many times in so many photos has had some kind of effect and surely any change is more related to her losing weight, is more related to that than to anything else.

I'm in no doubt that her marriage, and becoming a princess, has also had some kind of effect, but mainly in the way she dresses, at least in public. She is a public person and because of that it is expect she will have some specific appearance and look and will dress in a way expected in her new role.

I don't think you could expect going through something like that and not change. But I don't think she might have changed so much internally, and by that I mean her personality.

In any case all people change through life and you are never the same person you were some years before. The experiences you life have a natural effect in yourself and your personality. And that applies to everyone and not only her.
__________________
  #74  
Old 12-20-2006, 03:50 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by olga7777
Hi everyone
I have seen this thread several times and I have tried to answer but always end up forgetting to do that.

In my opinion, it's clear that she has change in her appearance and that also she has lost weight. But regarding the question of the weight, all the brides I know have deliberately or just by stress lost weight. In the first case, just because they want to look their best. Quite likely she never thought her appearance to be so important before and was never so on the spot. But when everyone is looking at you, sooner or later you end up being more aware of how you look and what you dress. So I don't think that the marriage with Frederick might have been the main factor in the change of her appearance. Surely seeing herself so many times in so many photos has had some kind of effect and surely any change is more related to her losing weight, is more related to that than to anything else.

I'm in no doubt that her marriage, and becoming a princess, has also had some kind of effect, but mainly in the way she dresses, at least in public. She is a public person and because of that it is expect she will have some specific appearance and look and will dress in a way expected in her new role.

I don't think you could expect going through something like that and not change. But I don't think she might have changed so much internally, and by that I mean her personality.

In any case all people change through life and you are never the same person you were some years before. The experiences you life have a natural effect in yourself and your personality. And that applies to everyone and not only her.

PERFECTLY PERFECTLY said. You are absolutely right and you deeply went through ALL the aspects of the changes of Mary's life. Mary is a human being and we must judge her like this. Her effort to well accomplish her role, and to really deserve Frederic's love and trust, its wonderfull and if this effort is being translated by a loose of weight or a most formal behavior, it is respectable.
__________________
  #75  
Old 02-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: sydney, Australia
Posts: 8
I think what's amazing is her posture and skin transformation.. does anyone know what products she uses?
__________________
  #76  
Old 02-19-2007, 01:24 AM
EmpressRouge's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet25
I think what's amazing is her posture and skin transformation.. does anyone know what products she uses?
According to post #14 of this thread, she uses Ole Herinksen products.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...sen#post543140

I've seen his products at Sephora
Fragrance, Cosmetics & the Finest Facial Skin Care Product Selection at Sephora.com
__________________
  #77  
Old 02-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,608
They sell his products at Harvey Nichols as well, I've tried it but wasn't overly impressed.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #78  
Old 03-04-2007, 11:45 AM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 944
I never understood the fuss about Mary's tranformation. I say thank god she changed her appearence. With clothes and style, what did we expect? I wish though, that she had kept her teint.

But I don't understand why she is so critisized for having changed. As a crown princess, all the sudden, she has to represent a country, and is an official person, who is intensly discussed on the internet and in Denmark.
__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
  #79  
Old 03-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
I never understood the fuss about Mary's tranformation. I say thank god she changed her appearence. With clothes and style, what did we expect? I wish though, that she had kept her teint.

But I don't understand why she is so critisized for having changed. As a crown princess, all the sudden, she has to represent a country, and is an official person, who is intensly discussed on the internet and in Denmark.
Perhaps the endless praise of her "natural beauty", when clearly in some ways she is as manufactured as Joan Rivers is what irks some!
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #80  
Old 03-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Perhaps the endless praise of her "natural beauty", when clearly in some ways she is as manufactured as Joan Rivers is what irks some!

Clearly, Mary is "...as manufactured as Joan Rivers..." I totally see what you mean, Little Star. Joan Mary

Gross exaggerations are not needed when trying to make a convincing argument. Personally speaking, I do believe Mary is a natural beauty, meaning she hasn't had any major work done. Nonetheless, it's not out of the question that she may have had Microdermabrasion, but who hasn't these days? I've had it done and I'm not ashamed to admit it, but do I look like a plastic surgery victim? No, far from it, if anything my skin looks a million times better.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Baby Girl for Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor: Princess Haya - April 18, 2007 rama King Abdullah's Brothers 59 06-12-2008 08:25 PM
It's a girl! Amelia Morales October 2007 and suggested godparents monica The Royal Family of Greece 92 05-21-2008 09:06 AM
Baby girl for Prince Hashem & Princess Fahdah: Princess Hala - April 6, 2007 Huda King Abdullah's Brothers 46 04-28-2007 01:49 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland pom pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]