The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Of course she is the same old Mary in her values. Also the pre-Mary high likely wanted to marry rich...and now she is married to a rich guy. And before you think this is another Mary-bashing...no, I do understand her...if you are meeting a nice guy, who is even wealthy, who wouldn´t grab him?

Before, around the engagement and also partly after the wedding, she had this terrible habit of making a pouty face with the head up. It seems, she got this from the Starmaker course...thanks god, this has improved and she is looking more natural again.
I.
I agree with you on both these points, just look at the ex boyfriends she had, non of them were the average kind, and regarding the pouty face with head up, that was the first impression I had of her, as if to say, I got what I've been after !

The reason so many people on the forum feel this way, is because even though the other Cprincesses have become more attractive and classy, thay have basically remained approachable and natrual, which is something I couldn't say about Mary!

Old 10-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Before and after pictures...anyone? Thanks
Some "before" pictures of Mary:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/jmj21983/y13.jpg
Photo: Her & Nu
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/jmj21983/y11.jpg
Photo: Royalty magazine
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/jmj21983/y8.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/jmj21983/y3.jpg
Photo: Kig Ind
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/jmj21983/t7.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/jmj21983/t26.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/jmj21983/j26.jpg
Photo: Billed Bladet
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/jmj21983/j12.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...rywhitetee.jpg
Photo: See and Hear
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...arypopcorn.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7...whiteblack.jpg
Photo: Point de Vue
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7...5205_0_ALB.jpg

Old 10-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the pics. She looked great then and looks great now-
Old 10-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Nobility

Does anyone think Mary is ashamed in some way of her pre-Frederik and pre-engagement photos? To me, she was motivated in her transformation to go one step beyond what was necessary for her to fulfill her new very public role as CP and Danish cultural ambassador.

I'm sorry, but again, I think she rarely lets her guard down as far as her appearance goes...she never seems to have an "off" day, and sorry, but that's just not normal. Again, my question boils down to -- "too much of a transformation"?

I think she looked completely normal in the "before" pics.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

what a little bit of a weight lost and some fashion clothes could do to you!!! She was already a very beautiful girl but now she hAs style, she knows how to handle in every situation, she knows how to dress, how to walk, she knows how to be a Princess!
Old 10-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Aristocracy

I think a lot of the transformation has to do with the fact that when you are just a 'girl next door' you don't really need a wardrobe of ball gowns, evening wear and the likes. Her new wardrobe reflects the very different work/life style she is now undertaking. Her appearance needed to change tp reflect her new role.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Royal Highness

I think Mary was quite a plain jane before she met Fredrick (Sydney olympics), she spiced things up when she dated him regularly, and did a complete change when she realized she would be marrying him! In all honesty, I think Fredrick must have liked what he initially saw in her, which in my opinion is warmth, simplicity and uncomplicatedness. He could have married any top model he wanted, and he chose her!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Serene Highness

That's the cool thing. He loved her before she was camera ready. To me, that says a lot about her personality and her demeanor. I'm sure she felt the pressure to transform, but really,what's wrong with that?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 10-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
what a little bit of a weight lost and some fashion clothes could do to you!!! She was already a very beautiful girl but now she hAs style, she knows how to handle in every situation, she knows how to dress, how to walk, she knows how to be a Princess!
Absolutely agree

I do not see a major transformation, she was a healthy radiant girl, she still is one. She just loose SOME weight, this could happend to everybody.
Before she did not need to wear neither bal gowns, nor tiaras, now she is wearing them, just that is. If she worn them before, she would have looked simply the same, just with a few kilos more.
But she did not change radically anything, no surgery, no change of hair colour, no very sophisticated hair cut, she is the same woman., simple & chic

And where is the deal of being always chic, her people loves to see her elegant, why she should disappoint them??
And do not forget that is a strict dresscode to to her official appeareances, it woud be bad her appearing badly dressed, and inappropriate for the occasion.
All CPrincesses make the same effort, Mary just succeeds better
Old 10-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Courtier

My grandpa says that something changes with women when they marry and more when they have children. I dont understand it well since I hadn´t experinced it, but I believe it has to do with a not substacial growth. Seeing this pictures of Mary I think I have an idea of what he talks about. Besides all the grooming and styling behind Mary, she looks more confident. She is now a full grown woman
Old 10-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Gentry

I love Mary's transformation and I dont consider it mysterious in any way. Make up, new clothes and weightloss....Where's the big deal?
And although i think she looked fine before the wedding and engagement, when i was viewing the pics posted earlier on the thread I caught myself thinking "Thankgod they gave her a stylist".
Besides, going from the girl-next-door to something "more"...isnt that what becoming a princess is all about?
Old 10-31-2006, 07:10 AM
Aristocracy

Mary has changed heaps......
Old 11-01-2006, 06:41 AM
Nobility

Well before mary was crownprincess she looked really normal, nothing special. And now she has really changed: what make-up, haircut, facials, jewelry, clothes etc. can do for you!! Just amazing.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I dont know about why the weigh loss is a big deal. Its obvious that she is married to a CP, has duties to fullfill and therefore, she may be under alot of stress. I think it is normal.

Beofre being a princess, i think she was elegent and dressed simple. Marrying and becoming a CP made her change and thats what we see from all princesses. ex, CP letizia.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Aristocracy

Interesting thread.

I do not see the this total tranformation. I see a 30+ woman who now shop in Danish stores and look more like a dane following danish fashiontrends, then an australian following australian casual dressing. Many of the danish brands she had been spotted wearing are affordable in term of a real pay check, though not cheap.

Outside that the so called total transformation is primarely a CP dressing for public duties. Hats, high heels and such. That is work wear and no different from other people who have to put on certain work wear.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Courtier

Any Danes here? Have you read the new book about her? I read some excerpts in English from other boards, and I must say quite interesting and intriguing .
Old 11-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
Any Danes here? Have you read the new book about her? I read some excerpts in English from other boards, and I must say quite interesting and intriguing .
No, I have only read about the book in a 8 page article in a womens magazine about the book, the authors and Mary.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Every time I see Mary's "before" photos I'm struck anew by just how much she has changed. Especially the 'popcorn' photo and the one in the red skirt. She's SO much thinner, skin is many shades paler and has been dermatologically resurfaced...I'd venture to say she didn't have a whole lot of style before she became a princess. I'll echo what so many on this board have said: what a difference money can make!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Aristocracy

Article about Mary's fashion style from hola.com. I'm afraid the translation may not be very good.

Original article can be found here: http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/10/31/mary-estilo/

The Princess is born and they become. That is, at least, which points a new book, Mary, a princess with style, of Jan Körner and Jim Lyngvild, on the transformation of Mary Donaldson in Princess of Denmark. For both authors, when Mary decided to accept the proposal of marriage of prince Federico, the Danish Real House gained nothing less than a super star. A fundamental prop with which it had the possibility of showing, whenever it needed it, the best face of the monarchy to the exteror world. And it put hands to the work. Immediately after the commitment, Palace was in charge of its metamorphosis in an icon of the style, a strategy with as much success that recently chosen more elegant woman was from the world by an English magazine. Both authors have crumbled the style of princess Mary through interviews with their personal estilista and its peluquero. There is no doubt that the Real House had a very clear idea of which looked for and that has operated the change. When comparing the first photos of the Princess when arriving from Australia with the present ones, we discovered a new woman. The Mary of today is substantially thinner and their clothes and its hair differ completely from which Lucia at the time at which she was lawyer in Sydney. A new woman the Real House contracted to everything a team of experts that turned it a modern European woman. The one that they managed to make of her an icon of the style has been a combination of skill, luck and doubtless qualities of Princess. In the book it is described how the estilista Anja Alajdi Stretcher meets with Mary to the week once to glide what there is to buy for his wardrobe. Nothing is left at random. For the authors, the attitude of the Real House has been everything a success, since we lived in a while in which everything is image question. The Princess has been a fresh air blowing for the Danish Court, that finishes losing to its previous star, princess Alejandra. But the image of Mary as icon of the style can be ajar, if they do not take care of his evolution. The authors of books consider that to date they have made it phenomenal: the embarrassed passage of just married to and, now, mother very gradual and has been guessed right. It has been able to change his style without stopping itself being faithful. As opposed to the considerations of Jan Körner and Jim Lyngvild, the princess Mary has confessed who its transformation in Princess Heredera has been without censorship nor slogans. "they have given much freedom Me so that it tries to find my own style, because it is very important to continue being you yourself, of another form you cannot be inheriting princess Mary and Mary. Naturally there is some difference, but often when I also go to some official commitment I am in good part i myself. I act of the form in which Mary would do... The form in which I know people and things thus, is not an act of a real Princess. Naturally, also they were all the questions of label that I have asked and learned, but have given much margin me so that it finds my own way, that I believe that is what it is due to do, because if you must fit in this hollow the thing long ago more estresante of which already is ".
Old 11-02-2006, 02:02 AM
Courtier

Funny how Vanidades and Hola always call her a lawyer when referring to her former career.

Tags
crown princess mary