Charlotte Casiraghi's Fashion and Style Part 5: April 2017 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether it would have looked better without that hat. With a nice curly put-up hairdo or a small, feather-light headpiece in white, but that way it doesn't look good for the occasion.

Blugh!!! Too dark for a summer wedding!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Makes her look like an old hag!!!

UGH. The pattern gives me a headache. :ermm:

I love the hat. And the over all style is lovely though not the pattern :flowers:

But totally wrong for a summer event. :sad:

Surprisingly, I like Charlotte's outfit. There's a retro vibe and the design is interesting. The floppy hat is fun. I wish another color replaced the black background and hat. Maybe burgundy? A pastel would make the floral and design invisible.

ETA: Gucci shoes

Last edited:
In Charlotte's effort to go incognito & un-assuming, she actually creates the opposite effect, she stands out like a sore thumb. :sad: It makes her look awkward and even more shy and un-confident. jmho.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of Charlotte's outfit but I think it might work a bit better minus that hat.

The outfit is actually nice, but for a wedding in October.

I think she looks good although a different hat (or no hat) would look better. I like the dress and coat - very elegant and streamlined. I probably wouldn't have chosen it for a summer wedding but each to their own.

I bet if she turned up to a funeral in this she would have been criticised for wearing pattern as if she were going to a party ... or a wedding.

Is the fabric tweed wool? Or I'm wrong? Really out of season. And the hat is a day winter hat, not an official event hat. I'm astonished because she she wears Gianbatista Valli usually she is stunning

I believe the hat is the same one she wore to National Day in 2012.

(..)

As to get outfit, it's odd but she doesn't always get it right when it comes to "occasion" clothes. I like the dress she wore to that wedding in Italy and that would have been nicer here IMO.

She's much better at dressing down for everyday life.(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the fabric tweed wool? Or I'm wrong? Really out of season. And the hat is a day winter hat, not an official event hat. I'm astonished because she she wears Gianbatista Valli usually she is stunning

Ita about Gianbatista Valli, and was astonished when I found out that outfit was by the same designer. To this day my all-time favorite dress worn by Charlotte was by said designer: http://media3.popsugar-assets.com/files/2011/07/26/6/192/1922398/59e1021572f95f1f_117977287_10.jpg

I don't dislike Charlotte's coat but... the hat is a bit casual for the structure of the coat. I do think it would look more suitable at a late autumn or winter event that was not a wedding.

This is a fashion thread. Posts about Charlotte's son, her situation in life and her emotional state have been removed as off-topic. Please stay on topic of this thread, thank you!

I can usally find something nice to say about her outfits but the Giambattista Valli shapeless number from the wedding is just weird. Strange color choice for a summer wedding, busy pattern, strange hat like she's hiding, strange hat and hairdo combination, strange that she didn't even bother with earrings. It doesn't help that the only video of her I saw getting in the church made her look like she is shuffling her feet.

Also didn't like the pre-wedding black outfit with the lace sleeves. It reminds me of those dresses in market bazaars in the middle of nowhere in Asia. :/

I can usally find something nice to say about her outfits but the Giambattista Valli shapeless number from the wedding is just weird. Strange color choice for a summer wedding, busy pattern, strange hat like she's hiding, strange hat and hairdo combination, strange that she didn't even bother with earrings. It doesn't help that the only video of her I saw getting in the church made her look like she is shuffling her feet.

Also didn't like the pre-wedding black outfit with the lace sleeves. It reminds me of those dresses in market bazaars in the middle of nowhere in Asia. :/
Yes, it's more a winter and autumn look. I really think that it would have been better without the hat - and as you say, some earrings.

Yes maybe without the hat and her hair down. Hair up and it looks like she is off to a meeting...

I might be the odd one out here; but I quite like Charlotte's outfit. I think it's very chic and stylish.

A great big no from me, she doesn't fit in with the other guests or occasion

Did we see what she wore for the after wedding party ? I saw one pic with a lady from back which could be her with a long green dress but not sure who it was

I loved Charlotte's outfit! The only thing I would've loved to see was a soft up do with a lighter headpiece and sandal pumps.
The mix of fabrics, lace and color in the outfit is very pretty.

Last edited:
not a fan at all. She could have done soooo much better for a SUMMER wedding.
And the hat simply does not suit her!
BYe Bine

A simple black top and a flower mini-skirt for Charlotte at the Gucci show as part of the Spring/Summer 2018 Milan Fashion Week today, September 20.

It's supposed to be a modern mixture, I guess, but I would have preferred a nicer, less simple top:

** Pic **

From the neck up she looks like a goddess. Her makeup is flawless.

But that....can we call it a dress or is it a costume?:eek: And who is the designer?

No, wait! I can guess.:bang:

Last edited:
As contrary as ever - I like it although I'm not sure she's the best model for it. She doesn't have either the presence or the posture for it. Hair and make up are lovely.

I like it! But I also don't care for your typical dress type of garbage. We've seen that enough. But she needs to check her posture. This dress needs shoulders that don't want to drop off to the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom