Charlotte Casiraghi's Fashion and Style Part 3: March 2012 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of those rare times when I don't like ANYTHING about Charlotte's look. Her makeup is too heavy and makes her resemble a vampire. That dress is simply weird.

She has enough beautiful ball gowns to populate a warehouse, and this is the best she could come up with for tonight's Rose Ball?:sad:

It is a very strange choice for the ball's theme. The cut of the gown doesn't work with the length but I do like the way the light catches the material in the close-up pics. I also like her hairstyle.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It's even worse on the model than on Charlotte! GracieGiraffe nailed it, looks an elderly matron's housecoat.:sad:

I don't like the design or the length.

Horrible!! I thought this was a ball, not a "dress like a frump" occasion. :eek:

I do not see the Art Deco style at all. I like the dress but the length is fully unflattering it destroyed her legs. Bad

I like the dress and the color but there is nothing glam about the look and it's a weird length, so not her age IMO. Her hair and make up looked nicely done.

:previous: It just doesn't look like something one would wear to a Ball. The tea length opens many areas a dress such as this could ace, the Rose Ball certainly isn't one of them.

I do love the colors, and if it was a form fitting shift dress that hit just above the knee I'd be all over it.

But I just don't understand it's current incarnation at all. Even Charlotte with her mind boggling beauty cannot make it work, imo.

Perhaps Karl has lost eyesight - how can you dress a young beautiful woman in an elderly matron's housecoat (the expression I was looking for, thanks Moonmaiden23).

In the minority here but I like her look. I love the colour and her hair and her make up. Not sure what it has to do with Art Deco...

To me it's not that the dress was so bad. In fact, it was in a gorgeous color and gave a nod back to the 50s dressing. It's a pretty silhouette.
But the dress was not a Ball gown - not fit for a Ball. It would look great at a luncheon or tea.
It would take a lot of self confidence to wear this to a Ball. Or maybe she is trying to send a message? Who knows. :question:

Imo the dresses of the other ladies have (at least) a nod to Art Deco, but Charlotte's dress seems to be a nod to the iconic Jackie Kennedy pink suit (was that Chanel?). In itself not a bad dress even though imo she's a tiny bit too skinny for it, but there's nothing Art Deco to it, which is a real shame because i think she could pull off a deco-style dress really well..

Imo the dresses of the other ladies have (at least) a nod to Art Deco, but Charlotte's dress seems to be a nod to the iconic Jackie Kennedy pink suit (was that Chanel?). In itself not a bad dress even though imo she's a tiny bit too skinny for it, but there's nothing Art Deco to it, which is a real shame because i think she could pull off a deco-style dress really well..

Yes Lee - It screams Channel but not deco period. Jackie's suit was not Channel, it was a custom copy, but the color is close. I think Lagerfeld must be running out of gown ideas to do sequined day dresses, but that's just me.

The dress looks great in this photo of her dancing in Photo 6: Beatrice Borromeo joins Charlotte Casiraghi and Princess Caroline at Monaco's Rose Ball - Photo 1 | Celebrity news in hellomagazine.com

To me it's not that the dress was so bad. In fact, it was in a gorgeous color and gave a nod back to the 50s dressing. It's a pretty silhouette.
But the dress was not a Ball gown - not fit for a Ball. It would look great at a luncheon or tea.
It would take a lot of self confidence to wear this to a Ball. Or maybe she is trying to send a message? Who knows. :question:

Hmm.. Like what kind of message?

I searched in the internet to see what kind of dresses are exactly the art deco and i found one which Chars had wear at ca end of 2014.
(the middle one) http://i62.tinypic.com/vmw2fq.jpg
Something like that would be much preferable -to me at least.

Last edited:
In the minority here but I like her look. I love the colour and her hair and her make up. Not sure what it has to do with Art Deco...

I like it, too. :flowers: So there are two of us.

I think there's too much black going on here. I think just having black on the pockets and sleeves would've been better. The dress is a bit frumpy, however I don't think it's that dreadful.

Jackie's Chez Ninon Chanel knockoff that she was wearing in Dallas? That strawberry pink wool suit was piped in navy blue, not black.

And why would Charlotte Casiraghi want to give any "nod" to an item of clothing associated with such a gruesome event, historical though it was?

ITA with the poster who said it would have been okay for luncheon or tea.

Wow she really looks bad. She is way too skinny for this dress, it just swims on her.
You can see the black beading on it in some of the pictures, it really is a gorgeous dress, not a ball gown, and for someone who can fill it out with curves, then it would look good.

In my view dress suited her perfectly as on young mother, pale shade of pink, sense of feeling comfortable.

But it was not appropriate for ball.

I just saw some better pictures of the dress and the whole pink part is sequins. The black edging is beading. It must be very heavy.

I once had a dress styled like this. Mine was a pale yellow linen with dark blue trim. I loved that dress. It was so comfortable and had a great feel to it. Received lots of compliments. I wouldn't have thought of it as appropriate for a ball. But, I do like it on Charlotte. (She is so beautiful.) Perhaps, if we could see the fabric up close, it would seem more appropriate.

I like the look of Charlotte and I am totally in love with her nail polish.

i really like charlotte's dress! it's different and she pulls it off beautifully. i love the 'vintage' feel it has to it and the cut is beautiful.

I like Charlotte's choice. The dress is very beautiful, IMO. The lenght is appropriate too: one of the characteristics of Art Déco evening dresses was that they weren't longer than ankle lenght, you could always see the shoes, and sometimes they were even shorter. Charlotte's dress makes sense, thus. It may not scream Art Déco, but it's fine to me. It may also not be a Ball gown, but women never wear ball gowns to the Rose Ball, they wear evening gowns/dresses.
Appropriate for a luncheon or tea? A sequinned dress? Not, this dress is for an evening/night occasion.

I like Charlotte's choice. The dress is very beautiful, IMO. The lenght is appropriate too: one of the characteristics of Art Déco evening dresses was that they weren't longer than ankle lenght, you could always see the shoes, and sometimes they were even shorter. Charlotte's dress makes sense, thus. It may not scream Art Déco, but it's fine to me. It may also not be a Ball gown, but women never wear ball gowns to the Rose Ball, they wear evening gowns/dresses.
Appropriate for a luncheon or tea? A sequinned dress? Not, this dress is for an evening/night occasion.

I agree! :flowers: But I do see why it is a hard dress to like. It's very much out-of-the-box. She carries it off well, though, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom