The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Photo from Getty Images

She looks gorgeous! The hair and makeup is flawless, the cut of the dress is not my favorite but I think she works it and it's NOT BLACK so + + + + points for that! I think the pink looks good against for her complexion as well.

Oh, and the shoes are okay, too, but not my fave part of the look.

Yes, i think this time she hit the nail on the head. She looks fresh and fashionable... More than anything else, she looks happy, don't you think

Old 02-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

The design of this dress is... interesting indeed. It's a beautiful colour.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:48 PM

The combination of coral and her black hair and her perfect skin and smokin' bod is deadly.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

Gistening Seas

Really, the dress is fab. Did anyone get a pics from the back to see what the back couture is. It has a lovely sash or decoration that reaches to the ankle or so??

It's quite lovely creation and the color is superb
Old 02-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Um ... Are you sure we all have seen the same coral dress? With all due respect, I can't see any particular design here. Just rags hanging from almost everywhere.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Aristocracy

The dress and the shoes are from Valentino :

Royallife: Charlotte op het Love Ball
Old 02-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Courtier

Very interesting look, perhaps Valentino Haute Couture had olympics ice dancing in mind when desiging this dress, even the camel colored boots are in vogue with ice skating competition attire.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...D9sWmXC4Kl.jpg
http://www.style.com/slideshows/2010...WAY/00340m.jpg
Old 02-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Um ... Are you sure we all have seen the same coral dress? With all due respect, I can't see any particular design here. Just rags hanging from almost everywhere.
Every dress has a design. Whether a person likes it or not is what's subjective.
The dress on the model looks better. It looks like on Charlotte's dress they didn't pull the top panel all the way over which would've made it look better and not so messy.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
It's Valentino, that makes it couture. Sadly enough because ever since Valentino himself stopped, Valentino has went downhill very fast.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not fond of the design, I think it's too short and... Well, I like the colour. I think coral flatters Charlotte.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Opal, I won't take the lesson.

I couldn't agree more, Empress Merel! These two monkeys they hired as designers are going to do the same thing as Lagerfeld did to Chanel I'm afraid. Although I liked some pieces a lot, there are still so many 'rags' in their spring collection. At least Valentino is alive - he could guide them somehow!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thanks Opal, I won't take the lesson.

I couldn't agree more, Empress Merel! These two monkeys they hired as designers are going to do the same thing as Lagerfeld did to Chanel I'm afraid. Although I liked some pieces a lot, there are still so many 'rags' in their spring collection. At least Valentino is alive - he could guide them somehow!
I agree totally .I dislike most of Chanel´s designs actually,I like the Chanel designs before Lagerfeld,and I love Valentino´s designs but not these last ones ,as the one Charlotte wore,so odd imo
Old 03-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's a shame Valentino retired. He was fantastic!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
It's a shame Valentino retired. He was fantastic!
I agree,for me together with Yves Saint Laurent and Gianfanco Ferré for Dior,one of the best
Old 03-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Courtier

I have been saying for ages that Chanel is overrated, and everybody keeps telling me "No, no! Karl's a genius!" ...I don't think so. A cranky old man maybe (hasn't he basically declared that he hates EVERYTHING? Fat people, food, children, the color purple...), but I've never seen this "genius" everybody speaks of. I cosign all sentiments on Valentino. Sucks so hard now. Although the last collection wasn't too horrible.

Has anyone seen the new scans of Charlotte at the "Hope For Haiti" gala with her mom and brother and Tatiana? I like the dress---on her anyway---although I think I'm the only one.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Royal Highness

Chanel is a hit or miss for me. And his latest collection is an epic fail.

And yes, I've seen the dress. One of the worst I've ever seen on her. Not a good look. But I don't mind it on her. I hope she will be wearing some Giambattista Valli, Erdem or Alberta Ferreti. So many lovely designs. Fashion goes beyond Chanel and Valentino. Charlotte still needs to learn that.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
I have been saying for ages that Chanel is overrated, and everybody keeps telling me "No, no! Karl's a genius!" ...I don't think so. A cranky old man maybe (hasn't he basically declared that he hates EVERYTHING? Fat people, food, children, the color purple...), but I've never seen this "genius" everybody speaks of. I cosign all sentiments on Valentino. Sucks so hard now. Although the last collection wasn't too horrible.
How can anyone hate food?
Valentino was amazing. He really knew how to make a woman look good.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Royal Highness

Karl has an eating disorder. He is obsessed with skinny. He has told a lot of young models to lose weight, and they did.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^ Oh - I had no idea.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:56 PM

any where that just sales balck stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks View Post
does anybody know where she usually shops?

Closed Thread

Tags
charlotte, charlotte casiraghi, fashion, style