Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 3: April 2011 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 3 of the thread for Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2010 - April 2011 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

She looks fantasitc. I just wish she'd widen her color pallette a little. She's tall and willowy so it takes a lot of bad fashion to make her look bad. She can handle something a bit more ornate as well. But she stays with what she likes; the monchomatic unadorned look.

It's a nice outfit but that jacket does not work for her! It widens her shoulders even more.

Is that the same jacket she wore with the pants yesterday?

I like it MUCH better with this outfit...those slacks were so poorly fitted she seemed lost in them. :ohmy:

This outfit is much more, elegant, IMO. :flowers:

P.S. Maybe the dark colors are out of respect for the recent mourning for Princess Antoinette? I know the official mourning ended a couple of days ago, but perhaps CW has been advised not to jump into a colorful wardrobe right away....

Last edited:
This evening in Dublin, Ireland.

This dress is not particularly flattering on Charlene. The shirred waist bring the eye up to her shoulders. Also, to be nitpicky...when she stands with her hands clasped together she gives sometimes the impression of insecurity.

myroyal's: ALBERT& CHARLENE V

Last edited:
My goodness...I think CW looks RADIANT in that navy blue cocktail dress..I love it!

Yes, she does look a little shy and uncertain but I think it adds to her appeal....it's a lot better than folks saying she looks arrogant and smug. :ermm:

I love the photo of her smiling and shyly waving from the car...she looks JUST like a Princess in that photo, imo.;)

dbarn67 said:

This dress is not particularly flattering on Charlene. The shirred waist bring the eye up to her shoulders. Also, to be nitpicky...when she stands with her hands clasped together she gives sometimes the impression of insecurity.

Yes...hmmm...this one is not as flattering as yesterdays- something about the way it hangs/drapes :(

Yes...hmmm...this one is not as flattering as yesterdays- something about the way it hangs/drapes :(

Yes, the draping/ruching pulls and highlights her undergarments.

I have to agree. Bias cut garments must be done perfectly and this one didn't make it. It would have been lovely as a sheath/column dress cut to the grain of the fabric. I do like the neckline trim, though.

dbarn67 said:

This is how I like to see her!
The dress looks gorgeous on her.

Ms. Charlene's shoulders are one of her strong points, IMO, as far as figure goes. Nothing worse than slopy shoulders.

Yeah, I don't like the way the dress drapes in the front. The color is nice though.

The only outfit I've liked from this visit is the gown from the state dinner. I thought she looked great in it.The other outfits were sort of boring. My least favorite was the pants suit. I thought the fit of the pants were off.

Ms. Charlene's shoulders are one of her strong points, IMO, as far as figure goes. Nothing worse than slopy shoulders.

I agree again. I am the same height as CW and all through my school days I tried to make myself look shorter by slouching and slumping. I do not have swimmers shoulders, but let me assure you it is not very attractive to see someone who is 5'10 or 5'11 with bad posture!

Mette-Marit of Norway has the same height issues, but she is much, MUCH better than she used to be. :ohmy:

BTW Jaya..I agree about the length...it needed to be a little bit longer. I was surprised to see so much of CW's knees! But I do love those shoes.

Last edited:
Moonmaiden23 said:
I agree again. I am the same height as CW and all through my school days I tried to make myself look shorter by slouching and slumping. I do not have swimmers shoulders, but let me assure you it is not very attractive to see someone who is 5'10 or 5'11 with bad posture!

Mette-Marit of Norway has the same height issues, but she is much, MUCH better than she used to be. :ohmy:

BTW Jaya..I agree about the length...it needed to be a little bit longer. I was surprised to see so much of CW's knees! But I do love those shoes.

At 5'3 I wish I was tall. Tall women have a certain elegance about them...if they know how to use it. I don't think they have to try hard to look beautiful. Which is why Charlene looks best when she doesn't overdo her look. Simplicity is key for her.

CrownPrincess I grew to appreciate my height as an adult, but as a schoolgirl it was torture. There were lots of tears. I wanted to be YOUR height!

I think CW does wear clothes almost like a model. But she is still learning how to hold her hands while standing, correct posture and gaze, tilt of the head while being photographed, etc.

Wait till she is required to wear a tiara and sash...I bet that is not as easy as it looks!

Last edited:

It looks like the dress is clinging to he. Too much static in the dress?

LOL! I think I am the only one so far who thinks CW looked PERFECT in that little dark blue dress!

She really needs to change that hair...maybe have it more long...she has always her hair pull on...not to good!

I admire her for looking like she wants to look. I find her hair to be most refreshing...just yank it back and look beautiful!

Charlene Wittstock at the final of the Monte Carlo Masters tennis tournament
in Monaco, April 17, 2011. A nice, fresh combination, partly matching clothes
with Prince Albert ;)
Her hair is a bit longer now, maybe already in preparation for the wedding.

** Full view ** Close up **

I like thiis somewhat casual outfit. She looks good with longer hair.

Charlene Wittstock at the final of the Monte Carlo Masters tennis tournament
in Monaco, April 17, 2011. A nice, fresh combination, partly matching clothes
with Prince Albert ;)
Her hair is a bit longer now, maybe already in preparation for the wedding.

** Full view ** Close up **

Quite hard to believe her hair is that long :whistling:
She is looking quite good, not a bad outfit at all.

Very nice outfit, but these long hair...:whistling: I have a suspicion...

Very nice outfit, but these long hair...:whistling: I have a suspicion...

Im thinking the same things too ! .................. its a hair piece , surely her hair cant grow that fast ? .............. still looks nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom