The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

the two weddings will be different, the british wedding was very beautiful with all the pomp, the musics and the marvellous choir of Westminster.at the monegash wedding,
We will see the royals, (I think the princess will wear the tiaras as the wedding of Princess Victoria), the place is very beautiful, it is the french riviera with the sun and the beautiful views on the sea from the place of the palace.
We will see Charlene making the procession from the carabinieris building untill the palace. It is a long way and she will need confortable shoes.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Courtier

Well I'm late to the party (totally forgot about this section of the forum until now).

Just wanted to chime in, as I did over in the Monaco Section, that Charlene blew me away with the two AKRIS outfits that she wore to W&K's wedding! This is honestly the best dressed I've ever seen her, as well as Albert to match. :) And I have no doubt that her future sister-in-law, Princess Caroline of Hanover, has been a huge help to her these past five years. Caroline has been a fan of AKRIS since at least 2004. And she herself has been a fashion icon for well over three decades now! Whom better to assist Charlene. :)

Anyhow, back on track, the swan dress Charlene wore the night before W&K's wedding reminded me of the one that Caroline wore to the Danish Royal Wedding in 2004 (same color, elegance):

yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/gy91e4j

http://www.operagloves.com/Royals/Pr...-50833706.jpeg

Also, it reminded me of one of my all-time favorite figure skaters, ever, the incomparable Oksana Baiul, known universally as "The Swan":

Old 05-03-2011, 06:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
personally i would like the fat people to be in fashion, seats on buses,cars to be larger and stores to offer only sizes 12 and up
Ha! I'm all for that semisquare. Wouldn't it be nice if all people were accepted as they are no matter what size.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Her gown for the formal dinner was breathtaking. The designer did well with keeping the upper part simple so it doesn't clash with the "busy" skirt part.

The grey outfit for the wedding was nice as well. The wide neckline gives it an elegant flair for an otherwise simple coat dress. I also like the hat with it.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

On a petite or voluptuous woman, that flamboyant silver evening gown CW wore would have been a disaster.

Only a very tall, slim person like Charlene could sucessfully pull that one off, imo.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene has not put a fashion foot wrong IMO, in these months since her engagement. She looked just lovely at the wedding in London IMO. The grey was a just so perfect and the pre-wedding gown dreamy.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Administrator

The Hello magazine edition that covers William and Catherine's wedding has two great pics of Charlene's outfits. I must admit that the pre wedding event dress didn't impress me until I saw a full spread picture of it. Very nice...only a tall and confident woman could have pulled that off.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Charlène is always impeccably dressed.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
The Hello magazine edition that covers William and Catherine's wedding has two great pics of Charlene's outfits. I must admit that the pre wedding event dress didn't impress me until I saw a full spread picture of it. Very nice...only a tall and confident woman could have pulled that off.
I agree, once you see the whole look she did wear it well, she was very confident, she has the height & the body to wear such designs. Do you know who designed the dress?

The wedding outfit I found very boring cut & color wise also very shapeless.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Both of CW's outfits for the British Royal wedding were designed for her by the Swiss based fashion house Akris...supposedly Charlene was introduced to Akris by her future sister-in-law Princess Caroline.

They have opened a boutique in Monaco recently.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Royal Highness

I sincerely hope that CW does not do a turnabout and and change Armani for another designer in her bridal selection.Armani brought her to today... he knows her figure and what makes her look sensational. Cw was always savvy in the dress department.Her ability to wear Akris is lovely but Armani should be the one for the bridal gown even if Lagerfeld wishes now to praise Charlene.Armani took her on as a client before she had the ring.
I hope the rumour mill is not true about CW changing horses in mid stream - does not sound like her anyway.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Courtier

I would think it would be too late to change designers the wedding is two months a way the dress should be well under way now.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
I sincerely hope that CW does not do a turnabout and and change Armani for another designer in her bridal selection.Armani brought her to today... he knows her figure and what makes her look sensational. Cw was always savvy in the dress department.Her ability to wear Akris is lovely but Armani should be the one for the bridal gown even if Lagerfeld wishes now to praise Charlene.Armani took her on as a client before she had the ring.
I hope the rumour mill is not true about CW changing horses in mid stream - does not sound like her anyway.
One could create the wedding gown & the another designer could create the civil wedding outfit
Old 05-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

If I was a woman of means in the public eye, I would really be unhappy if I was stuck with only one designer and confined to use that fashion house exclusively...no matter how wonderfully the said fashion house has dressed me in the past.

I think CW is just discovering fashion, and how fun it can be when you are attractive and young-ish and have both the figure and the money to indulge yourself...I don't see why she can't branch out but keep Armani as her "go-to" designer, so to speak.

Anyway I agree with dazzling...I think Armani will create one of her outfits at least..and perhaps another designer will do the second one.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
Full view ** Close up **
yuk thats looks like something i would have worn back in the 80's-for heaven sake no shoulderpads...her shoulders are too broad, wear a pair of red shoes..a little color never hurts anyone esp when they are away from the face and stop wearing your hair in a ponytail-thats for kids
i think she should go with 1930's dresses and suite styles...but no v-necklines back for her long face, no short skirts, try some wedge heels and and not high heels in pics she looks weird in heels i dont know why but to me it looks rather weird...so what do u all think of that because that girl needs help

nawww shes in the spotlight now-and im sure she can get help if she wanted to.

yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/gy91e4j
nice dress but get rid of the shawl....its to much and add some color...steel gray is to plain,,,what about that dress in a soft pink, lavender or sage green? soft pastels would match her skin very well but no grays, oranges,nothing black imo
She doesn't need any help whatsoever.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I agree, once you see the whole look she did wear it well, she was very confident, she has the height & the body to wear such designs. Do you know who designed the dress?

The wedding outfit I found very boring cut & color wise also very shapeless.
According to Hello...the evening dress was by Albert Kriemier, and the wedding day coat and clutch were made by Swiss designer Akris.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

But I thought that I read that Albert Kreimer was the Swiss designer who was the head designer at Akris?

In other words, Kreimer IS Akris, no? I am certain that is what it said at the fashion house's website.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
But I thought that I read that Albert Kreimer was the Swiss designer who was the head designer at Akris?

In other words, Kreimer IS Akris, no? I am certain that is what it said at the fashion house's website.
That I don't know.....I am not that into fashion. What I reported is what the Hello captions read...they could be right or wrong. I am sure someone else can confirm.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

Yes, designer of Arkis
Old 05-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Charlene today, May 14, attending the inauguration of a garden in Menton, France.

I think we can already say "typical light Charlene colours" white jacket with a light
blue dress - I like it, only the earrings are not of my taste in that combination.

** Full view ** Upper part **