Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 3: April 2011 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlene Wittstock today, April 23, during a visit to the exotic garden of Monaco.

A nice dress and coat combination. I think it wouldn't have looked that good
without the coat, too many big polka dots for a woman like Charlene, but the
coat works as a good counterbalance.

** Full view ** Close up **
Yes, the outfit looks nicer with the coat to tone down all of the polka dots on the dress. Agree with everyone else that the shoes aren't a good match.

Hello, I am new here. But I have to say Charlene for me was the best dressed and classiest at the wedding. Just Stunning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give the girl a break - she is still relatively new to the game - I'm sure she will set her new trend in due course.

And who says she has to set any trend ?? Her main task will be to learn to become a princess.

She may not set trends but at least Charlene has style. I can't say the same for Kate.

Grace chic, Karl Lagerfeld agrees with you !!

For me, the dress/coat was average, and - dare I say - boring....

Kate's choice of wedding dress will make her a classic style icon for generations to come.
Let's hope CW will have good advisors, now and in the future....

CrownPrincess5 said:
She may not set trends but at least Charlene has style. I can't say the same for Kate.

Totally agree :)

Renata4711 said:
Kate's choice of wedding dress will make her a classic style icon for generations to come.
Let's hope CW will have good advisors, now and in the future....

Kate for me will always be a copycat, no style icon there.

I think that among the guests Charlène was the best dressed and nice looking !!

I agree that Charlene looked wonderful at the Royal Wedding on Friday, however, I think the sweeping comparisons with Kate that one has style and the other hasn't is ridiculous. Glance back through this very thread and there are quite a few examples where Charlene has been critcised for rather bland outfit. I think it will be interesting to watch how both women develop their styles over the coming years - Charlene is learning fast and has certainly honed her style. Sh ecertainly should make a stunning bride just as Kate did.

Last edited:
Full view ** Close up **
yuk thats looks like something i would have worn back in the 80's-for heaven sake no shoulderpads...her shoulders are too broad, wear a pair of red shoes..a little color never hurts anyone esp when they are away from the face and stop wearing your hair in a ponytail-thats for kids
i think she should go with 1930's dresses and suite styles...but no v-necklines back for her long face, no short skirts, try some wedge heels and and not high heels in pics she looks weird in heels i dont know why but to me it looks rather weird...so what do u all think of that because that girl needs help

Give the girl a break
nawww shes in the spotlight now-and im sure she can get help if she wanted to.

yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/gy91e4j
nice dress but get rid of the shawl....its to much and add some color...steel gray is to plain,,,what about that dress in a soft pink, lavender or sage green? soft pastels would match her skin very well but no grays, oranges,nothing black imo

yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h8wk20j
shoes should have been a bone color or the same color as her purse....taupe and gray is awlful combo..but whatever

charlene is still not a trend setter...dutchess kate is,princess letiza of spain seems to be but charlene had to play it safe because she just dosent have it to be dareing

"Daring" is not necessarily always good. The late Jacqueline Kennedy was anything BUT daring and so was Audrey Hepburn...classic, timeless elegance never goes out of style!

I don't blame CW or the new Duchess of Cambridge for not being interested in "setting trends". Both young women have a certain natural elegance and seem to instinctively know what works for them.

Leave the trend setting to the film and pop stars. :ermm:

I don't Kate is a trend setter she seems to be dressing for her position there is nothing trendy about it. Letezia just seems to follow trends and seems to like dessing like everyone else. Charlene seems to be dressing for her position as well. I actually prefer elegant to trendy.

Timelessness is the sign of good fashion, not trendiness. eg. PC wore Grace Kelly's high school prom dress at her first Red Cross Ball and the media went crazy. In turn Charlotte wore a dress to Charlotte Delal"s wedding that PC had worn 30 years before. She looked great. I think both Kate and Charlene are looking good. Kate wearing the reserved preppy look and Charlene the more continental look. Both are representative of their countries stlyes.

I am not always crazy about what Charlene wears bit she took my breath away on Friday.
Kate is lovely but for me she is very far away from a style icon. It's very early days and I don't see why we have to lable people in their first few years of public life. I have never been crazy about the clothes she wears, she plays it way too safe even for a princess, but that is not to say she will not make a good Duchess.
I am one of the few people disapointed by her wedding dress. There was so much hype, then when I heard it was going to be McQueen, I thought this was going to be a fashion moment. I couldn't help but be disapointed when I found it was a copy of P.G wedding dress. The dress was beautifuly made but I don't see the point of haveing the house of McQueen when you are getting a dress we have seen a hundred times before. I know she couldn't get anything too high fashion but it is possible to do something knew and keep it classic.

I am not always crazy about what Charlene wears bit she took my breath away on Friday.
Kate is lovely but for me she is very far away from a style icon. It's very early days and I don't see why we have to lable people in their first few years of public life. I have never been crazy about the clothes she wears, she plays it way too safe even for a princess, but that is not to say she will not make a good Duchess.
I am one of the few people disapointed by her wedding dress. There was so much hype, then when I heard it was going to be McQueen, I thought this was going to be a fashion moment. I couldn't help but be disapointed when I found it was a copy of P.G wedding dress. The dress was beautifuly made but I don't see the point of haveing the house of McQueen when you are getting a dress we have seen a hundred times before. I know she couldn't get anything too high fashion but it is possible to do something knew and keep it classic.

I totally agree. The first time a woman in public life appears in a nice dress she is a "style icon".

The media did the same thing to poor Michelle Obama because she chose an unknown designer to create her Inaugural ball gown and caused a stir...now she is a STYLE ICON which is ridiculous, imo.

Catherine Middleton is a young woman with classic good taste, but she is NO style icon and I wish the media would not put that kind of pressure on her so early in the game.

Her late mother-in-law earned the title of Style Icon rightfully so...but only after some years in the spotlight and after earning a reputation for being consistently stylish and elegant...not because she wore a nice outfit once or twice! :bang:

As for Prince Albert, I think he and the Principality can rest well at night knowing that the future Princesse will never embarrass him with any fashion faux pas...even when she is not making a big splash she looks consistently elegant and well put together...as she should.

But she is not a "style icon" either...yet.

Last edited:
After viewing her pre wedding dinner dress I don't know how anyone can say Charlene's fashion isn't daring. That dress is something! Real glamorous and dramatic looking.
Kate's style is boring. She doesn't even have a style yet. I don't know why she's being called an icon. The press seems to hype her a lot.

Last edited:
you have a point moodmadien...but tell me this is it better in a financial way for charlene to be popular maybe like princess diana or kate. people will travel to see her and that does equal money...the whole british royal family is a big money maker-so if she can be an asset and imo i really think if charlene was a fashion icon that would bring n money-whats your thoughts

it may sound silly "style icon" but this whole world is build on how you look..its not right but it is what it is

personally i would like the fat people to be in fashion, seats on buses,cars to be larger and stores to offer only sizes 12 and up

I feel for both of these girls, having legends and style icons as mother in laws.
Sometimes I thing Charlene is working too hard on her style. Monaco is a very glamorous place and she is marrying into a very glamorous family, much more so then the Windsors. In an interview she admitted that she had little interest in fashion before moving to Monaco. I think she is finding her style and judging by some of the clothes she has worn over the past few months she making good progress.

you have a point moodmadien...but tell me this is it better in a financial way for charlene to be popular maybe like princess diana or kate. people will travel to see her and that does equal money...the whole british royal family is a big money maker-so if she can be an asset and imo i really think if charlene was a fashion icon that would bring n money-whats your thoughts

Oh absolutely...I agree with you! Charlene MUST be a draw for Monaco...they need it far more than the Brits at this point!

Whether she will be or not I am not sure...I think a lot is riding on this wedding being as successful as the British one.

I don't think it will get nearly as much publicity..but I think it will be a bit more glamourous. It's at night..and it IS the French Riviera after all!:flowers:

the two weddings will be different, the british wedding was very beautiful with all the pomp, the musics and the marvellous choir of Westminster.at the monegash wedding,
We will see the royals, (I think the princess will wear the tiaras as the wedding of Princess Victoria), the place is very beautiful, it is the french riviera with the sun and the beautiful views on the sea from the place of the palace.
We will see Charlene making the procession from the carabinieris building untill the palace. It is a long way and she will need confortable shoes.

Well I'm late to the party (totally forgot about this section of the forum until now). :D

Just wanted to chime in, as I did over in the Monaco Section, that Charlene blew me away with the two AKRIS outfits that she wore to W&K's wedding! :cheers: This is honestly the best dressed I've ever seen her, as well as Albert to match. :) And I have no doubt that her future sister-in-law, Princess Caroline of Hanover, has been a huge help to her these past five years. Caroline has been a fan of AKRIS since at least 2004. And she herself has been a fashion icon for well over three decades now! :cool: Whom better to assist Charlene. :)

Anyhow, back on track, the swan dress Charlene wore the night before W&K's wedding reminded me of the one that Caroline wore to the Danish Royal Wedding in 2004 (same color, elegance):

http://www.operagloves.com/Royals/PrincessCaroline/princesscaroline-50833706.jpeg

Also, it reminded me of one of my all-time favorite figure skaters, ever, the incomparable Oksana Baiul, known universally as "The Swan":

YouTube - Oksana Baiul - Swan Lake

personally i would like the fat people to be in fashion, seats on buses,cars to be larger and stores to offer only sizes 12 and up

Ha! I'm all for that semisquare. Wouldn't it be nice if all people were accepted as they are no matter what size.

On a petite or voluptuous woman, that flamboyant silver evening gown CW wore would have been a disaster.

Only a very tall, slim person like Charlene could sucessfully pull that one off, imo. :whistling:

Charlene has not put a fashion foot wrong IMO, in these months since her engagement. She looked just lovely at the wedding in London IMO. The grey was a just so perfect and the pre-wedding gown dreamy.

The Hello magazine edition that covers William and Catherine's wedding has two great pics of Charlene's outfits. I must admit that the pre wedding event dress didn't impress me until I saw a full spread picture of it. Very nice...only a tall and confident woman could have pulled that off.

I think Charlène is always impeccably dressed.

The Hello magazine edition that covers William and Catherine's wedding has two great pics of Charlene's outfits. I must admit that the pre wedding event dress didn't impress me until I saw a full spread picture of it. Very nice...only a tall and confident woman could have pulled that off.

I agree, once you see the whole look she did wear it well, she was very confident, she has the height & the body to wear such designs. Do you know who designed the dress?

The wedding outfit I found very boring cut & color wise also very shapeless.

Both of CW's outfits for the British Royal wedding were designed for her by the Swiss based fashion house Akris...supposedly Charlene was introduced to Akris by her future sister-in-law Princess Caroline.

They have opened a boutique in Monaco recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom