Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2010 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style
Part 2
previous thread

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Dazzling, Paty, Iceflower & JessRulz

I love these cowl neck sweaters. I have a few myself.

Her outfit looks nice and warm. What were they giving an interview for? This is a first for them I believe.

They look very relaxed in this interview. I agree Charlene looks natural including a nice simple outfit.
It looks like Prince Albert is barefoot?

Morroco and Matisse

If I am not mistaken Matisse as inspired by Morocco was a Fauve www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fauvism and Charlene wore a pale green gown to this event?
Also this constant and systematic refusal to attend the ball with the theme in mind is beginning to irk me as i would guess by now that she is one of the senior members entering with the royal party.
Miss Wittsock's gown was nondescript. The theme of the ball opulence and the flavours of Orientalism and odalisques.Again Cw looked like she was going to a prom-save the orchid. jmo.

March 27, 2010 - Charlene at the rose ball in Armani Prive.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

I thought it was a pretty dress, nothing too fussy but it looked a touch too tight around the hips but still managed to pull it off nicely.

I think the dress is very pretty and suits her. She seems to like the one shouldered style.

I like the fact that it is a neutral colour as I think that if she had worn anything too bright and colourful she may have been accused of trying to take the limelight from the other royals in attendance.

I thought her and make up were lovely. I liked the top of the dress and the colour is pretty but the bottom IMO doesn't suit her...either not long enough or maybe I think she would look better with a slightly fuller skirt. Just my opinion of course.

It's a lovely dress and fits her well. Similar fabric to Charlotte's.

More and more I am admiring Charléne.

I think she looks nice too. I like the embelishments on the dress.

She was very pretty. But I'm not sure if the dress is appropiate for the occasion. I think she showed too much skin.

She was very pretty. But I'm not sure if the dress is appropiate for the occasion. I think she showed too much skin.
CW was not pretty in the Vivien Leigh sense as her features are too equine and handsome ; however her make- up may have assisted to create that optical illusion.Having known a couple of individuals who.knew Matisse I know he would have diasappproved of CW's dress only because she looked like the top of a chocolate box painting[too delicate] and that is not what the theme of the Ball was.Mayve Cw's concept of an odalisque was showing that much skin... but then there was hardly any jewellery to counterbalance the concept

It reminded me of the dress Princess Marie wore on new year

Brooke Astor once said I would never be caught dead in one thing and that is a dress of any sort with a slit up the side. I disapprove of the gown as it is too threadbare to make the lady wearing it credible as the lady accompanying a Head Of State.

Unfortunately, the dress size here is not quite the correct one for Miss Wittstock. The gown is far too tight and too short, giving the impression of her being wrapped tightly in a satin sheet.
The exaggerated form-giving foundation garment she once again chose to wear up front does not help matters - it looks completely unnatural.
In some pics, her appearance is a bit of a joke:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=44170&zoektype=2&search=27-03-2010 Monaco

After searching on the web, I think the dress is from the Armani Prive Spring 2007 Couture Collection. I assume the dress has been altered for Charlene as the version on the runway looked more floaty but had similar embellishments. I preferred the rumway version personally and think it would have suited Charlene better.

I looked on Style.com: the online home of Vogue; Fashion, Fashion Shows, Shopping & More.

After searching on the web, I think the dress is from the Armani Prive Spring 2007 Couture Collection. I assume the dress has been altered for Charlene as the version on the runway looked more floaty but had similar embellishments. I preferred the rumway version personally and think it would have suited Charlene better.

I looked on Style.com: the online home of Vogue; Fashion, Fashion Shows, Shopping & More.
The Dress from the Armani 2007 collection is in organza whereas this one is in satin.

I'm not finding her dress on this website. :confused:

Yes, that looks like it. Thanks.

Yes, that looks like it. Thanks.
It appears like it but it is not in my estimation the actual dress but a copy because it is in satin as sported by CW without the back panel flying behind and what is shown here is organza.

Oh I know it's not the actual dress and just a similar copy. I like this dress. The only thing I would've preferred is that the side slit not be so high up.

Unfortunately, the dress size here is not quite the correct one for Miss Wittstock. The gown is far too tight and too short, giving the impression of her being wrapped tightly in a satin sheet. The exaggerated form-giving foundation garment she once again chose to wear up front does not help matters - it looks completely unnatural.In some pics, her appearance is a bit of a joke:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Monaco

Yes, Miss Wittstock's hair wore slicked down, her gown style and its fabric and her foundation emphasis her muscular arms and upper torso out of proportion. Then, the gowns tightness in the hip area and the slit made her look more unflattering . This upper figure problem needs to be less emphasis at future events, but the color of the gown and her accessories did help somewhat.:);):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom