Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2010 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the church outfit minus the gloves (or half gloves).

The evening outfit was very nice and it enhanced her bust which had been pretty non-existent until now.

Neutral colors look good on her.

Love the morning outfit while the evening outfit was just okay. The evening strapless is similar to her usual style but the fluffy chiffon makes her look wider. She has a swimmers body with a broad upper body; must not over emphasize.

I loved her church outfit minus the gloves. I loved the hat it was so beautiful, and elegant!! I hope she wears a lot of big hats since her future Sister in laws don't. Her gown is nice but It would of been nicer in one color though.

Love the morning outfit while the evening outfit was just okay. The evening strapless is similar to her usual style but the fluffy chiffon makes her look wider. She has a swimmers body with a broad upper body; must not over emphasize.

I agree with what yous ay about the evening gown 100%. However although I really like the outfit I find the hat a bit too much and drawing attention towards her

I loooooved Charlenes outfit on the balcony. IMO she will of course never be a beautiful woman like Grace or Caroline but she looked extremely styled and elegant and hopefully she will appear this way once she becomes Princess of Monaco. I think with this outfit she exactly knew what people expect her to look like.

I really like the outfit, very elegant and regal. Every inch the new Princess of Monaco.
She looks good with the giant hat, only few people can pull that of (Maxima of the Netherlands can do it too)

The suit washed her out though it was a nice cut & fit. The hat was maybe a bit too much compared to that none of the princesses were in hats. The evening dress was really pretty, I liked the different shades but I don't know if she pulled it off well enough.

Both outfits were from Armani Prive F/W 2010 collection

Well nobody bothered to coordinate...Charlene is all dressed up hat and gloves and all, yet nobody else bothered? mmmm...

I like the suit but that hat is a bit much IMO, especially since none of the other royals are covering their heads with hats, etc.

Thank you Duke of Marmalade for the pics. I think Charlene looks terrific, but is that Princess Stephanie standing next to Prince Albert, she really needed a hat!!!

lol She needs more than a hat. She might try fixing her hair. She looks like she got straight out of the ocean and put her hair in a ponytail. :whistling:

In that suit she looked every inch a princess.

I do not like at all the evening gown. It really unsuitable for Charlene. She is heavily built because of the competiotion, and she has this voluminous breast. Starples gowns are the worst for her, they make her loo enormeous and not classy at all. And all this breast out.....! Could be good for red carpet but not for a future princess.

Love the evening gown, suits her wonderfully.

Also love the outfit, and it suits Charlene well.
Don't see why we have to attribute this kind of outfit to Grace. If clothes that suit Grace suited Charlene, it isn't her fault.

I do not like at all the evening gown. It really unsuitable for Charlene. She is heavily built because of the competiotion, and she has this voluminous breast. Starples gowns are the worst for her, they make her loo enormeous and not classy at all. And all this breast out.....! Could be good for red carpet but not for a future princess.

Agree 100%!

I think the main reason why most top female "celebrities" had a boob job is that only with standardized breasts they are able to wear the usual "celebrity" designer gown, a high percentage of "in-style" dresses simply cant be worn or look embarrassing with either too small or saggy boobs. Sad but true.

Since Monaco is rather "celebrity" than "royal", with lots of events to wear exactly such expensive and quite revealing designer gowns, thats exactly what Charlene did.

Unfortunately, she cant pull off strapless due to her huge shoulders that are part of her body structure and in addition got out of proportion due to swimming. Plastic surgery may be able to correct but if the result doesnt fit into the inherited body statue it will look odd.

I wish somebody would have told Charlene that by now. On the other hand, many women look odd in Monaco.

UGH, this suit gives me a headache just looking at it, and the hat, DOUBLE UGH.
What is it with this woman that she rarely smiles?

UGH, this suit gives me a headache just looking at it, and the hat, DOUBLE UGH.
What is it with this woman that she rarely smiles?

She can't do it like Grace Kelly so she decided to give up...:ROFLMAO: I think that was an Armani suit the other day, wasn't it? ;) I agree, it looked rather busy and that satellite hat... Glad she didn't take off right there from that balcony! :eek: :p

:previous: Yes, it was Armani. I usually like those kind of 'different' hat shapes, but that hat is WAY too big. The rest of the outfit is quite retro, I think it will take time until she finds her own style, if this will ever happen...

The evening dress was really pretty, I liked the different shades but I don't know if she pulled it off well enough.

My thoughts exactly. Furthermore I'm not sure if this kind of dress flatters her broad shoulders.

:previous: Yes, it was Armani. I usually like those kind of 'different' hat shapes, but that hat is WAY too big. The rest of the outfit is quite retro, I think it will take time until she finds her own style, if this will ever happen...
How is the outfit retro? And how is the hat not acceptable? Not many wear them nowadays as they wear those other ridiculous hats with a deep crown that look like they are from the silent movies.. CW's hat was beautiful It was a cartwheel hat just as Vivien Leigh wore them and Grace did. The evening gown and I have to agree with fandesaacs was a unsuitable for a future princess.It was too colourful, bare and a bit flashy.How does one flatter broad shoulders?
On a woman they are sometimes androgynous looking.
The suit and hat was the best appearance CW has made so far ever.

Last edited:
The beige suit with hat is very classy looking and well tailored.

Charlene is very pretty and letting her hair grow is a good idea for her wedding day.

There is something in these pictures what I like, she looks good, the coat is too big, but Charlene is radiant and relaxed :)

Agree 100%!

I think the main reason why most top female "celebrities" had a boob job is that only with standardized breasts they are able to wear the usual "celebrity" designer gown, a high percentage of "in-style" dresses simply cant be worn or look embarrassing with either too small or saggy boobs. Sad but true.

Since Monaco is rather "celebrity" than "royal", with lots of events to wear exactly such expensive and quite revealing designer gowns, thats exactly what Charlene did.

Have you ever thought of the possibility that Charlenes body changed after she stopped to swim for competitions and she didn't have to train that much?
Not every change in a female body is due to surgery :whistling:

I am delighted she let her hair grow.... and this coat is truly marvellous !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom