Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2010 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find black rather severe looking on Charlene.It is not upon closer scrutiny a colour that suits her well and easily. And her knees look bony and unseemly jutting out like promontories. However that weight loss will look good in the wedding photos.She looks washed out in black.The accessories are pumps which are a first for Charlene and a one strand pearl necklace.Cw should stay away from this colour- she is very fair for it and this overpowers her beauty.Otherwise great poise and comportment are all excellent in all regard and manner.
First time ever That I have seen CW in long sleeves and this is rather becoming.

Charlene in Japan. October 28, 2010

Full lenght view

I love this one, it's perfect! :wub: Severe, yes. But still elegant and safe. Funny or not, I think that imitating Grace's style can save her. I just don't think this girl has naturally elegant style, that's why I'm saying this.;) JMO

19/11 National Day

A beige suit with a ... hat

front view
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/10...C193838C8F2E01CB48D333B014A368034F315A4EB3617
sideview
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/10...C27D34412C5391CB48D333B014A36286BE6C4E6019854
backview
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Monaco+National+Day+2010+Celebration+Mass+BU9387L_BrYl.jpg

I am not impressed, think Charlene is trying too hard, the suit is very "grace style", the colour washes her out and the UFO on her head is something I would expect to see on Sophie Wessex or the York girls.

She always tries too hard, the outfit is nice, but the hat is a big fail, it looks like a UFO.

I am not a big fan of that outfit.

Do we know the designer? It looks like Chanel.

The hat looks like something Queen Sonja would wear. ;)
In general I think hats suit her.

The beige suit is good but I don't really like the hat...too big

The suit is very nice, she looks really elegant. The hat - toooo big. I will prefer something smaller and delicate. Not bad but not so good.

I actually love the hat! I know I know...it definitely is too big. I like the suit too but I agree its too matronly on Charlene. Better suited for Sophie or Camilla.

I think its more suited to Royal Ascot than Monaco Day when you are supposed to be sharing the balcony (which is quite small) with other people.

Is it strange that I just absolutely LOVE THIS! Nice one Charlene, not my usual taste but she makes me love it.

You are not the only one...Princejohnny!

Are you in Antarctica?! I would love to go there!

It had to be an Armani. She uses Armani a lot. I'm almost sure her wedding dress will be by that designer.

She is wonderfully dressed today but let's face it she so far in my opinion has not committed any fashion crimes !

Monaco National Day 2010- detail shoes, bag & purse
Pic

I don't like the hat but I don't hate it. Or maybe the hat is just so large - something I'd expect from Maxima or members of the BRF :lol: But I love the outfit. Charlene looks really good. She looks very relaxed for her first balcony appearance.

Well, the gala outfit looks better on the model, because of Charlene's shoulders, but she did look very nice and elegant. The hair is lovely.

I really liked the suit she wore at the church - she looked very elegant.
I was not as keen on the evening dress because of the way it made her shoulders look quite big - nice colours though.

But overall two good outfits for the occasion.

The Suit by Armani Prive combined with the tilted cartwheel hat and the evening gown do remind me a bit of an inverted and minimalist Evita Peron.The last person to wear such hats was Princess Grace.
The suit 's skirt is three inches too short to be perfect as the jacket is short and makes Charlene taller..The blouse should have been an ascot one.The stockings coud have been a shade darker to come closer to the hat and shoes and tie in..And of course I did not see conspicuous gloves which would have added on to a lovely outfit.
For the evening gown- I did not like the flashiness of it.and something there was off with the make up-but strides in all the correct directions.
It was the second time I have seen Charlene in pumps and loved it.
Those proportions and dimensions have to be hammered down by the Armani team- and Charlene- with time CW will learn.But this time she stole the show.
Overall spectacular excellence!.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom