The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Gentry

The engagement dress is from Akris - at least she made the neckline a little more modest for the official pictures!

Runway Version

Old 06-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like the engagement dress the colour suited her to perfection IMO. Actually I quite like Charlene think she may bring a little very needed quiet charm that seem to be lacking there good luck to her she will need it with him IMHO. But I like her fashion style and that ring OMG gorg.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The dress is lovely but I think it wouldve looked nice if th ebelt went over the ruffle hanging down teh front.
Her hair has been styles nicer on many other events.
Overall she looked quite good.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Charlene in the official picture for her engagement

Full length view
I saw it last night and couldn't believe my eyes. Ok, she looks beautiful, the colour of the dress is great, BUT why choosing a tacky halter dress for your engagement?! Especially when you're Charlene Wittstock and you've got so many options?? I never liked halter tops/dresses and actually think they look so cheap that my eyes hurt! Isn't she the next Grace Kelly after all? Honestly, I'll be very happy for her if she starts improving and upgrading her style. Let's just say she had a bad start. I won't add anything else.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Serene Highness

She is not the next Grace Kelly she is Charlene.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I know she's Charlene and every person is unique etc. but let's face it: the comparison is inevitable and if she keeps up like this, fashionwise I mean, the press is going to give her a hard time. This is how I meant it.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Nobility

The engagement dress was stunning.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy

I'm sorry but when I look at the official engagement picture I can only see a ridiculous copy of Grace Kelly. Same hairstyle, a dress similar to what she would have worn in the 1970s probably and a similar facial expression. Is that what they call Oedipus complex?

I hope that she will find her own style soon!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if they tried to give Charlene a Grace Kelly look here (deliberately, I mean ) - all I know is that they failed...
Old 06-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

She chooses a dress she liked and Of course Grace would have worn it. What ever she wears someone will try to say she is copying grace.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Royal Highness

I think Ms Wittstock has her own casual, sophisticated look. Princess Grace was formal, sophisticated look. The only thing that I see Charlene doing to mimic Grace is her hair styles. But maybe that is because she has thin hair like Princess Grace.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
I'm sorry but when I look at the official engagement picture I can only see a ridiculous copy of Grace Kelly. Same hairstyle, a dress similar to what she would have worn in the 1970s probably and a similar facial expression. Is that what they call Oedipus complex?

I hope that she will find her own style soon!!!
Do not agree! Is one of Charlene's best dresses! As regards the image of Grace, is the journalists who desperately try to compare CW with Princess Grace. CW has NOTHING from Princess Grave, only the blond colour! But she can not dye her hair in black because of this ridicule comparison.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Charlene at a party with the family dressed in black and a funky hairstyle
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
The problem is the hair and the necklace that doesn't work with her rocker chick image. The rest I quite like it.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Gentry

I agree but I would add better undergarments please!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I did like the outfit at first but something putting me off, it might be the necklace.
I think she is wearing a white bra under a black top.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know if it's her hairstyle or belt, but this outfit really makes her look masculine. With a quick glance she almost looks like a man. I'm not sure what's turning me off about this outfit.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the black outfitt! It fitts perfectly for that occasion.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Asprey World Class Cup - Pictures - Zimbio

Asprey outfit.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress, the whole outfit, is terrible. What was she thinking?
Old 07-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well I love the outfit, she looks wonderful in it.