Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2010 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the outfit retro? And how is the hat not acceptable? Not many wear them nowadays as they wear those other ridiculous hats with a deep crown that look like they are from the silent movies.. CW's hat was beautiful It was a cartwheel hat just as Vivien Leigh wore them and Grace did. The evening gown and I have to agree with fandesaacs was a unsuitable for a future princess.It was too colourful, bare and a bit flashy.How does one flatter broad shoulders?
On a woman they are sometimes androgynous looking.
The suit and hat was the best appearance CW has made so far ever.

I personally found that the outfit had a retro touch and on other fashion boards they compared her to Evita, so? I've never said that her hat isn't acceptable, just too big for my taste. One can "cover" broad shoulders a bit and they will probably look less broad, but that's not an easy thing I'd say. All I meant is that this dress pointed her shoulders out and it was not flattering. Just my humble opinion...

Last edited by a moderator:
She does look stunning with the bob cut. I'm hope she cuts it after the wedding. Unless she pulls the longer hair back, it tends to look a bit blah and messy.

She definitely looks great with short hair, but I agree with other members that she should let it grow for her wedding.

28 Nov 2010, Charlene's outfits in Tatler's december issue

Pic 1
** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

She looks divine! :ohmy: I can see Grace looking at her...
She looks very glamorous in these photos.

She definitely looks great with short hair, but I agree with other members that she should let it grow for her wedding.

28 Nov 2010, Charlene's outfits in Tatler's december issue

Pic 1
** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

She looks divine! :ohmy: I can see Grace looking at her...

Nice pictures, lots of photoshop though.

Just ot of curiosity: does she ever smile? Almost every picture I saw she looks unhappy or bored or sad... What's wrong?

^ She kind of cracked a smile on the cover. :lol:

I think she looked great. Less photoshop would have been nice. The jewels were breathtaking. Looking forward to her wedding day.

The Tatler photos are lovely photoshop true but really nice and may buy the issue it's not one of my fab mags but she is trying and the gowns are gorg.

8 Dec 2010, a Christmas Tree auction, Hotel de Paris, Monaco
General view *** Close-up

Again Charlene wears a black dress, which seems a routine in her case. She really should try taking to a different, much lively color IMO...

9 Dec 2010, Charlene in Vanity Fair
Outfit 1 *** Part of outfit 2 *** Outfit 3

8 Dec 2010, a Christmas Tree auction, Hotel de Paris, Monaco
General view *** Close-up

Again Charlene wears a black dress, which seems a routine in her case. She really should try taking to a different, much lively color IMO...

9 Dec 2010, Charlene in Vanity Fair
Outfit 1 *** Part of outfit 2 *** Outfit 3

December 8 - hey, she smiled ;). Seriously though, you're right, too much black on her. She's so young, and light colours would look way better.

December 9 - I like the third outfit.

Both dates given are not quite correct, the Christmas Tree auction was held
on December 7 and the shots dated December 9 were taken in summer this
year :)

I finally saw Tatler and read the article inside while scrutinizing the pics of Charlene. In this fashion spread Charlene is attired solely in white another difficult colour for her.[Very few have neen able to wear white andget away with it - one was Callas another was Grace.] Everything seems to be by Ralph Lauren - In the pic where she is wearing white trousers and and a white sweater and all the other pics I find that these clothes and the white colour does not become her. Just as back is proving problematic white is not her best colour.
Chalene is still young and should embrace colors as she is a colourful lady with various dimensions.And she need not go to the lengths of reinventing herself now.

Jaya said:
I finally saw Tatler and read the article inside while scrutinizing the pics of Charlene. In this fashion spread Charlene is attired solely in white another difficult colour for her.[Very few have neen able to wear white andget away with it - one was Callas another was Grace.] Everything seems to be by Ralph Lauren - In the pic where she is wearing white trousers and and a white sweater and all the other pics I find that these clothes and the white colour does not become her. Just as back is proving problematic white is not her best colour.
Chalene is still young and should embrace colors as she is a colourful lady with various dimensions.And she need not go to the lengths of reinventing herself now.

Not saying this is the case with CW but I knew someone who only wore beige, black and white or a varation of those colors because she felt they made her look 'classy' and that others thought her classy and chic in those colors only, maybe CW just thinks that is what expected of her or how she should come off- or maybe she just a boring dresser :) but I agree she should embrace a bit of color

Both dates given are not quite correct, the Christmas Tree auction was held
on December 7 and the shots dated December 9 were taken in summer this
year :)
Sorry for the misleading dates and thanks for correcting me, iceflower. :flowers:
Unfortunately man is never incapable of making an error...:)

December 8 - hey, she smiled ;). Seriously though, you're right, too much black on her. She's so young, and light colours would look way better.

December 9 - I like the third outfit.

I agree with Cindy. Though I find the black coat/dress very elegant and it also looked good on Charlene, which is very important (because she's got a rather odd figure, IMO). ;)

Love picture #3 on the Vanity Fair shoot! She looks very pretty!

15 Dec 2010, during the "Abre de Noel" for Monaco children

General view * Back view * Side view * Close -up

Charlene looks very nice in this white coat (I'm glad she refrained from putting on exclusively black stuff!), the hairdo is quite nice but boring. It's a pity there's no full-length view photo...

Last edited:
Lovely to see her at such a joyful event... nothing is better than seeing children smile

Charlene looks gr8 in the white coat with black outfit undererneath. Makeup is subtle and looks good.

15 Dec 2010, during the "Abre de Noel" for Monaco children

General view * Back view * Side view * Close -up

Charlene looks very nice in this white coat (I'm glad she refrained from putting on exclusively black stuff!), the hairdo is quite nice but boring. It's a pity there's no full-length view photo...

Pretty coat, looks cozy, warm and elegant at the same time. Good idea for Charlene.

That's a very nice coat, IMO. And the black and white combo looks good on her.

Tres Fabola! Coulda done without the boots and odd brooch, but the hair, jewels, etc are stunning.

It looks like her hair grew out a bit and I love it...the makeup was okay. I didn't really care for the eyeshadow.

Can't say that I'm a fan of this outfit, sorry. I agree with CrownPrincess5 when it comes to the make up and the earrings look like costume jewelry. She can do better, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom