Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 1: May 2007 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice choice for a summer gala.I also liked the hairdo a lot.

Charlene Wittstock at the Hercules athletics meeting at Louis II stadium in Monaco yesterday evening.
Daylife
Daylife
This top is nice, the colour is lovely, I love it. But I´m not sure it suits Charlene because she has quite a big shoulders.

Charlene Wittstock at the Hercules athletics meeting at Louis II stadium in Monaco yesterday evening.
Daylife
Daylife
This top is nice, the colour is lovely, I love it. But I´m not sure it suits Charlene because she has quite a big shoulders.

Quite a pretty outfit which is very casuall. Charlenes make up and tan is lovely.

Her make up is lovely. Natural make up and the colour blue, suits her perfectly.

It's a lovely top.That midnight blue & white combination is great.

July 31, 2009 - Charlene attending the Monaco Red Cross Ball in a lovely red dress with cheap finishing on the top part of the dress. The finishing is in total wrong place. Hair is boring since its always in the same style. Pitty she is not in any nice jewellery.

Full View ** Close Up

The dress is too simple for my taste and she has not earrings.I dislike the make up too:nonono:

Well,I'm a little bit shocked here and it's not because of the gown's cut.Look at the top part again,we can see "everything",can't we?It makes me wonder:did she notice that and if yes,what was she thinking?It could be one her most elegant appearances,if the top part wasn't almost...transparent,imo.

I believe she looks stunning. Tall with a lovely womanly figure...she is wearing the dress not vice versa. Her make-up looks the same and the hair is okay. All in all Charlene looks divine.

Stephanie on the other hand looks as if she took her bedspread and wiped together that gown. :ohmy:

The top is not transparent at all - actually, it's more like an armor. There's a lot of support going on underneath in the stiff bust part and it's shaped in, erhhh... anatomically correct detail.
Anyway the top ruins the whole dress and renders it quite vulgar.
The fact that there are no accessories to distract from the two main points of attention doesn't help matters, and neither does the harsh make up.

I saw your comment,Boris,at the Red Cross Ball thread,and I totally agree.I noticed the "armor-looking" top part of the gown immediately and I still wonder how she chose it.We'll never know I guess.But I really liked Charlene's hairdo & make-up.

Beauty and style

The top is not transparent at all - actually, it's more like an armor. There's a lot of support going on underneath in the stiff bust part and it's shaped in, erhhh... anatomically correct detail.
Anyway the top ruins the whole dress and renders it quite vulgar.
The fact that there are no accessories to distract from the two main points of attention doesn't help matters, and neither does the harsh make up.
I also agree on this dress Boris but what I do not understand is how the one shoulder gown has become a norm with Miss Wittsock. She is not truly a "philhellene". However let us say some good things too about all. The dramatic sulfuric colour "red" is like the inside of the theater curtains in Monaco and not flat Duchesse satin but actually what we once used for linings in our suits but then again alluding to that there are no accessories. The make- up harkens to "Valley of the Dolls" as it is too heavy; without the counterbalancing of the proper lipstick.
I think Miss Wittstock this beauty should dye her hair red alas!as the blonde washes her out and makes her look one dimensional.I also think that any lady who can carry red with such aplomb can wear tasteful Indian jewellery easily bringing her beautiful features into more focus.
I also think Cw should stop the red for just a while and try some other colours like lavender and textures like lace to soften her up; her eyebrows need definition and should be darker.
Otherwise she was clean and crisp at the Ball but a lady goes nowhere without her handbag.
Deo Juvante

I see what you mean by the er... two main points. Did she not look in the mirror and notice this? Oh well, the rest of the dress shows off her hour glass figure nicely. I do like how she's been styling her hair lately.
And I think Stephanie looks nice and "ladylike" for a change.

Charlene is a beautiful woman, but this dress is not good for her. The colour is lovely, but the top of the dress is so awful.
Daylife
And I don´t like her hair like this, it makes her look older.

Figures?

I see what you mean by the er... two main points. Did she not look in the mirror and notice this? Oh well, the rest of the dress shows off her hour glass figure nicely. I do like how she's been styling her hair lately.
And I think Stephanie looks nice and "ladylike" for a change.
Miss Wittstock does not I repeat not have an "hourglass" figure . Her figure is quite androgynous except for the chest area. An "hourglass figure includes shoulders and hips in proportion and a waist that is "twelve" inches smaller than both hips and chest.
Miss Wittstock has a figure that is beautiful without being an hourglass.Cw is able to wear innumerable fashions.

I like color of this dress but for me whole look is boring. Dress is not special, I don't like top part. It will be nice to se some more jewellery. Charlene is pretty woman, but this outfit doesn't show it.

PGA Awards 2009

Apparently Miss Wittsock was attired by Armani in what appears to be a flat lame gown with a dropped waist.
There is plunging neckline revelaing a superflous cleavage. Tha make- up was also washed out and colourless . Red lipstick which is big this season would have assisted
Again there are no sleeves in sight. No exceptional handbag or accessory.
The colour flattens her and washes her out her as it is gray.
Her hair is too severe in being pulled back that much.
I think Armani always looks good on her always with this exception.
So I do suggest going to Oscar de la Renta www.oscardelarenta.com as he is in New York and checking out his clothes.And I also suggest colouring the hair to a tinge of auburn or red.
I believe the colours of de la Renta and his approach to colour suit the spark that is in Cw's personality better and are more suitable for Miss Wittstock's evident but yet undefinitively refined beauty.

Apparently Miss Wittsock was attired by Armani in what appears to be a flat lame gown with a dropped waist.
There is plunging neckline revelaing a superflous cleavage. Tha make- up was also washed out and colourless . Red lipstick which is big this season would have assisted
So I do suggest going to Oscar de la Renta www.oscardelarenta.com as he is in New York and checking out his clothes.And I also suggest colouring the hair to a tinge of auburn or red.
I believe the colours of de la Renta and his approach to colour suit the spark that is in Cw's personality better and are more suitable for Miss Wittstock's evident but yet undefinitively refined beauty.

Talk about picking someone apart!!:ermm:

Charlene's pink long dress is very tender and beatuful.
The colour is noble by itself.
I love a lovely small clutch, it looks gorgeous!:flowers:

Wow, what a critique! Although, I will have to disagree with you on a few points. First, the dress is amazing on Ms. Wittstock, she has an outstanding body for this dress and the color is very nice. The hair pulled back is nice and she really doesn't need any accessories. Now onto the makeup and hair color. Her make up I will have to agree is a bit splotchy and could be more even, but I do not think she needs the "in" red lips which would make her look too dramatic and take away from her natural beauty. I also do not think that she needs an auburn or red tinge in her hair, which I also know is in right now since I myself am a redhead, but I would say that she needs to go the opposite direction and add some platinum highlights to her blonde hair to give her a more refreshed look.

IMHO, Jaya's 'critique' is on the mark in each and every detail.
The Armani dress with its exquisite beading is quite beautiful per se - and absolutely wrong for this wearer, as is the coloring and execution of her make up and hair.

Wow, what a critique! Although, I will have to disagree with you on a few points. First, the dress is amazing on Ms. Wittstock, she has an outstanding body for this dress and the color is very nice. The hair pulled back is nice and she really doesn't need any accessories. Now onto the makeup and hair color. Her make up I will have to agree is a bit splotchy and could be more even, but I do not think she needs the "in" red lips which would make her look too dramatic and take away from her natural beauty. I also do not think that she needs an auburn or red tinge in her hair, which I also know is in right now since I myself am a redhead, but I would say that she needs to go the opposite direction and add some platinum highlights to her blonde hair to give her a more refreshed look.
Explain to me what is outstanding about her body to be able to sport a gown of this nature? How is that colour that is drab and washed out"very nice?"Her hair is too severe as the rule says when the gown is straight the hair is extended or out.She needs a hairpiece or a braid or something to enhance the flatness of the head nad hair. A little bit more and Miss Wittsock in that Al Jolson make up fiasco will remind us of what vacation tans in Addis Ababa are like.
Needs to improve and stop making mistakes as she intelligent enough to do so.
If she does not need accessories why were they invented? Why her exemption from everything?

Talk about picking someone apart!!:ermm:
I am reproving her aesthetic sensibiliies at this appearance at this function and not picking her apart!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, lets try to let things get personal here!

Thanks,

marmi
RHoF Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom