Old 06-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
yes you are correct. It is clearer in the last picture on the top row

still not my taste at all.

Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories
Lilllia dearest,
This is the latest outfit worn by"Bollywood " Indian movie stars in that style.
It was a style originated by Zeenat Aman who was attempting to combine West and East in her movies.[check google everybody &wikipedia I know Zeenatji} in the seventies but she had the "va voom"[her clothes were designed by Xexes Bathena] and had to get the truck drivers into the cinema to watch her.for box office and she is as statuesque as Charlene.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy

If I had the attention, time and caring looks and all from my "love", my famous prince, I would just keep on doing and being what he likes. And I guess he likes her big shoulders, certainly a lot of things about her at this poing in time.

So she has the present and maybe the last laugh.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure Charlene would appreciate some members offering her fashion advice, but after observing some of the ghastly cheap choices linked in this topic, I can already hear the grumblings from all the influential fashionistas in the world. They would slam her, and that's something that she doesn't need as Albert's companion. So far, not one of the major fashion editors, stylists, or fashionista groupies have complained about her style, and since they haven't then obviously they think her choice of items are fine.

Now in the future if Charlene decides to hire a fantastic stylist, with a keen eye for body imperfections, and what would look best on her, she should befriend Tina Chai, Julia von Boehm, or Olivier Rizzo.

I purposely left out Rachel Zoe, she's a bad influence in more ways than one.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
I'm sure Charlene would appreciate some members offering her fashion advice, but after observing some of the ghastly cheap choices linked in this topic, I can already hear the grumblings from all the influential fashionistas in the world. They would slam her, and that's something that she doesn't need as Albert's companion. So far, not one of the major fashion editors, stylists, or fashionista groupies have complained about her style, and since they haven't then obviously they think her choice of items are fine.

Now in the future if Charlene decides to hire a fantastic stylist, with a keen eye for body imperfections, and what would look best on her, she should befriend Tina Chai, Julia von Boehm, or Olivier Rizzo.

the reason style editors, etc. are not taking notice is because she is a nobody right now, not worth their time or their space on their columns. most of them don't care much or take notice because she can't sell right now as opposed to if she were Princess Charlene of Monaco.

the links posted here, in my opinion, offer better alternatives than those she has worn thus far. it is the style not the label or price that makes the person a true fashion icon. just my opinion
Old 06-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually, I would disagree with you.

Since Albert is a high profile person, his sister is closely tied with the fashion world and her daughter is considered to be a young fashion influence, of course major fashion editors would notice Charlene's style, she's around high profile people.

Wasn't Karl Lagerfeld recently at the same event as Charlene? He has a big mouth and trust me, if he hated her style, he would say something. Yet, he hasn't. Hmm, guess Charlene is considered to be okay when it comes to her choice of fashion.

Believe me those in fashion love to talk about anyone and everyone. Whether you are the Queen of Whatever or the companion of the sovereign of Monaco, they don't care. If someone is wearing some awful black evening suit or halter number to a major event or some cheap $99 evening gown splashed/bedazzled with ugly tacky sequins, they would talk despite who you are or who you may become.

So far, Charlene is doing quite well, despite the fact your and other members disagree with her fashion choices.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Royal Highness

Reproving & slamming

Quote:

Firstly let me clarify reagrding my allusion to Zeenat Aman there is nothing"cheap" about the comparison of Miss Wittsock's outfit to that of Zeenat Aman's style sensibilities. What Zeenat wore was considered "bold" but has left an indelible mark as well on fashion history. Her sex appeal got people into the cinemas& not her outfits alone.Lovemarks: the future beyond brands [see Zeenat Aman}
Reproving and slamming are two different things. No one has complained because those individuals you mention[editors and so on] are usually paid hefty sums to offer advice or just give criticism.We do not know what they think and neither do we.have assurances that their silence is approval. I am confused by your argument; if all the editors have not ventured an opinion and you think the choices must then be fine because they have not spoken of them why mention a "stylist"?{for anything]
If you can hear the grumblings from"cheap" fashionista groupies you are not the one to say that reproving and "slamming"[colloquialism] are the identical thing&that that is not what Miss Wittsock needs[unless you are her spokesperson} as Pa's official companion.
This is a thread about fashion and not what you imagine the needs of Miss Wittsock.It is borderline perverse to watch this spectacle & ghastly to know the complacency with acceptance of mediocrity.This is the apotheosis because some have convictions as "fashion groupies"and some do not.
You know that outfit that appears like she was going on a pilgrimage to the Golden Temple[Sikh Shrine} but took the Haryana Pass was fantastic and out of this world.And I can just see her in a similar one doing charity work for Monaco and reciting:
O beau Monaco jardin fleuri,
plein de parfums.plein de soleil,
la nature est si belle chez toi
qui tu es l'etoile de La Riveira.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

They haven't complained because she isn't significant to the fashion world at this point. To them she is just another of Albert's long string of girlfriends. If and when she becomes something more- Look out! Then you will here from them. They are already onto Charlotte and Tatiana. I think the more important point is Why hasn't she gone to them for help? or perhaps she has and they aren't interested or she just can't be bothered because she already thinks she's the cats meow.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Agree to disagree

Quote:
Actually, I would disagree with you.

Since Albert is a high profile person, his sister is closely tied with the fashion world and her daughter is considered to be a young fashion influence, of course major fashion editors would notice Charlene's style, she's around high profile people.

Wasn't Karl Lagerfeld recently at the same event as Charlene? He has a big mouth and trust me, if he hated her style, he would say something. Yet, he hasn't. Hmm, guess Charlene is considered to be okay when it comes to her choice of fashion.

Believe me those in fashion love to talk about anyone and everyone. Whether you are the Queen of Whatever or the companion of the sovereign of Monaco, they don't care. If someone is wearing some awful black evening suit or halter number to a major event or some cheap $99 evening gown splashed/bedazzled with ugly tacky sequins, they would talk despite who you are or who you may become.

So far, Charlene is doing quite well, despite the fact your and other members disagree with her fashion choices.
Me too I disagree with you too
So far Charlene has been the biggest fashion catastrophe since Khrushchev's wife standing beside Jackie Kennedy.Problems problems not doing well at all and there maybe analogy in some members yielding to identification with those who have never excelled nor ever wish to extend to surpass themselves. Sure Cw is great and the investors in Monaco will decide so soon enough.
Because we cheap fashion groupies are someone to someone.For some nothing ventured nothing gained but some are inconsiderate of those she may potentially represent.And there have been grumblings.....from the Hippodrome and throughout.
So no she has been a fiasco and I think Monaco deserves a bit more and CW can do that.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Attributionist companion

Quote:

The worst slamming that has been done is to Monaco itself .It is sheer effrontery and downright disrespect to say that anyone with the insolence of the epithet "companion" or "official companion" in the year 2007[when women made strides to be free of concubine & haremic issues} abuses this as a the weapon of an attributionist?[and some believe it and her while they are attempting to censor the dissentors again and again;but bad taste does not go away like that it permeates everything and para signifies} and any rational criticism levelled at her for her modified Frederick's of Hollywood outfit[especially those pants} is regarded as cheap ,slamming& ghastly.Of course CW does not need this right now[she got this far without criticism did she not?] As many are romantically poised on an impending marriage But they do not think that many have said" My kingdom" & then had to say "My kingdom for a horse" and all that because they could not see the clothes they were wearing were claiming the situation that was not respectfully earned from those in the Hippodrome.and that they may have been high mimetic and tragically flawed. And that just may be the way the situation may end or not end without a bang but a "whimper" to paraphrase TS Eliot that definitive poet of the cheap "slamming" fashionistas.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Firstly let me clarify reagrding my allusion to Zeenat Aman there is nothing"cheap" about the comparison of Miss Wittsock's outfit to that of Zeenat Aman's style sensibilities. What Zeenat wore was considered "bold" but has left an indelible mark as well on fashion history. Her sex appeal got people into the cinemas& not her outfits alone.Lovemarks: the future beyond brands [see Zeenat Aman}

In your eyes, no. But to my trained eye, yes, it is cheap looking.

Quote:
Reproving and slamming are two different things. No one has complained because those individuals you mention[editors and so on] are usually paid hefty sums to offer advice or just give criticism.We do not know what they think and neither do we.have assurances that their silence is approval.

Wrong, but I'll let you believe otherwise.

Quote:
I am confused by your argument; if all the editors have not ventured an opinion and you think the choices must then be fine because they have not spoken of them why mention a "stylist"?{for anything]
You're confused? I love a kidder.

Actually (if you are serious), you are making more difficult for yourself because you cannot counter my statement. Jaya, you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. There is nothing to argue against, especially when it comes to an objective opinion.

Quote:
If you can hear the grumblings from"cheap" fashionista groupies you are not the one to say that reproving and "slamming"[colloquialism] are the identical thing&that that is not what Miss Wittsock needs[unless you are her spokesperson} as Pa's ?official companion.
I'm sorry, but could you please rephrase that statement. Second, could you perhaps be a bit more clear and concise. Thanks.

Quote:
This is a thread about fashion and not what you imagine the needs of Miss Wittsock.

Yes, and I am one of the Mods here who has experience outside of the forums in fashion. Furthermore, this sub-froum is not only here to discuss the latest pieces worn by various royals, their respective girlfriends, and companions, but this sub-forum is also meant for people to discuss what a particular royal should wear (meaning: Fashion suggestions for [insert name here].)

Quote:
It is borderline perverse to watch this spectacle & ghastly to know the complacency with acceptance of mediocrity.This is the apotheosis because some have convictions as "fashion groupies"and some do not.
Okay.

Quote:
You know that outfit that appears like she was going on a pilgrimage to the Golden Temple[Sikh Shrine} but took the Haryana Pass was fantastic and out of this world.
No, actually I don't know.

Since your in the pontificating mood, about everything under the sun, why don't you tell me and the rest of TRF objective members who don't have an axe to grind against Charlene.

Quote:
And I can just see her in a similar one doing charity work for Monaco and reciting:
O beau Monaco jardin fleuri,
plein de parfums.plein de soleil,
la nature est si belle chez toi
qui tu es l'etoile de La Riveira.
And this is relevant to the topic... how? Let me guess: You're trying your hand at sarcasm, right? Yeah, it's not working.

BACK ON TOPIC
Old 06-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I'm not a fashion expert as my area of expertise is in another area of the arts but I have an opinion and I thought Jaya made some noteworthy observations which even my untrained eye can see clearly. I have enjoyed this thread, as fashion is an interest, and while many would argue beauty is in the eye of the beholder, there are times on this board that many of us see the same thing. For example, you will have a hard time convincing me that Charlene's closing ceremony outfit didn't look like it was more for the bedroom than the stadium. I thought it looked cheap and I thought Fredericks of Hollywood is an appropriate observation. I don't hate Charlene as I don't know her personally, but I do know when someone is well-dressed or dressed well for the occasion. I have yet to see Charlene do either. It is my opinion and I am entitled to it. If there are those on the forum who think I don't know anything, then fine. But to quote Voltaire, I may disagree with everything you have to say but I will defend until your death your right to say it.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Serene Highness

Oh my God. She needs SERIOUS help. What the. . .LACEUP slits in PANTS? Wow. I have seen it all. I wonder what PA thinks of her fashion sense? He can't tell her she looks good? Can't Karl step in and be a fairy godfather? The poor girl is embarassing herself. :(

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Majesty

1. This thread is reserved solely for the discussion of Charlene Whittstock's fashion and style.

2. If you wish to discuss other personalities like
Zeenat Aman, please do so in Celebrity Chit Chat forum.

3. If you think that Charlene has no fashion or style, I suggest you find somewhere else to comment unless you have some constructive fashion suggestions to offer.

4. This is not the Poetry Corner nor the Joke Corner. I believe we've heard enough Charlene jokes already... more than we can tolerate.

All opinions unrelated to fashion will be deleted without notice.

Happy posting!

Mandy
Royal House of Fashion Moderator

Old 06-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
Oh my God. She needs SERIOUS help. What the. . .LACEUP slits in PANTS? Wow. I have seen it all. I wonder what PA thinks of her fashion sense? He can't tell her she looks good? Can't Karl step in and be a fairy godfather? The poor girl is embarassing herself. :(
I have a suggestion (and comment): I think that her completely black near retro 70's/bollywood inspired (modified 'fredrick's of hollywood' looking Jaya observed - YES, EXACTLY! ) garb does not work for the event. But that is just my opinion.

It may have looked very sexy in person (especially to the men - Albert), and it may have actually cost her a good sum of money. I do just not think it was a good choice for her - someone else, somewhere else, maybe.

I think CW really can do a much better selecting clothes that compliment her figure and help move her toward the maturity, sophistication and style that she wants to have (or maybe not - maybe she is content as is looking like 'the mistress'). Her taste needs to get more refined because she's the one who keeps dressing herself in those types of clothes. No joke there either. But then again, since CW probably was not meeting with the Queen of anyplace it may not actually matter

The top of the bustier gave an illusion of cleavage - she needed that. The stilettos and the all black theme maybe was a good contrast to the blonde hair (but all too intense, imo). The scarf did help to take some attention away from the broad shoulders, and her makeup stayed, well...minimal. And I noticed she was not wearing that gosh-awful tacky red nail enamel (thank goodness).

If she picked that outfit in mind for what men like (because some say men are visual), then she did a really good job of it. She might be taking her clues from the types of women that get Albert's attention. JMO

A suggestion. Maybe Escada? Prada or something? Hugo Boss? Max Mara? John Galliano Dior by John Galliano Resort 2007 Collection on Style.com: Complete Collection (I think #3 and #4 maybe)?

For an event like this, what would have worked better (many other things would have been better imo, but which designer)?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

John's work for the House of Dior will not suit Charlene's body frame. His cut is way too abstract, odd, and too small for her.

If anything, she should consider Hamish Morrow, Blumarine, Gianfranco Ferre, Celine, Ann Demeulemeester. Dries Van Noten, or Yohji Yamamoto.

Though she has strong shoulders she should down play that area and focus on her legs and narrow hips which would look wonderful in a below the knee pencil or A-line skirt. She can also get away with draping around the shoulders and neck. Furthermore, a top that would add some dimension to her chest.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, ok - the idea being to keep it simple around the top of her body. But the slim skirts or slim pants may not work for CW because she has no waist (imo) unless she combines it with some draping around her shoulders (as suggested). Any examples?

What about somone who does a more tailored look?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Courtier

If Charlene were to balance out her shoulders with an a-line skirt (at or just above the knee to show off those legs) or wide leg pants she would be better off. It would also create the illusion of a waist/curves. It's all about balance. She has been doing a lot with the scarf draped around her neck -- draws the eye inward to her throat and away from the shoulders.

I think she would look good in Armani... But more important than the work of any particular designer is that she has to find a style/image that she wants to project and focus on a public wardrobe that does exactly that. Also, a good tailor can be your best friend. I doubt she is having everything custom made; even good bridge lines (Calvin Klein, Dana Buchman, etc) will need tailoring to fit someone perfectly. If a piece of clothing fits you correctly, it will look good regardless of the price.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
I have a suggestion (and comment): I think that her completely black near retro 70's/bollywood inspired (modified 'fredrick's of hollywood' looking Jaya observed - YES, EXACTLY! ) garb does not work for the event. But that is just my opinion.

It may have looked very sexy in person (especially to the men - Albert), and it may have actually cost her a good sum of money. I do just not think it was a good choice for her - someone else, somewhere else, maybe.
From the pics, it looks very cheap. I can tell by the fabric. It looks like polyester, not something of quality. Charlene's father said she was buying her own clothes, so I wouldn't be surprised if she picked it up at a cheaper store. I do give her 2 points for trying. With the pashmina strewn about her neck it shows she is really trying. I think she needs to go for demure though instead of grab the attention of males. It will make women like her more and would bolster her image maybe. I completely agree with paca that she should try an A line dress of skirt and give up the halter and strapless style. Charlene could look very nice if she had some guidance. Unfortunately for her, she has a rather difficult frame to dress (Serena Williams also has this problem because she's curvy AND muscular at the same time which looks odd in the outfits she wears).

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
From the pics, it looks very cheap. I can tell by the fabric. It looks like polyester, not something of quality. Charlene's father said she was buying her own clothes, so I wouldn't be surprised if she picked it up at a cheaper store. I do give her 2 points for trying. With the pashmina strewn about her neck it shows she is really trying. I think she needs to go for demure though instead of grab the attention of males. It will make women like her more and would bolster her image maybe. I completely agree with paca that she should try an A line dress of skirt and give up the halter and strapless style. Charlene could look very nice if she had some guidance. Unfortunately for her, she has a rather difficult frame to dress (Serena Williams also has this problem because she's curvy AND muscular at the same time which looks odd in the outfits she wears).
I agree. CW should really get some help.

Here are a few of her most recent outfits (I think she could use help on all of them in one way or another):
Welkom op royalfotos!!

http://royalfotos.web-log.nl/./photo.../foto16_14.jpg

http://royalfotos.web-log.nl/./photo.../foto18_15.jpg

http://royalfotos.web-log.nl/./photo.../foto17_12.jpg
Old 06-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinika
About Stephanie--to call those dresses "questionable" is being very kind.
Maybe Charlene looks to er for inspiration. She should be emulating Caroline instead.

Closed Thread

Tags
charlene wittstock, fashion, style