The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful dress but I'd prefer seeing her in a bridal gown !

Old 08-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by galatea_12 View Post
Beautiful dress and hairdo. Charlene looked really elegant. I adore that huge rose at the collar. Really lovely dress.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Aristocracy

Unhappy

well i don't like this year rose ball dress, lastyear was good on her, these year it seems not to be my cup of tea. it will be best without the flower or the bust almost falling out.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

The fashion expert of Svensk Damtidining, Lotta Wretman, thinks that this dress is designed by Isabell Kristensen, who is a friend of prince Albert. She had also designed the "WWF-dress".
Lottas kungliga modeblogg/Svensk Damtidning
Old 08-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

August 5, 2008 - Charlene at the "Hong Kong Night" at The Hong Kong Jockey Club's Beijing Clubhouse which was hosted by Princess Haya

Picture(IBL)
Old 08-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is one of the ugliest dresses I have ever seen... anywhere... on anyone.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

OH MY i agree boris EVER!! the one sleeve just looks silly, i might like it with short sleeves (doubtful) what's the busy design on the front, it faintly looks like a hand of cards??? princess haya looks very pretty, love the dress color, i'm going to check her thread for the front. it will be interesting if a fashionista can identify the designer of this frightful frock.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps it is Prince Albert who chooses her clothes.............He does not always display impeccable taste.......He looks comfortable next to her.....sometimes he even smiles....
Old 08-07-2008, 04:14 AM
Nobility

I didn't notice the one sleeve on the photos in their current events thread.

I didn't mind the dress until I saw the one sleeve it would have been so much better if it was just sleeveless.

Who designed it??

Sometimes just because it a designer outfit (if it is?) doesn't mean it is good.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

That dress is in the Top 3 for UGLIEST EVER.

Charlene is a pretty girl but for some reason she has been looking very gaunt or even ill lately, wearing quite unflattering clothes. Too bad as she could do so much better.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:33 AM
Gentry

I love Charlene's dress that she wore to the Rose Ball! I love the flower - it added just the right touch and a bit of whimsy plus it is one of my favorite colors. She looked lovely!!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnightsky View Post
I love Charlene's dress that she wore to the Rose Ball! I love the flower - it added just the right touch and a bit of whimsy plus it is one of my favorite colors. She looked lovely!!
I agree , I thought she looked lovely .
Old 08-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Charlene could easily pull off some lovely pieces if she goes for the right piece. Her evening wear does nothing for her. They are just plain boring. Yes, she might go for the right color but what about the cut? Strapless dresses do suit her, halter neck dresses dont, they make her shouldres look even wider.
So far this dress is a winner too me. Looks like a Dior Couture but I doubt it.Also this was a winner and this peach/pink Dior
Whilst not being madly striking, so far so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by galatea
The flower was old-fashioned and fussy, {Removed comment}!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Tasteless, utterly beyond redemption. The designer should have been burnt in effigy and it is quite obvious that Charlene needs to update her corrective lenses!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Majesty

Charlene seems to be a sort of "hit-or-miss" type of gal...when she looks good she looks SMASHING...and when she looks bad she bombs big time.

That one-shoulder thing hits all kinds of new levels of bizarre! And she shouldn't lose ANY more weight, it doesn't look good on her tall broad shouldered frame at all.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Charlene seems to be a sort of "hit-or-miss" type of gal...when she looks good she looks SMASHING...and when she looks bad she bombs big time.
Bingo! You have it in one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin
. . . . . And she shouldn't lose ANY more weight, it doesn't look good on her tall broad shouldered frame at all.
I think a lot of women do not take their body shape into account when either dressing or dieting. In this case Charlene has a quite angular frame and any further weight loss will make her look far more broad and boney than she actually is.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince Albert & Charlene at Princess Grace Awards Gala, October 15, 2008 in New York City.

http://i34.tinypic.com/5clt00.jpg

IMO the dress is pretty but not on Charlene. I wonder why she constantly dresses shoulder-free - as an ex-professional swimmer she has the shoulders and the body shape of a man. Massive! The hairstyle is not very flattering either - what is her strategy, to look as much as Charlize Theron or Sharon Stone as possible?
Old 10-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i totally disagree - i thought the colour was lovely on Charlene and i really like the style as it was a departure from her traditional halter-neck gowns. I like the soft curls - it mage the appearance very old hollywood glamour. And her earrings were divine
Galerías de imágenes

Old 10-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

IMO Charlene looks stunning the in the red dress, her hair and makeup are beautiful and the jewels are to die for. Grace and beauty all rolled up into one. Albert better hurry up and marry this fabulous woman!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Prince Albert & Charlene at Princess Grace Awards Gala, October 15, 2008 in New York City.

http://i34.tinypic.com/5clt00.jpg

IMO the dress is pretty but not on Charlene. I wonder why she constantly dresses shoulder-free - as an ex-professional swimmer she has the shoulders and the body shape of a man. Massive! The hairstyle is not very flattering either - what is her strategy, to look as much as Charlize Theron or Sharon Stone as possible?
The dress is very beautiful, but I completely agree with you about her shoulders. She has a very strong body, and her shoulders are very large. IMO, she should try to avoid the shoulder-free look.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she looks gorgeous, the colour is stunning!

Closed Thread

Tags
charlene wittstock, fashion, style