The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Since it is difficult to appreciate items seen in still photograghs I thought it would be interesting to view a few collections via video.

Here are a few from Spring 2007. Some pieces may look lovely on Charlene.

*My favorite collection from the Fall 2006/2007 season.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Since it is difficult to appreciate items seen in still photograghs I thought it would be interesting to view a few collections via video.

Here are a few from Spring 2007. Some pieces may look lovely on Charlene.

*My favorite collection from the Fall 2006/2007 season.

Hi Glittering Tiaras,
I think Charlene would look stupendous in Armani Prive and I think a number of others have seconded thatwith allusions to Armani.Valentino in his White collection is back to circa 1967 and the lines do not suit Charlene's body type exactly JMO. Armani, imo and thanks for that.Clean symmetrical lines and as you know fantastic sartorial cut when sporting it you realize the there is more than simplicity but sheer genius in the exactitude and perfection of the cut.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Gentry

Gala: Fight Aids Monaco

SOURCE master photo

I think that Charlene looks nice. Nice Dress, Nice hair style. I'm looking a full size of the photo because I would like to see shoes..but I like that style.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...a/CAERJRPY.jpg (poor Stephy)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...a/CAE7WFM5.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...a/CA5KWJ5L.jpg

Eleanor Roosvelt
Old 07-24-2007, 03:39 AM
Nobility

Well Done Charlene (or Charlene's stylist) a much better choice of outfit. I think the cut of the dress suits her shape much better.

I am still undecided about the hair - it seems to be her favourite evening style at the moment. Always up and smooth - maybe next time a few soft waves and loose bun?

I look forward to seeing her at the Red Cross Ball (if she attends which looks very likely)
Old 07-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Serene Highness

is charlene , the first lady he has taken to these outing before ?? because she is going ever where with him now, is that a sign of an engagement ??

must say I think she looks fab !
Old 07-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Nobility

I think Charlene looked lovely at this year's Red Cross ball. A much better choice than I've seen her wear before.

(Although I am still baffled as to why someone with broad shoulders wears strapless or halterneck gowns.)

Does anyone know if her dress is a designer one and is so who's it is?
Old 07-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

Faultless from head to toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
I think Charlene looked lovely at this year's Red Cross ball. A much better choice than I've seen her wear before.

(Although I am still baffled as to why someone with broad shoulders wears strapless or halterneck gowns.)

Does anyone know if her dress is a designer one and is so who's it is?
Miss Wittsock was faultless in attire from head to toe at this year's Red Cross Ball.Her hair should be parted otherwise as her head is not oval enough to take the part down the middle. But the strapless ensemble in white and the delicate ruby and diamond earrings were perfect.
I only wish they had given her a bouquet too as she was a flower so I guess CW did not need it [the bouquet that is]
May they live long and prosper.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlene looked quite lovely at the Rose Ball. Although I do have to agree with you, her hairstyle was not her best look.

More photos can be seen here courtesy of Deadline Press.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Charlene looked quite lovely at the Rose Ball. Although I do have to agree with you, her hairstyle was not her best look.

I agree Charlene looks lovely at the ball but i also thought her hairstyle was simple yet different. What i like about Charlene that she tries new looks/ways of things which is intresting. I agree it wasnt her best look but imo it looked different & neatly done. Imglad she didnt choose a dark color for the evening outfit wise
Old 07-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Thats a very nice dress. I too am glad she didn't go for a dark color. The white looks very nice on her.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Royal Highness

Vivien Leigh part in the hair

Quote:

Hi Glittering Tiaras,
Cw was lovely and I adored her earrings which I saw up close somewhere.
But the part down the middle in hair is difficult to wear.; attributable look of Vivien Leigh and for a longer more oval face with delicate features as opposed to Cw's chiselled features.CW was more correct in wearing long substantial earrings as they took away from her aquiline nose and made her look delicate and feminine.I think her earrings however saved her ........good show...brava.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I absolutely loved CW at the Ball, I think that is as beautiful as I have ever seen her look. I would kill to have shoulders that beautiful.

As for her hair, normally I do not like a middle part but I think she made it "work" somehow. The chignon in the back was particularly lovely.

From viewing pictures it appears that she has very fine, thin hair. Unfortunately I have the same type of hair only mine is very wavy. It is so hard to manage and style that type of hair without using hairpieces and extensions. Maybe that is why she wears her up swept back for more formal occasions?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Maybe that is why she wears her up swept back for more formal occasions?
Perhaps, but thankfully her and her stylist nixed the idea of wearing her hair down. Ugh, now that would have been disastrous! A beautiful gown like that with that type of textured hair: No.

I believe the next time we see Charlene out and about with Albert she'll knock em dead with another killer ensemble.

YSL's Pre-Fall 07 collection is out (Stefano Pilati did a brilliant job this season) and I would love to see her in some of * these items.

*Look to your left. Select Collections. Then click Women Pre-Fall 07.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Administrator

I actually thought Charlene's dress was blah for the Rose Ball. It was a nice color, loved the fabric...but it did nothing for her. It did remind of a dress Princess Diana wore a couple of years ago, light blue, when she arrived in Cannes. I will search for the pic.

Charlene's dress reminded me of that dress...but Diana's was more of figure hugging dress. But not in an offensive way. I did love Charlene's jewelry and I agree about her hair...its not that exciting...so she is rather limited. But she is showing improvement...and I think her shoulder's are her best asset...she should always wear dresses (weather appropriate of course) where she can show them off.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I understand your point of view, but would you have rather seen her wear this, this or this to the Rose Ball?

Her understated dress was a major thumbs up (at least I believe so). Better to play it safe than walk around in a bedazzled, bejeweled sequins gown looking like a tacky cabaret singer from Reno, Neveda.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Administrator

No, I certainly wouldn't want a over accessorized mess (no offense to anyone from Reno Nevada).

This is the Diana dress that I am referring to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=91279 .

Every lady has her own individual style, so I am trying to think of someone that Charlene could "model" her style of dress but put her own "mark" on it so it would be a Charlene. None of the royal ladies come to mind (thinking of Letizia, Mary, Maxima, Mathilde, Camilla, Caroline etc.).

Something like this might have worked with her shoulders. ImageShack - Hosting :: 52nl1.jpg Red's not her color though. I like her in a deep purple.

You know who also has nice shoulders (although they can't compare to Charlene's)....Claire of Belgium.

Charlene might able to do something like this [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmm, isn't Claire a tad small? Her body frame is tiny compared to Charlene (which I really don't want to compare her to anyone because you know what happens.)

Diana's soft blue silk chiffon gown is nice and would look interesting on Charlene. I would like to see her continue to wear soft colors (her skin is very light/thin looking and cannot handle dark reds and so forth. She'll look too washed out, like death.)

Give me a moment to see if I can find any new up and coming designers that would suit her and her simple, understated style.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Yes, she is a tad smaller than Charlene (in regards to height) but she know's how to work those shoulders!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
but she know's how to work those shoulders!
Everytime I hear that word I cannot help laughing. That word is ruined for me, thanks to this forum. It will never bee the same again. Thanks Royal Fourms.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Perhaps, but thankfully her and her stylist nixed the idea of wearing her hair down. Ugh, now that would have been disastrous! A beautiful gown like that with that type of textured hair: No.

I believe the next time we see Charlene out and about with Albert she'll knock em dead with another killer ensemble.

YSL's Pre-Fall 07 collection is out (Stefano Pilati did a brilliant job this season) and I would love to see her in some of * these items.

*Look to your left. Select Collections. Then click Women Pre-Fall 07.

I too am relieved that CW's stylist put her hair up for this occasion. With few exceptions I think an upsweep is best for evening, especially with strapless dresses and especially when one's hair is that kind of texture.

Hopefully CW has put herself into the expert hands of Chanel and we have seen the last of shiny halter tops like the one a couple of months ago. With the right guidance, I think she looks fantastic.

Tags
charlene wittstock, fashion, style