Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 4: March-April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 4 of the thread for Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2011 - March 2011 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I guess this should do here...do you guys own anything Kate Middleton wore?

Not exactly what she's worn, but I've been a Reiss customer for a while, and I own an Issa dress. I was amused to discover that Middleton wore those labels. My Issa item is a wrap dress but in multicolored silk. I stumbled across Reiss some time ago while reading a British article on what to wear to a wedding (ironically enough), and it mentioned that Reiss was offering pretty fitted jackets, something I'm always seeking. I went to the site and became a fan. Just before Christmas, I bought a beautiful, fitted knee-length Reiss coat, angora and wool in a soft fawn color. I'm nutty about it.

Perhaps Catherine Middleton wouldn't "live in the shadow" of Diana (whose wardrobe I didn't particularly admire) if publications like the Daily Mail didn't perpetually promote comparisons. And I'd say the primary reason that people remember Diana's wedding dress is that it was such an unfortunate design.

Perhaps Catherine Middleton wouldn't "live in the shadow" of Diana (whose wardrobe I didn't particularly admire) if publications like the Daily Mail didn't perpetually promote comparisons. And I'd say the primary reason that people remember Diana's wedding dress is that it was such an unfortunate design.

I completely agree about the media being responsible for Catherine being in Diana's shadow (as I have responded to someone's comments on the Daily Hell). I loved Diana, however, I know that she has been gone for years, time moves on, the DOC (IMHO) is doing a fantastic job and I am absolutely loving seeing Catherine in her current role - with time, things will no doubt change/advance.

So far she has been dressed very well, ok I don't like ankle boots with skirts/dresses, I didn't like the last coat but I seriously don't do fashion, I do classic. However, Catherine is dressing in a dignified manner but with a hint of fashion and also including elements of the occasion/venue into her outfits.

The red outfit that kate middleton wore was that a skirt or dress?
I called the store but they said Kate wore the red sushi jacket over the red dress but I was sure it was the red skirt?

I called the store but they said Kate wore the red sushi jacket over the red dress but I was sure it was the red skirt?

The outfit in Scotland you mean? It was a skirt & a matching jacket.

I think the Diana article is a bit rich ..... am certain Kate will find her own way and place and with that wonderful William she just can't go wrong especially on the "big day " she'll look a dream.

Diana was, without a doubt, a style icon of her time, just as Jackie Kennedy was for the 60s. Kate will be a style icon for the new century, as she carves out her own place in fashion history.

It could have been the jacket over a sheath dress, under which (or over which) she could have put a turtleneck. I have several jacket/matching sleeveless, jewel necked dresses. They are very versatile.

I don't think Kate will like on Diana's shadow for too long (as the article claims)... I think she will become a icon on her own right.
I really like her style. I think it's Classic and elegant
Just like a princess should be!

Hmm. That looked like a skirt suit to me, not a dress with matching jacket. I own an almost identical red suit. I wouldn't put a turtleneck/polo neck over a dress but often wear one with a skirt suit, including my red suit.

PrincessDianna, perhaps I'm terribly ignorant, but what do you mean by "sushi" jacket?

Oh, I think that was just a marketing name for the jacket, not one that expressed anything about the TYPE of jacket. Middleton's suit jacket looked virtually the same as mine.

And no, you won't be able to buy clothes by credit card from a foreign marketer/designer if they don't have stores in your country. Spagnoli normally sells only in Italy and some European continental shops. However, Spagnoli is probably now making making some items available in the UK through selected stores. They are not yet being sold through any US stores.

Oh! gosh that is a mean article trying to sound "nicely British" how horrible I think [except for the poor choice red dress] Mrs Middleton looks nice I gusee she could have wirn tights but she has great legs and is it getting warmer in London she may have just been excited about the change in the weather. Honestly that is such a horrible print but typical. IMO

What a snarky article. But then, that's par for the course for the Daily Mail and many of its readers.

Oh! gosh that is a mean article trying to sound "nicely British" how horrible I think [except for the poor choice red dress] Mrs Middleton looks nice I gusee she could have wirn tights but she has great legs and is it getting warmer in London she may have just been excited about the change in the weather. Honestly that is such a horrible print but typical. IMO

That is Amanda Platell of the DM at her best!

Catherine's looking phenomenal and am loving the hair today. Wear it down, but wear it like this!

If she were to wear her hair down for the wedding, then do so in this fashion. Worn off the face and held from the sides with a little volume ontop, and allow it to cascade down her back and form into loose locks.

Elegant, fresh and sexy. Perfection.

She's got it made folks!

Last edited:
Oh I do think think Kate looks absolutely stunning - she seems to be wearing more and more lovely outfits as time goes on!

At first I was hoping she would have her hair up for the wedding, but I do now totally agree with Madame Royale that a style allowing her lovely locks to tumble at the back with it nice and formal for the tiara would be perfect.

William is for sure going to bowled over when he sees her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom