Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 4: March-April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally--hair off the face!! She looked terrific. Very nice suit and shoes but really too thin, she looks better with more weight on.

The suit is four years old, so you probably won't be able to find it anymore.

I thought she looked wonderful. I'm getting more excited for the wedding every day. :0)

She looks wonderful, but the fabric looks prone to wrinkling. Love the hair, she just can't go wrong with her hair, it's beautiful!

Amanda Wakeley also designed for Diana, although many of the pieces were worn in private.
Source:
Diana, Queen of Style

She looks really nice...I'm liking the purse especially. Her hair started out okay but it turned into a big mess. She should've worn it up if she knew it would rain.
This is only what, her second outdoor engagement? We learn by experience and she is learning fast.

The ensemble was perfectly pitched to her audience, elegant and four years old, showing both personal style and a political nous to be envied.

Check out the shoes, elegant but with a wide heel to ensure she did not end up impaled in the grass. (Remember Ascot?) And the hair? I expect great things from her, not least at the wedding. I think she may surprise us all.

Just so long as she remembers that her wedding is the one place she can push to boat out as far as she likes and everyone will just drool and applaud! :D

Last edited:
She looks really nice...I'm liking the purse especially. Her hair started out okay but it turned into a big mess. She should've worn it up if she knew it would rain.

I'm not sure about that, CrownPrincess5. I'm not keen on updos because they look too hard and ageing. Kate looks lovely with her hair down.

I've seen a picture of Kate with her hair up. Not liking it much. She has a very long neck and an updo makes her look odd. I think half up is fine, but she definitely needs the long hair down to disguise the neck.

:previous: Her neck is very elegant and makes for good photographing. In any case her neck needs no disguising. It is but a sign of youthfulness and is quite alluring I find.

Catherine has a terrific profile which in itself can be attributed to her delicate neck and jawline.

If her features were severe then the length of her neck may seem odd, but that simply isn't the case.

I think having her hair pulled back into a chignon or low bun would be quite lovely. But wearing her hair half up, half down and cascading down her back also looks sensational.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping this latest hairstyle is a preview of what to come for the wedding! Something not so tightly pulled back with more volume and curls cascading down her back with a tiara and veil to match!

I mentioned this to my friend today at work.
I also feel, this is a sneak peak as to 'wedding day hair'
Since yellow is the color for maid's gowns, another not so surprize.

This is all so fascinating.
what are we all going to do AFTER the wedding?

I mentioned this to my friend today at work.
I also feel, this is a sneak peak as to 'wedding day hair'
Since yellow is the color for maid's gowns, another not so surprize.

This is all so fascinating.
what are we all going to do AFTER the wedding?

that's a good question. right after it, we'll probably still be discuss hers and all the other dress. Then, well...... what will we do?:eek:

:previous: There's always the option of focussing on our own lives :p :D

Last edited:
I thought Kate looked really nice & elegant, that was a timeless look. Her hair was style nicely and nice to see it pulled off her face again.

I missed this as well. Can you provide your source?

I am really looking forward to seeing more of Catherine as she seems to be a "natural".

Me too.

Lady Catherine, where did you see that? or it was just an assumption?

The shoes that Kate wore on April 11 are L.K. Bennett

Art Navy L.K.Bennett

I"m very interest in those. they are in heels but seemed to be very comfortable. I can see myself using one for work without needing to take my just-in-case flats.

Last edited:
I loathe block heels. Shudder at the sight of them. Nice colour though.

Last edited:
I don't think they are new. See how the vamp is distorted...and that heel is not current. Wonder how long ago this shoe was designed. Perhaps this style is a staple and they haven't changed it in years. I like the shoe, myself.

Last edited:
I hope she doesn't become to formal to British...

uuh don't like the L.K.Bennett shoes. Remind me of my gramma's heels. They heel is too fat. She should better go with some classic black louboutins. Much more elegant in my eyes. :)

She was going to step on grass after a heavy rain, people!
There will be plenty opportunities for Jimmy Choo's and Louboutins.

She was going to step on grass after a heavy rain, people!
There will be plenty opportunities for Jimmy Choo's and Louboutins.

I thought her shoes were prefect for the weather condtions.

uuh don't like the L.K.Bennett shoes. Remind me of my gramma's heels. They heel is too fat. She should better go with some classic black louboutins. Much more elegant in my eyes. :)

Oh yeah! Elegant enough to trip and fall or better yet walk away with enough mud to make a pie with stuck to her heel LOL.:ROFLMAO: On a normal basis I would agree, but considering the weather the shoe will do for me.

I like the shoe aswell! When you've got pins like Kate you can pull off any kind of heel imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom