Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 4: March-April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The heavy eye liner reminds me of Diana in the early days, although hers was blue. I'm surprised Kate is going back to that style and I agree that she'd look much better with it toned down a bit.

The drastic weight loss reminds me of Diana as well. I hope Kate begins to see both as not necessary very soon.

I do like her simple fashion style. The non-patterned dresses she wears really show off her engagement ring. I can't wait to see her maternity fashions. I'm SURE they will be nothing like Diana's tent dresses, lol! Maternity fashion has changed so much since then.

Empress Merel, the dress from Net-A-Porter is beautiful and sold out in all sizes!

I will be staying at my sister's house to have tea and scones and watch the wedding, as we are both off from work. SO excited!

Edited to add: The Kate Middleton Doll is gorgeous! Much prettier than the Diana doll, IMO, and a much more accurate likeness. I have never seen any likeness of Diana that does her justice.

Last edited:
Lordy, lordy, I do hope Kate does not follow "today's" maternity fashions. I've never seen so many unattractively dressed expectant mothers! There is nothing wrong with a "tent" dress when pregnant. So much better than the stretched to the max, too small, belly exposing trend we have to endure these days.

Good point, Kitty! I have a hard time getting used to these fashions showing the so-called "bump". So far Kate seems to be going with tradition (for example, wearing gloves) so, maybe she will wear something a bit more...modest.

I do remember my sister being pregnant around the time Diana was and she begged me not to buy her a maternity dress with a "clown collar", lol! I did find a nice dress for her that did not include the huge, white collar.

It is a little early, no? to be discussing Catherine's maternity fashion...

Dymphna, Only UK size 8 and 10 are sold out, the rest are still available. Don't get it though, it's hugely overpriced for a dress so simple.

Not at all...it's part of the marriage.

:lol:
Just check out the 259 pages over their wedding amusing . Till they announce a pregnancy I imagine the same number for a "Is Kate Pregnant yet?" thread

Mia, imagine the frustration (not to mention the number of pages) if there is not a little one for 5 years or so! We'll all be like rubber bands -- ready to snap!!!

One American tabloid says Kate is pregnant already and it will be announced directly after the wedding. So speculation is certainly not confined to these forums!

:previous: Oh how sad! People behind tabloids really need to better direct their times and resources...

Well, who knows? Lots of newly-pregnant ladies get thin due to morning sickness! She's very thin of late? Anyone see Kate upchuck for sale on eBay? (Just kidding!!!)

Any further pregnancy posts will be deleted since it's simple speculation. Once a pregnancy is announced, Kate will have her own maternity fashion thread.

Thanks​

She's a little thin! She strikes me as a very careful and astute player in this royalty game and I would be very surprised if she is already pregnant. I love her style and look forward to a couple more years of wrap dresses and tailored jackets before we see maternity dresses...I mean we've not really seen any major evening dresses yet - can't wait for their first state dinner, I think she will look magnificent in a beautifully cut elegant ballgown and whichever tiara she may receive (if she does).

The wedding is so close, I'm so excited for the dress especially since the guest list has been released- my concern is Kate being so thin I hope so does looked too thin in her dress.....like swamped by it or as if she'll break because honestly for me that'll ruin the whole look of the bride....

I am sure it'll be great though.....excited! 6 days to go

Dymphna, Only UK size 8 and 10 are sold out, the rest are still available. Don't get it though, it's hugely overpriced for a dress so simple.

Anything Kate wears will immediately shoot up in price, I imagine.

I listen in the news today that she will have 3 dresses! one for the church and one for each reception!wow I hope we can see them all!

Kate at her rehersal.....She looks beyond lovely in the outfit IMO ....soft colors look nice on her

lovely indeed. love the jeans on her and everything. :blush:

shame on me for not noticing how beautiful she is earlier (the engagement video won me over)

can't wait for friday :britflag:

I think it's one of her favorites bag, we saw it often lately. I like this outfit, pretty and comfortable.

she is changing indeed..the boots, the whole look, her hair..she is becoming a princess!

I like jacket too, dress is ok. But her skin is glowing, she will be stunning bride.

Love the blazer-jeans-combo (as it is my favourite outfit to wear right now :)) but she kinda looks tired on the first picture? No wonder..she must be pretty stressed and nervous for the wedding.

I think that's a cardigan. I have one very much like it in another color. I also think she wore that dress to the wedding of William's cousin, Laura Fellowes, daughter of one of his Spencer aunts. (She was a child bridesmaid at Prince Andrew's wedding and sat next to William.) That wedding wasn't much publicized, but I did catch a glimpse of the dress Catherine wore, and it was that color and pattern.

Are these the same pair of shoes Mary has been wearing (Louboutins I think)? Together with the Prada bag that would be a switch to high class labels we havent seen from Kate yet.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/28/article-1381407-0BCE8E1500000578-510_306x695.jpg

I guess it are the same shoes that Mary has. Well, Kate will be transformed now and here's hope. I hope we will not see her with her hair hanging down too often, such beautiful long hair deserves some sophisticated hairstyles like the one she had yesterday. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom