Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2011 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Vivian Westwood as a artist who paints with fabric on the human body. Some of her designs are beautiful, but truly what royal uses her for clothes?

Camilla has 2 outfits from VW: one was a navy blue gown, that she has used on a number of occassions (the first time was the RA Hall, the 2nd time was at the state dinner for the visiting Indian President). The 2nd outfit was worn at Ascot (last year, or 2009) and was beige in colour.

ITA with Dierna23, La_noblesse and Lucrezia. Very well said! ;) Vivienne Westwood's designs are not for everyone, which is a good thing. I strongly disagree with the posters who claim that Kate's style is classic. It's not classic at all. Kastalia came closer, IMO. She called it 'conservative', I'd call it 'Desperate housewife's conservative style', when it comes to her dressed-up appearances that revolve around William, and let's not talk about her 'glorious' disco days...:ermm:
I am amused that the woman who is dressed like a satin bag lady, has a comment about anyone's style.

Very odd 'provincial' American type of comment. With all due respect, if you don't understand the European haute couture or what Westwood meant to say in particular, let the connoisseurs speak.

Last edited:
Very odd 'provincial' American type of comment. With all due respect, if you don't understand the European haute couture or what Westwood meant to say in particular, let the connosieurs speak.

Who might the connoisseurs be? :ROFLMAO:

Camilla has 2 outfits from VW: one was a navy blue gown, that she has used on a number of occassions (the first time was the RA Hall, the 2nd time was at the state dinner for the visiting Indian President). The 2nd outfit was worn at Ascot (last year, or 2009) and was beige in colour.

Aha! So Camilla has kind of caught up a bit somewhere with style:p:p. I would love to see the outfits you mentioned.

Aha! So Camilla has kind of caught up a bit somewhere with style:p:p. I would love to see the outfits you mentioned.

You just need to look through the threads to find the pictures. :)

i disagree, it is her job to design, not to criticize. all i know about fashion is what is comfortable and what isnt. if its comfortable then it looks good, if it isnt comfortable then it is ugly. :) how am i doing? as long as catherine feels good about herself and william likes her and her clothes, who can really complain? she will never be able to please everyone all the time.

I did not suppose that it is her job to criticise. But as she is a fashion designer for many years, I would say that she knows whereof she speaks. You are very kind, but I do not know what it would mean in the end? If Kate Middleton wears a plastic kitchen bag and feels comfortable, then it looks good?:confused::ROFLMAO: Middleton does not need to please me with her style, but as long as I do not like it I will say so. That is Westwood's right, too. Her couture can not please everyone either. See me, I would walk on air if my daughter had chosen a wedding gown by Westwood.:w00t:

http://www.228worldbrand.com/UploadFiles/2011-01/admin/201111810829002.jpg
http://estb.msn.com/i/17/702180E98789542334A35AF176F922.jpg

‘I would have loved to have dressed Kate Middleton but I have to wait until she kind of catches up a bit somewhere with style,’ she said.

I fully agree with Vivienne Westwood. Not that I think that she is the right designer to usually dress her but I dont see any style on Kate as yet. "Conservative" is correct but in a very boring and backwards way.

She wears clothes straight from the 80ies in always the same manner (dress, jacket, boots or pumps), the rare cases of mix and match are a desaster, no hairstyle at all, terrible eye make-up.

She will need professional advice on how to dress as a royal, how to do make-up and hair, everything and hopefully, as a consequence, develop style. The sooner, the better.

I love the way the Duchess dresses. I guess I should check out VW she has.

Kate is just not stylish and Westwood is right! I have low expectations for her wedding dress...I'm expecting it to be plain.

Those outfits are stunning:flowers:

Blue Dress Ascot.

I expect Vivienne will dress Kate when the time comes, she's not a silly woman.

I'm expecting it to be plain.

This is a royal wedding, plain is what goes. Some brides do plain very elegantly, others are just boring.

Kate has plenty of time to wear a Vivienne Westwood creation and she does have some great dresses. It would be great to see her in one during a state dinner or any occasion that calls for it.

Prince William and Kate Middleton stepped out in public together at an official engagement for the first time today. The Royal couple braved the wind on the Welsh to visit an RNLI lifeboat station in Anglesey where the Prince is based as a search and rescue pilot.
Miss Middleton was wearing a Philip Treacey headpiece with a khaki-coloured military-style coat with brown trimmings.

100% improvement in comparison to Kate's boring usual looks. In this front view, she looks fab:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/24/article-1360259-0D579886000005DC-494_634x878.jpg

From the back, the hairdo looks quite messy
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/24/article-1360259-0D57A137000005DC-229_634x298.jpg

It was really windy, so that's probably why it looks a little messy.

I like the outfit a lot. The booties are really cute.

Prince William and Kate Middleton stepped out in public together at an official engagement for the first time today. The Royal couple braved the wind on the Welsh to visit an RNLI lifeboat station in Anglesey where the Prince is based as a search and rescue pilot.
Miss Middleton was wearing a Philip Treacey headpiece with a khaki-coloured military-style coat with brown trimmings.

100% improvement in comparison to Kate's boring usual looks. In this front view, she looks fab:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/24/article-1360259-0D579886000005DC-494_634x878.jpg

From the back, the hairdo looks quite messy
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/24/article-1360259-0D57A137000005DC-229_634x298.jpg

I quite liked her outfit, elegant and apropriately warm. Don't like the boots all that much, but that's a personal opinion, never liked that kind of boots by the ankle.
About the hair, from the video it was very windy, I think unless she had her hair very tight anything would look messy.

I quite liked her outfit, elegant and apropriately warm. Don't like the boots all that much, but that's a personal opinion, never liked that kind of boots by the ankle.
About the hair, from the video it was very windy, I think unless she had her hair very tight anything would look messy.

I think Catherine was very appropriately and smartly dressed for the occassion.

Seeing how wibdy it was, perhaps a learning point for her will be to experiment with hairstyles that are a bit more resistant to the wind - we have all seen Camilla looking rather worse for wear because her hair has not been able to withstand the wind as well as she might have liked it to.

Hair is always at the mercy of Nature. I have to say I like her outfit, even the booties which I generally abhor. Best I've seen her look. They look as though they were genuinely having fun!

I think Catherine was very appropriately and smartly dressed for the occassion.

Seeing how wibdy it was, perhaps a learning point for her will be to experiment with hairstyles that are a bit more resistant to the wind - we have all seen Camilla looking rather worse for wear because her hair has not been able to withstand the wind as well as she might have liked it to.

Let's hope we will not get another generation of helmet-hair. Long hair out of doors in windy weather will blow around. No need to spray it in place. Or perhaps they should starch their coats as well so they do not move in windy weather.

I think that's a Katherine Hooker coat. It looks very much like one of her designs. And I like the boots. I mentioned earlier (somewhere) that I thought Middleton regarded her hair as her best feature and wore it long and down because she feared she wouldn't look as attractive without it. Unfortunately, wearing it off her face really isn't all that flattering to her. Still, I like the look she chose in general.

I think that's a Katherine Hooker coat. It looks very much like one of her designs. And I like the boots. I mentioned earlier (somewhere) that I thought Middleton regarded her hair as her best feature and wore it long and down because she feared she wouldn't look as attractive without it. Unfortunately, wearing it off her face really isn't all that flattering to her. Still, I like the look she chose in general.

Not sure where the coat is from, but I am reasonably sure I have seen Carole Middleton in that coat before, quite possibly at Sandhurst.

I have to say I don't really like her shoes but the rest is just gorgeous.

down because she feared she wouldn't look as attractive without it. Unfortunately, wearing it off her face really isn't all that flattering to her.

Strange - I saw it just the other way round. :flowers: I think with her hair open she looks pretty but wearing it in a ponytail enhances the classic features of her face. This together with her smile makes her more than pretty - she really is beautiful.

I think she looks very elegant - a wise choice for such a blustery day. I really like her hair worn off the face & I agree it shows off her features very well.

Muriel, Hooker's designs tend to be similar. And yes, Carole Middleton did wear one to the ceremony at Sandhurst. I suppose it's just possible that it was shortened and tailored for her daughter.

I suppose I don't see Catherine Middleton's features as "classic". I like her looks -- I really do find them appealing -- but she doesn't have the classic bone structure that works best with an off-the-face hairstyle.

I thought she looked perfect for the event, the colors are very winter & everything did match nicely.
Her hair looked lovely pulled back and her featured really shoed nicely IMO. I do hope she wears it back more often. I did not think her hair looked messy, it was quite windy, so who can blame her when it did at times.

She looked very good today.
Nice coat and hair. The only thing I dislike are the shoes.

I agree Dazzling, perfect comes to mind when I see Catherine at this event. I don't think I've ever said perfect for her before but she had the whole modern British royal look down to a tee. I'm so glad she wore a hat/fascinator, I was getting worried that Kate wouldn't be much of a tifter wearer. Idk if its just me but I bloody love the shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom