Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2011 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate wore this coat in 2006 but it was longer.

I must be easy to please because I thought she looked great, from the top of her head to the tip of her toes. Her fascinator was a lovely light touch and her coat, scarf, tights, shoes and bag looked really good.

Her partial updo is a revelation, as her usual trademark look of hair down and partially covering her face leaves much to the imagination but with it pulled away from her face we actually get to see it for virtually the first time. She seems very fine featured, delicate and very attractive.

All-in-all a really great loolk and she seems to have understood that greedy old us want to see her face and a really good hairdo can really make her look great. :flowers:

I must be easy to please because I thought she looked great, from the top of her head to the tip of her toes. Her fascinator was a lovely light touch and her coat, scarf, tights, shoes and bag looked really good.

Her partial updo is a revelation, as her usual trademark look of hair down and partially covering her face leaves much to the imagination but with it pulled away from her face we actually get to see it for virtually the first time. She seems very fine featured, delicate and very attractive.

All-in-all a really great loolk and she seems to have understood that greedy old us want to see her face and a really good hairdo can really make her look great. :flowers:

I have to agree with you! Loved the outfit, loved the hair pulled back! I thought she looked fantastic!:flowers:

The coat is much better short. Before it was very old fashioned. Now is very stylish. Her all look is perfect. Very nice. Can't wait to see her as a bride

What a lovely couple :flowers:
Kate looks great. Coat and boots are very pretty and hair style really suits her.

Lovely outfit. I wish the coat would have been the colour of the blue dress she wore to that wedding recently. More colour please Catherine. :flowers:

Count me among those that love the boots.

Definitely agree. She looked lovely.

I'm sure we'll see her in lots of color. She's got the coloring to carry off bright and strong shades. As a very fair-skinned blonde who disappears in them, I envy her.

I think that's a Katherine Hooker coat. It looks very much like one of her designs. And I like the boots. I mentioned earlier (somewhere) that I thought Middleton regarded her hair as her best feature and wore it long and down because she feared she wouldn't look as attractive without it. Unfortunately, wearing it off her face really isn't all that flattering to her. Still, I like the look she chose in general.

All the RF ladies are wearing coats with contrast collar, flaps and half-belt. This is a style that was popular in the late 1960s (for we Americans it was a "Jackie O" style). I still have my bright green one with navy trim.

Love the style and it seems to suit everyone.

LOL, When my browser opened the first words I read were Katherine Hooker, and I was like "Why are they calling her that!!!" then I read that it was the designer's name.

Anyway, I love the coat, the hair up in a ponytail. I'm not a big fan of the shoes, but they look ok. What I must confess is that I didn't get the whole point with the little hat/fascinator, none of the other ladies were wearing one, but it gave her a princessy look and I guess for this time, it is ok

I really like the outifit that Kate chose today! The coat is very pretty and also I think that she looks good with this hairstyle.

I like it, good job!
Hilary Alexander wrote an article about Catherine's outfit
http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/columns/hilary-alexander
I'm wondering is it a new coat or is she shortened it. Anyway, I really like it. Colors are nice, accessories too. The fascinator is good addiction. Unfortunately because of the wind the hair look messy, but I don't care.
Can's wait for tomorrow.

She looked fab!
Nice touch of fascinator. The only thing I do not like is her boots.

Yes- I agree. She looks great. While the boots are not to my liking, they work well with the outfit. I LOVE that she choose a fascinator with Welsh feathers on the buttons- such a personal touch. I appreciate that she chooses British designers. And yes- the colours of this outfit were a little bland, but it was really fitting for the occasion. If she only wears neutrals, I will be disappointed- we'll have to wait and see. Princess Mary's engagement coat was a similar colour and shape. At the time, I remember hoping that her future wardrobe would be more colourful. It certainly has, and I hope the same will be true for Kate.

I also admire that she recycled her coat, hemming it to give a whole new look. Kate will always have to work to balance public expectations that she look good AND not spend too much money and in this regard, she is off to a great start.

I also admire that she recycled her coat, hemming it to give a whole new look. Kate will always have to work to balance public expectations that she look good AND not spend too much money and in this regard, she is off to a great start.

Its possible that Kate still pretty much uses or has to use her own wardrobe as she is not a member of the BRF as yet and might not be have access to a clothes budget/personal stylist/designers as yet.

i really appreciate she's gone to so much trouble. And then comes the wind!
i like how she's changed her hairstyle, and i love the boots. i even like the fascinator.

a really good start.

Excellent! The brown and black together is very stylish IMO and soooooooo happy to see her hair up!!!!!! :) I think she looks prettier with it pulled back for sure!!! Yeah Catherine!

Love the outfit and boots...Finally someone has hired her a stylist

I don't think she used a stylist. This outfit is very much in the vein of things she's worn before. The coat is an old one that she had shortened, she's worn fascinators and pashminas tied like that before, she's always loved boots with dark tights. This is really a very Middleton look. The only things new are the hairstyle and the fact that the boots are ankle not calf-length.

So glad she finally pulled back her hair. I thought she looked great! Go Kate. The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the brown trimmed coat with black scarf/tights/boots. But overall, not bad!

Hope we get some good pictures from tomorrow's event as well.

p.s. Actually seems the tights and boots, at least, were also brown, so nevermind ;)

Last edited:
Marika86 said:
Better view of the brown suede shoes

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Dam! They looked black in other pics- so brown shoes/tights and coat but black scarf and gloves.....

Edit- wow saw different pics and scarf and gloves brown too! I totally saw black- my bad

Last edited:
One other thing I liked with regard to her look today was the thick under-eye pencil seemed to be a bit lighter. Not completely gone, but looked much nicer then during the outing with Camilla.

Last edited:
loved the earrings; i'd buy those in an instant.

Kate looked great! The outfit was appropriate for the event. I'm really excited to see her on her wedding day.

Love this whole look the shoes the bag the gloves just adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom