The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Wills'n'Kate out for a meal:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...36_468x713.jpg

Nice look!

Old 03-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Majesty

Hmm. I see a little practice "updo". Not bad for starters.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Nobility

Kate's updo

Perhaps she's right to keep her hair down, since her face is not nearly so youthful and lovely with all the hair pulled back...
Old 03-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
What is the most important thing about Catherines look ?

William has to like it !

Our opinion is second :)

I think we need to give her some time to develope her style. At the moment she plays it save and she doesn't want to make a mistake. That's okay, that's laudable.

We should never forget, that we knew her years before she became Will's fiancee. She was no surprise like Letizia or Mathilde were. We have known her style years before. Otherwise we'd possibly call her surprisingly top elegant

I'm pretty sure she will do a style quantum jump a few month after her wedding when she feels confident in her new role - at least when she gave birth to her first baby ( remember Mette!).
If you were to believe the media she is a fashion goddess. As for her outfit today well at least her hair was up but very messy.(I'll spare you guys my black/brown soapbox.) Then again William was wearing "trainers" so maybe it was a casual dinner.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
Perhaps she's right to keep her hair down, since her face is not nearly so youthful and lovely with all the hair pulled back...
That comment is both harsh and unkind. Also untrue as her previous pulled back look showed. It was very flattering and quite lovely!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...94_634x878.jpg
Old 03-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think Kate is a style goddess, but I do think she's overly critiqued for her entire fashion sense. While she's does often look mumsy and outdated in formal or semi-formal wear, I think her casual style is great: jeans, sweater, boots. She actually looks her age in casual wear and she carries herself differently, which may be why she looks better.

I can't fault her for playing with her hair. It's a bad habit I have too.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Nice look!
I don't like her shoes. They don't match the jacket. It's not my favourite outfit of her but it's not her worst either...

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 03-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Nobility

I didn't intend to be so negative, Marg, and I apologize for my choice of words. I just get a bit tired of so many talking about how she MUST wear her hair this way or that -- especially that so many think she MUST wear her hair up. And to me, while the updo of earlier today was not bad at all, it did not seem to me as flattering and youthful as when she has her hair down. I do not have a personal preference (and of course it is certainly not up to me...), but Kate does seem in general to prefer her hair down, which makes a lot of forumees just crazy. In the end, my hope is simply that she'll wear it for her wedding in the way in which she feels most comfortable.

BTW, I also thought her hair looked terrific in Wales, but I felt the sweet little fascinator softened the look...
Old 03-14-2011, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Nice look!
She looks pretty nice with hair all pulled back, I actually like how casual it is & should be for such a private outing. Nice look, very neat & cute heels.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Kate looks ok. I like shoes and hair style.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:27 AM
Royal Highness

I wish she'd just be given some Louboutin pumps. Those she's wearing are grandma.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Quote:

Nice look!
Kate looks lovely. I like her hair up. Nice jacket and shoes. I think that the jacket is the same that she wore when went out to lunch with the Duchess of Cornwall

"Daily Mail": The Kate effect: Her impact on fashion is huge (and she's not even a princess yet!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz1GZ8Jck56
Old 03-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Nobility

I like her more and more since seeing appearances from when the engagement has been announced. Her skin seems clearer and shinier as if their were an eternal spring flowing through her body's face. Also those eyes that peer strikingly or lovingly through, leave me happy and assured that there is more. Such beautiful eyes. I must say. I wish her all the best and I just can't wait for forever after. It is a fairytale I've been witnessing. Great. I hope they shine through like no other. I'm very surprised. What a majestical model.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Nice look!
I like everything except the shoes, a little "grandma style", but probably comfortable. The up-do is very nice.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Gentry

I really like Kate the more I see of her, but I agree with Susanna Wynne, her skin generally does look older and less youthful looking.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:10 AM
Commoner

I love Kate's style :)
I have a few of her pieces such as the Issa dress, Reiss dress, and hope earrings.
I really like the trench coat but its sold out :(
Old 03-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know what Middleton wore to the ballet the other night? She attended with Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

I like that Kate wears items she obviously has purchased for utility, comfort and versatility, while still looking the part of the Prince's fiancée. As the years go by, I'm sure she'll acquire new camel-colored shoes (but hopefully not anything as overly trendy and pricey as Louboutins for daytime outings, especially to sporting events.

I like the black tights and ankle boot look, she doesn't need to have sparkly shoes or accessories.

As for brown and black (or black and navy), I think these are great color combinations for the right person. I think these color combinations show adventurousness, lightness and elegance all at once (although handbags in the right colors help carry the look off). I think Kate should review her handbag selection, and add to it (as well as her shoe collection). But if she had camel/black shoes and handbag with that one outfit, it would have pulled it together.

Still, I think keeping her clothes budget on the lower side and showing that she uses/reuses things is a great way to build style for oneself, while still keeping in touch with the rest of us Earthlings.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I like that Kate wears items she obviously has purchased for utility, comfort and versatility, while still looking the part of the Prince's fiancée. As the years go by, I'm sure she'll acquire new camel-colored shoes (but hopefully not anything as overly trendy and pricey as Louboutins for daytime outings, especially to sporting events.

I like the black tights and ankle boot look, she doesn't need to have sparkly shoes or accessories.

As for brown and black (or black and navy), I think these are great color combinations for the right person. I think these color combinations show adventurousness, lightness and elegance all at once (although handbags in the right colors help carry the look off). I think Kate should review her handbag selection, and add to it (as well as her shoe collection). But if she had camel/black shoes and handbag with that one outfit, it would have pulled it together.

Still, I think keeping her clothes budget on the lower side and showing that she uses/reuses things is a great way to build style for oneself, while still keeping in touch with the rest of us Earthlings.
Different strokes for different folks. To me her brown/black combos make her look color blind or it has the ability to cut her half. I feel like she needs more help in the add-on department. Black shoes do not go well with light colors. For example: the time she wore the long pink dress with the black shoes to boodle boxing event. The list could go on and on.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Royal Highness

http://royalwedding.yahoo.com/blogs/kates-see-through-dress-sold-at-auction-1253
The outfit went $125,871.00 and Catherine isn't a princess yet!