The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Majesty

Kate Middleton: A very royal style icon in pictures - Fashion Galleries - Telegraph

Kate Middleton: A very royal style icon in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
Loved the Burberry coat and the nice suede (?) pumps! But I'm sure the Fashion Witches will soon be out again about the opaque tights. I for one think the total look was a good one for a winter outfit, and she looked chic, smart and young.
I thought the tights today were a lot less opaque than usual - opaque tights are very very on-trend here in the UK at the moment.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness

I like this look a lot. The trench is very feminine, in nice color, simple but not boring and suits her age well. Thankfully no boots :)
For me it's one of her best looks.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Nobility

Muriel, I have noticed that dark tights are being worn quite a bit in London, as in NYC, but I keep reading from the Liz Joneses and other fashionistas that they are, so to speak, a horror, a real fashion mistake. I cannot see this, but I suppose the princesses of fashion would regard me as hopelessly plebian...
Old 03-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Thats one pretty coat, the ruffle on the hem is quite nice and young.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the ruffle on the hem of her coat. She looked great.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Thats one pretty coat, the ruffle on the hem is quite nice and young.
I agree with you, this is a lovey coat that suits Catherine
Old 03-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The coat looks nice on Kate and I must say she has a nice interaction with people. I am getting the feeling that she is beginning to love being the center of attention, for the right reason, as fiancee. The waiting has paid off

Make up is strong as usual and the hair boring as usual.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

I would love to have my hair looking that "boring".
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
I like this look a lot. The trench is very feminine, in nice color, simple but not boring and suits her age well. Thankfully no boots :)
For me it's one of her best looks.
I think you got your hopes up too soon ... the boots were there, ready for the outdoor event
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...14_306x618.jpg
Old 03-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade

I think you got your hopes up too soon ... the boots were there, ready for the outdoor event
Ah man.... Pretending I don't see the boots :)
Old 03-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Catherine's Middleton trench coat
Burberry - WOOL TRENCH COAT WITH FRILLED HEM
Kate Middleton makes a fashion statement in Burberry
Old 03-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Ah man.... Pretending I don't see the boots :)
I don't understand what's wrong with her boots? It's still winter, it's cold and it seems to be appropriate to wear boots while outside.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x

I don't understand what's wrong with her boots? It's still winter, it's cold and it seems to be appropriate to wear boots while outside.
I just don't like them when she wears them with certain things/outfits/ wears them so much.... I think the heels look more adult but I understand she likes them and it's her waredrobe...plus they were appropriate with weather/grass. It's just my opinion that I don't really like them that's all
Old 03-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love her hair a and make up and the coat too!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Majesty

catherine's coat on sale here:

Burberry London - Ruffled Wool Trench Coat - Neiman Marcus
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I liked the coat until I saw the ruffle. It ruins the classic look of a trench coat for me. That is not her fault though but that black-brown combo is.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

I think it's fine to play around with the traditional design of a trench coat; it adds visual interest, and someone in the public eye needs that in her clothes. I love my classic Burberry, but I wouldn't mind an updated and more unusual version like Middleton's.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

IMO it is just the right amount of ruffle
Old 03-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Nobility

I like her style a lot. This coat is very beautiful
I'm not sure about her hair. On the one hand it looks great but on the other hand it's a bit too long.
I'm curious about her hair on her wedding day. I'm wondering what she's doing with it then.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 03-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Her hair looked better as the ends were curled. Would love to see it shaped up a bit, a little shorter or more styled so she doesn't TOUCH it so much.
She looks the best when with William, and he with her. Their love for each other comes across in the photos

Closed Thread