The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Royal Highness

Are we sure the belt didn't come already on the suit, maybe?

Old 03-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Serene Highness

Ah, that's a very different belt than the one suggested before. Much more traditional, less frou-frou. It does look like one that would come with a suit.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Are we sure the belt didn't come already on the suit, maybe?
It's quite possible it's already sewed on the suit and the bow in the front buttons up. When her left arm goes up here in these pictures:
http://www.daylife.com/photo/08sL3YB...on+st.+andrews
http://www.daylife.com/photo/0cEcaNU...on+st.+andrews
if the belt weren't sewed on, would the belt go up to or would the top slide out a little leaving the belt lower?

I guess we'll find out if she wears this suit again with a different belt.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I'm curious without bringing up a debate can anyone ID the designer of Kate's suit vs Diana's suit. I'm just curious since they look so similar. Obv if you look closely you'll notice the minor details

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5320356_n.jpg
That's exactly the suit I thought of when I saw Catharine's outfit!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

Okay, now I've actually obsessively studied that belt and suit. This is a new venture for me, as I don't usually look so closely at what one person wears.

The belt is definitely not the belt linked above, it's narrower and the "bow" is almost not a bow at all, far more tailored.

It is uncannily like Princess Diana's suit (and I don't think that's a coincidence). However, I believe every public woman should learn to work with red and black early on, and that seems to be Kate's choice for this particular type of outfit. I hope she doesn't continue to wear too many suits (the whole suit thing is overdone by royalty, in my opinion - let's have some dresses! let's have some chic casual outfits too!)

But, at this stage of Kate's fashion development a suit is an absolute necessity, a Princess Diana style suit is perfect for her, she's so similarly proportioned (but I must confess, now that I'm paying attention, I'm seeing several women at work wearing the Princess Diana style suit again - in red and royal blue, not orange, and I have to wonder if Kate isn't influencing them a bit).

A Diana Renaissance wouldn't hurt American (or British) fashion. Diana was a lot of fun. Kate doesn't seem quite so people-friendly and fun (yet), but she doesn't seem quite to shy as Diana did at first, either.

So much to wait to see - can't wait to see how she turns up next!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Royal Highness

http://m.usmag.com/v/CelebNews/HowKa...66c5357f409746

Kate middletons wedding wardrobe-

Interesting info if acuurate
Old 03-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...oli-label.html

About Kates red outfit!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

As Italian is a pleasure to know that Catherina has chose an Italian brand. Luisa Spagnoli is a brand very famous in Italy, that make a mix of modern and also elegant clothes. I really like this brand,some years ago I bought an outfit for a wedding.

Luisa Spagnoli
Old 03-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Nobility

Sunday Times claims it knows who is designing "The Dress"

Is this really the person? The Sunday Times thinks so...

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...icle571963.ece
Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Nobility

hope not

Sarah Burton’s First Show for McQueen Full of Feathers and Wheat Sheaths -- The Cut
Old 03-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
Yes- I agree. She looks great. While the boots are not to my liking, they work well with the outfit. I LOVE that she choose a fascinator with Welsh feathers on the buttons- such a personal touch. I appreciate that she chooses British designers. And yes- the colours of this outfit were a little bland, but it was really fitting for the occasion. If she only wears neutrals, I will be disappointed- we'll have to wait and see. Princess Mary's engagement coat was a similar colour and shape. At the time, I remember hoping that her future wardrobe would be more colourful. It certainly has, and I hope the same will be true for Kate.

I also admire that she recycled her coat, hemming it to give a whole new look. Kate will always have to work to balance public expectations that she look good AND not spend too much money and in this regard, she is off to a great start.
It may just be a personal thing but I don't think military buttons should be worn in her hair. It should have been worn on her coat. Both her outings were okay fashion-wise but I don't yet believe that she is a fashion icon because her outfits tend to be crazy. She had black, brown, and red in her first outfit which I felt didn't quite match. She should drop her black accessories. The second outfit was a nice touch to match the graduates but I agree that it was a lot like Diana's stuff. Granted Diana wore so much stuff that anyone would match her! The second outfit's jacket looked a little loose. Nothing major but a tailor could bring it in a bit more which would flatter her body better. Oh and can we see her without boots on .
Old 03-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Prince William and his bride-to-be Kate Middleton pictured at Belfast City Hall during their visit to Northern Ireland.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Prince William and his bride-to-be Kate Middleton pictured at Belfast City Hall during their visit to Northern Ireland.
March 08, 2011

Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3
That looks like a nice coat.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Kate looks great!! The trenchcoat is really nice, I like the style

The trench coat that Kate wore today is from Burberry London
Old 03-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Aristocracy

I really like the coat. She looks happy here.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Courtier

I liked the trench coat very much. So chic.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy

Very cute Burberry trench, and I like the feminine ruffle detail. Still, I think she looks better in definite colors. She can carry them, and they work better with her coloring.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Royal Highness

No boots!!!! Yeah!!!!!

The coat is cute and the heels looks so much more adult then then the boots
Old 03-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the Burberry coat looked very smart. Interesting to note that it was not taken off indoors either.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Nobility

Loved the Burberry coat and the nice suede (?) pumps! But I'm sure the Fashion Witches will soon be out again about the opaque tights. I for one think the total look was a good one for a winter outfit, and she looked chic, smart and young.

The Telegraph this morning had an unfortunate (IMHO) comment. Poor Kate, she will be castigated, regardless of what she does. It was something to the effect that she enjoyed the limelight. If she smiles broadly, she is enjoying (read too much???) the attention. If she doesn't smile, then the press will think she and William are unhappy or in a fight. This will be a tough row for her to hoe, as the old saying goes, and I hope she will learn to take it with the proverbial grain of salt and just be herself.