The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the black belt that Kate is wearing is from LK Bennett's latest Spring / Summer collection.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Serene Highness

Kate Middleton promotes British fashion for first public engagement
Kate Middleton promotes British fashion for first public engagement - Telegraph

Kate Middleton cuts a striking figure in red
Kate Middleton cuts a striking figure in red - Telegraph

Old 02-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

Very pretty! She looks so happy~
Old 02-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

is the whole UK so windy? I'm beginning to think Dianna prefered her hair short because of it :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Great suit & a great color, I wish she had done something with the hair today again, the collar of the jacket is quite pretty but lost with the open hair.
Red really suits her. I also wish she was wearing another fascinator, yesterday's was beautiful.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Nobility

Catherine is a beautiful woman. She has got great legs, body, smile, teeth, eyes, eyebrows and hair and adorable dimples. Nice posture.She is naturally ellegant. She is not trendy, fashionista or "chic". She is ellegant. All things considered, I think she is more beautiful and presents a nicier figure that the other princesses around: Mette-Marit, Letizia, Mary, and even Maxima and her sassy eyes (which I like a lot).
Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness

Did she change into a red dress for NZ condolence book signing? Anyone have pictures....?

Edit- never mind it appears to be same outfit but no belt and black coat!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Catherine looked great on both of her appearances. I especially love the red suit.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Did she change into a red dress for NZ condolence book signing? Anyone have pictures....?

Edit- never mind it appears to be same outfit but no belt and black coat!
I do think she changed into another dress. The St. Andrews attire was a red coat and skirt with what at least seemed to be a black collar. Plus there were black buttons on her coat.
http://www.gettyimages.nl/detail/109425600/WireImage.

For the book signing, I don't see the buttons. And she put a necklace on. http://www.isopix.be/persfotos_photo...FFSET=00000004.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I think she changed into another dress too, Skippy.

Here's a few more photos from the signing.

Photo 1 - Photo 2
Old 02-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

She has been looking great! Can someone fill me in on what the word "Sloane" means? I heard it on a show yesterday ("Kate is a typical Sloane") and today I read, "Chelsy is an honorary Sloane." I know it's a shopping street - but what kind of fashion makes one a Sloane?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Looking at this photo I think that Kate has changed her outfit
Old 02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
She has been looking great! Can someone fill me in on what the word "Sloane" means? I heard it on a show yesterday ("Kate is a typical Sloane") and today I read, "Chelsy is an honorary Sloane." I know it's a shopping street - but what kind of fashion makes one a Sloane?
This - Sloane Ranger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - might give you some information about the term.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy

I do think she changed into another dress. The St. Andrews attire was a red coat and skirt with what at least seemed to be a black collar. Plus there were black buttons on her coat.
http://www.gettyimages.nl/detail/109425600/WireImage.

For the book signing, I don't see the buttons. And she put a necklace on. http://www.isopix.be/persfotos_photo...FFSET=00000004.
You are right- those does appear to be a completly different outfit! Thank you :)
Old 02-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you, Skippy! Learning so much here every day. From the wiki:

"female Sloanes are considered to favour a scruffy ponytail or bun, and most commonly blonde hair held in a massive side parting. dangly ear-rings,sometimes wear sleeveless puff jackets, Jogger bottoms (sometimes even pajama trousers)..."

We have those here too, in SoCal - but I didn't know they had a name. Also says they like Burberry (which I don't think is as popular here). I had noticed the sleeveless puff jackets on several pictures of royals who are out and about doing various things (they can look very fashionable, but one has to have a certain physique to pull it off, I think - a more athletic physique).

It's interesting that Diana didn't share the rural sports love that it is said most Sloanes today have (from the Wiki). I'm still going to have to study more pictures to get a real sense of it, but that article was a big help.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Gentry

love the red on her, much improved of so many years of bordem from her...she needs to lay off the eye liner though
Old 02-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
That's great. The girl goes out, looking wonderful, and gets criticized. Princess Anne has a closet and she gets criticized. Where will it end?
Thats an opinion, not a fact.

I was simply saying that Kate is dressing like someone much older than she is. I wasn't saying that Anne dresses badly.

I thought her outfit yesterday was much nicer for her.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:43 PM

kate looked nice, b ut i am not a fan of her style of dressing. its ordinary.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

kate looks wonderful but I'm shocked at how thin she's become.
Let's hope she continues to experiment with her hair.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:28 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

As soon as the hair just hangs down, the look gets messy.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...34_306x489.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...58_634x514.jpg
Old 02-26-2011, 04:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm curious without bringing up a debate can anyone ID the designer of Kate's suit vs Diana's suit. I'm just curious since they look so similar. Obv if you look closely you'll notice the minor details

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5320356_n.jpg