Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2011 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her hair looked better as the ends were curled. Would love to see it shaped up a bit, a little shorter or more styled so she doesn't TOUCH it so much.
She looks the best when with William, and he with her. Their love for each other comes across in the photos:)

She does need to stop playing with that hair. I don't know if its a nervous factor or she is grooming herself but it makes her look childish. As for the coat it is definitely a matter of personal opinion. I have seen better but I have seen worse. I do think though that her coat did not go with those boots or those black tights/pumps. Hopefully in the future she will wear it with better accessories.

It's a fashion design, not a classic tramp through the woods trench. I don't care for the trenchcoat, but so what! She could have chosen one of those porkupine/hedgehog studded things, but I'm glad she didn't.

Try as I might, I just can not fathom why everyone races to buy everything she wears.....:unsure: Anyway, the trench is ok but I think the ruffle on the bottom will make it look dated in a few years (IMO).

I agree about it looking dated in a few years, its not a classic piece IMO.
I also dont understand why what she wears is sold out, its in store, you like you buy, you dont buy because person X is wearing it.

imo, the ruffle makes it look dated now. The only thing I've seen Kate wear that I wld rush out to buy is the fascinator she wore on her first official funtion with William in Wales. But even then, I wldn't want to buy an exact copy.

Try as I might, I just can not fathom why everyone races to buy everything she wears.....:unsure: Anyway, the trench is ok but I think the ruffle on the bottom will make it look dated in a few years (IMO).

That is called admiration and looking up to a person, being fan of someone. That may include the clothing bit.

I agree about it looking dated in a few years, its not a classic piece IMO.
I also dont understand why what she wears is sold out, its in store, you like you buy, you dont buy because person X is wearing it.

And that is exactly what does happen. Simply because one admires the person and/or the style he/she has. It can be a part of fandom.

People also like to socialize and have conversation. At work, or among friends, having a piece that resembles something a celebrity wears invokes conversation and good-humor. For young women, especially, it is fun to occasionally emulate someone else's fashion.

blah. just blah. Not one outfit impressed me.....She looks old and outdated. She copies Dianas classics, but she has no own ideas. Always boots, tights, a dress or a jacket. Hair almost always worn down. she needs a general make over and first of all new make up.:nonono::dizzy::yuk: she is a gorgeous girl and i stand by my word that she could look like La Bruni but not with that style.

Yes,but I used to see Kate in black boots,it suits her,as she has nice legs...I think she would be trained more after her marriage in the style matter.Though she has a classical choice,and it is not obligatory for her to become style icon.
Not every woman has the talent to get in vogue everything she touches,as Jackie Kennedy did.

blah. just blah. Not one outfit impressed me.....She looks old and outdated. She copies Dianas classics, but she has no own ideas. Always boots, tights, a dress or a jacket. Hair almost always worn down. she needs a general make over and first of all new make up.:nonono::dizzy::yuk: she is a gorgeous girl and i stand by my word that she could look like La Bruni but not with that style.

She cud look like La Liz too, my Adonis!..:heart2:..Karel, u mesmerize me,darling! :valentine1: :cupid: :wub:

lol Lenora.No and she does not need to look like gorgeous Jackie.:cool: But that can not be her own style, she is too young and too pretty for such boring clothes.In fact she is a classical beauty not like Mary of Denmark and she has a great body. She has everything aaaaaaaaand:she will be Queen of england one day.:w00t: you can do better, Katie!!!!!English people aren't very fashionable, but they have fantastic designers.Use them, Katie, pleeease!!! Forget Issa and the other boring stuff.:whistling::lol:

She cud look like La Liz too, my Adonis!..:heart2:..Karel, u mesmerize me,darling! :valentine1: :cupid: :wub:

:hug:....:winkiss: she could be an english rose like La Liz, yes!!!!""

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree she needs to start with a makeup makeover. The young British actress who is playing Kate in the upcoming TV movie has amazing makeup, when she is being interviewed as herself. I'll bet the TV movie makes Kate's makeup look much better.

It's an art, and it takes practice, but Kate should definitely move away from the liquid liner. She doesn't need to go for glamour, necessarily, but natural and beautiful makeup on such a lovely woman would help so much. I'm afraid she'll look back on the pictures of this period and wish she'd done her makeup differently.

Make up is strong as usual and the hair boring as usual.

I think she has beautiful hair, but it just looks very messy & untidy durng outdoor engagements. The wind is her enemy ! Maybe she needs to wear it up somehow or wear hats ? But at evening engagements it is a winner. :flowers:

She looks really lovely on all of the occasions she has appeared with the adorable William BUT the hair something must be done about the hair ........IMO ....of course.

What is the most important thing about Catherines look ?

William has to like it !

Our opinion is second :)

I think we need to give her some time to develope her style. At the moment she plays it save and she doesn't want to make a mistake. That's okay, that's laudable.

We should never forget, that we knew her years before she became Will's fiancee. She was no surprise like Letizia or Mathilde were. We have known her style years before. Otherwise we'd possibly call her surprisingly top elegant.

I'm pretty sure she will do a style quantum jump a few month after her wedding when she feels confident in her new role - at least when she gave birth to her first baby ( remember Mette!).

Oh wow! I'm absolutely in LOVE with her coat. In my eyes it is a classic coat just with an eyecatcher which makes the coat look younger and more fashionable, but still it looks classic and timeless.
Yes her Make-up isn't the best, but not bad at all. We all used to try out different looks and I bet catherine won't stay with eyeliner forever. Imo she's doin a great job wearing classic stuff but still in a young way (don't like royals who are too fashionable like Letizia...makes them look ridiculous since they aren't on the catwalk) Hope we're gonna see this lovely burberry coat more than once :)
About her hair: Loved it how she had it on the engagement-pics and also on the pic where she's wearing the burberry coat. She has a pretty nice color and her hair looks just healthy and gorgeous. Imo an up-do wouldn't look good at all on Catherine and hats makes the style look too old (Now everybody compares her to Lady Di, if she's gonna wear hats everybody's gonna compare her to the Queen..so she better stays without hats lol) So overall she's doing a great job and I'm excited to see her future styles (especially on the wedding...can you believe that she's already engaged to Will for 5 months only 1.5 month to go till the wedding :))

:previous: Hmm. I see a little practice "updo". Not bad for starters. :flowers:

Kate's updo

Perhaps she's right to keep her hair down, since her face is not nearly so youthful and lovely with all the hair pulled back...

What is the most important thing about Catherines look ?

William has to like it !

Our opinion is second :)

I think we need to give her some time to develope her style. At the moment she plays it save and she doesn't want to make a mistake. That's okay, that's laudable.

We should never forget, that we knew her years before she became Will's fiancee. She was no surprise like Letizia or Mathilde were. We have known her style years before. Otherwise we'd possibly call her surprisingly top elegant

I'm pretty sure she will do a style quantum jump a few month after her wedding when she feels confident in her new role - at least when she gave birth to her first baby ( remember Mette!).

If you were to believe the media she is a fashion goddess. :lol: As for her outfit today well at least her hair was up but very messy.(I'll spare you guys my black/brown soapbox.) Then again William was wearing "trainers" so maybe it was a casual dinner.

I don't think Kate is a style goddess, but I do think she's overly critiqued for her entire fashion sense. While she's does often look mumsy and outdated in formal or semi-formal wear, I think her casual style is great: jeans, sweater, boots. She actually looks her age in casual wear and she carries herself differently, which may be why she looks better.

I can't fault her for playing with her hair. It's a bad habit I have too.

I didn't intend to be so negative, Marg, and I apologize for my choice of words. I just get a bit tired of so many talking about how she MUST wear her hair this way or that -- especially that so many think she MUST wear her hair up. And to me, while the updo of earlier today was not bad at all, it did not seem to me as flattering and youthful as when she has her hair down. I do not have a personal preference (and of course it is certainly not up to me...), but Kate does seem in general to prefer her hair down, which makes a lot of forumees just crazy. In the end, my hope is simply that she'll wear it for her wedding in the way in which she feels most comfortable.

BTW, I also thought her hair looked terrific in Wales, but I felt the sweet little fascinator softened the look...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom