Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2011 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes- I agree. She looks great. While the boots are not to my liking, they work well with the outfit. I LOVE that she choose a fascinator with Welsh feathers on the buttons- such a personal touch. I appreciate that she chooses British designers. And yes- the colours of this outfit were a little bland, but it was really fitting for the occasion. If she only wears neutrals, I will be disappointed- we'll have to wait and see. Princess Mary's engagement coat was a similar colour and shape. At the time, I remember hoping that her future wardrobe would be more colourful. It certainly has, and I hope the same will be true for Kate.

I also admire that she recycled her coat, hemming it to give a whole new look. Kate will always have to work to balance public expectations that she look good AND not spend too much money and in this regard, she is off to a great start.

It may just be a personal thing but I don't think military buttons should be worn in her hair. It should have been worn on her coat. Both her outings were okay fashion-wise but I don't yet believe that she is a fashion icon because her outfits tend to be crazy. She had black, brown, and red in her first outfit which I felt didn't quite match. She should drop her black accessories. The second outfit was a nice touch to match the graduates but I agree that it was a lot like Diana's stuff. Granted Diana wore so much stuff that anyone would match her! The second outfit's jacket looked a little loose. Nothing major but a tailor could bring it in a bit more which would flatter her body better. Oh and can we see her without boots on :lol:.

Very cute Burberry trench, and I like the feminine ruffle detail. Still, I think she looks better in definite colors. She can carry them, and they work better with her coloring.

No boots!!!! Yeah!!!!!

The coat is cute and the heels looks so much more adult then then the boots ;)

I think the Burberry coat looked very smart. Interesting to note that it was not taken off indoors either.

Loved the Burberry coat and the nice suede (?) pumps! But I'm sure the Fashion Witches will soon be out again about the opaque tights. I for one think the total look was a good one for a winter outfit, and she looked chic, smart and young.

The Telegraph this morning had an unfortunate (IMHO) comment. Poor Kate, she will be castigated, regardless of what she does. It was something to the effect that she enjoyed the limelight. If she smiles broadly, she is enjoying (read too much???) the attention. If she doesn't smile, then the press will think she and William are unhappy or in a fight. This will be a tough row for her to hoe, as the old saying goes, and I hope she will learn to take it with the proverbial grain of salt and just be herself.

Kate Middleton: A very royal style icon in pictures - Fashion Galleries - Telegraph

Kate Middleton: A very royal style icon in pictures

Loved the Burberry coat and the nice suede (?) pumps! But I'm sure the Fashion Witches will soon be out again about the opaque tights. I for one think the total look was a good one for a winter outfit, and she looked chic, smart and young.

I thought the tights today were a lot less opaque than usual - opaque tights are very very on-trend here in the UK at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this look a lot. The trench is very feminine, in nice color, simple but not boring and suits her age well. Thankfully no boots :)
For me it's one of her best looks.

Muriel, I have noticed that dark tights are being worn quite a bit in London, as in NYC, but I keep reading from the Liz Joneses and other fashionistas that they are, so to speak, a horror, a real fashion mistake. I cannot see this, but I suppose the princesses of fashion would regard me as hopelessly plebian...

Thats one pretty coat, the ruffle on the hem is quite nice and young.

Love the ruffle on the hem of her coat. She looked great.

The coat looks nice on Kate and I must say she has a nice interaction with people. I am getting the feeling that she is beginning to love being the center of attention, for the right reason, as fiancee. The waiting has paid off :whistling:

Make up is strong as usual and the hair boring as usual.

I would love to have my hair looking that "boring".

Ah man.... Pretending I don't see the boots :)

I don't understand what's wrong with her boots? It's still winter, it's cold and it seems to be appropriate to wear boots while outside.

Cinderella5x said:
I don't understand what's wrong with her boots? It's still winter, it's cold and it seems to be appropriate to wear boots while outside.

I just don't like them when she wears them with certain things/outfits/ wears them so much.... I think the heels look more adult but I understand she likes them and it's her waredrobe...plus they were appropriate with weather/grass. It's just my opinion that I don't really like them that's all

I love her hair a and make up and the coat too!

I think it's fine to play around with the traditional design of a trench coat; it adds visual interest, and someone in the public eye needs that in her clothes. I love my classic Burberry, but I wouldn't mind an updated and more unusual version like Middleton's.

I like her style a lot. This coat is very beautiful ;)
I'm not sure about her hair. On the one hand it looks great but on the other hand it's a bit too long.
I'm curious about her hair on her wedding day. I'm wondering what she's doing with it then.

Her hair looked better as the ends were curled. Would love to see it shaped up a bit, a little shorter or more styled so she doesn't TOUCH it so much.
She looks the best when with William, and he with her. Their love for each other comes across in the photos:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom