Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 2: November 2009 - January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style
Part 2
previous thread

Here are some important TRF

Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Marmi, TheTruth & dazzling

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful dress but is it the angle of the photo or is it just my impression that her head is too big for her body?

Beautiful dress but is it the angle of the photo or is it just my impression that her head is too big for her body?

I suspect this may just be the photograph. Haven't seen many pictures where her head and body have appeared out of proportion!

I think she looks much thinner lately.

The blue dress, jacket and scarf look good but those boots need to go!!!

Is it me or those boots slightly worn? Or am I saying that because Kate has worn them so many times?

Beside of the boots AND tights (I'm just no fan of short skirts, boots and tights) a quite nice outfit. I'm not sure if it's fitting for a film premier, but she was not an "official guest" IMO, so it's a nice, youthful look. Agree, she looks rather skinny lately. I mind it mainly because you have to be very thin if such tights don't make your legs look fat. ;)

No I agree with you Sonjapearl, they look a bit worn out. Time for Kate to buy new shoes.

But I must say, I think the hairstyle with the simple ponytail looks great

IMO... the dress is far too short and it clings to the hose the boots are for more casual outfits and all in all not her best look.. but she is a private person and I do feel a bit naughty commenting on her style but she has put herself out there so I guess it is ok... thank heavens she ha sdone something else with the hair.

IMO... the dress is far too short and it clings to the hose the boots are for more casual outfits and all in all not her best look.. but she is a private person and I do feel a bit naughty commenting on her style but she has put herself out there so I guess it is ok... thank heavens she ha sdone something else with the hair.

How do you reckon "she has put herself out there "?

This new fashion fad of these boots with tights and short skirts is awful IMO. No one looks good in them. Kate will look back on photos oneday and say, "What was I thinking." Sticking to classics is a better idea for someone who's always in the spotlight.

I have to wonder if Kate is having difficulty dressing her age. I know that when I was her age and until about the age of 35, I was all over the place with my fashion. You want to be fashionable, but some of the fashions are for those who are between the ages of 16 & 21. I tried so hard to wear the latest fashions but it was just not working. I have since learned to pick a few fashionable pieces and work it with a more mature look with an edge. Maybe this is what is happening with Kate.

She went to a film premiere and just as we can talk about celebrities and what they wear to a red carpet we should be able to comment on Kate. I respect her being a private person, but when you go to the red carpet you know there will be photographers there and that people will talk about what you wear. I think that is what bertie5252003 means (correct me if I'm wrong)

Yes Dani90 that's what I mean am sorry if I need a translater but I do thank you for putting it so nicely for me.Hope I am clearer now muriel.

I like boots, they are fashion and Kate uses them very mucht! But they are OK in casual outfits not for evening, they look horrible with the blue dress!Her hair is O.k but she should arrange it better!

I like boots, they are fashion and Kate uses them very mucht! But they are OK in casual outfits not for evening, they look horrible with the blue dress!Her hair is O.k but she should arrange it better!

Long boots and short / medium length dresses have been a staple of winter wear in London for 4-5 years now. Having said that, I don't think the whole ensemble worked very well though.

I was a bit surprised that Kate's boots did look quite old, and the style is certainly from around 3-4 years ago. My initial reaction is that good that she appears well comfortable with the well known Windsor thriftiness.

The girl loves her boots and I think they usually work, except this pair is way to worn out (since she's still in the realm of real people she could take them to the shop in secrecy and have them revamped) what I don't like this time is the fact that they are flat. High heeled (new) boots would probably have worked better

I love this white coat! it's very elegant!

I love the coat. It's a classic cut. Does anyone know who it's by?

I agree, it's a very nice coat and very flattering. I prefer it on Kate rather than on Eugenie. :flowers:

I CAN NOT see the boots??? How can you see them??

(the dress is by far NOt one of her best .....)

yes i agree with you. I think only these two dress (queen sofia and kate midelton)have similar colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom