Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 2: November 2009 - January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
same old, same old:sleeping: Prince William with his official wedding walker that is Kate in a nice dress with a nice jacket and a nice hat, hair hanging down :sleep:

For me, Kate has no fashion sense. I certainly don't expect her (at this point anyway) to dress designer down like Mary, Mathilde, Maxima, etc. But her style is just boring.

I agree its a bit dull. Too much blue in her wardrobe.

I do like her hat, though.

It's wedding appropriate but nothing spectacular.

The outfit just didn't go together. The jacket is not one to be worn on top of that type of dress, the shoes are boring, and why would you wear a navy blue hat with an electric blue dress and black jacket? She also needs to find a new way to wear her hair too, she still has the same hairstyle that she had eight years ago.

Hanging your hair loose and wearing a hat like that is such a lazy look.

one can look like a goddess even in H&M if you have fashion sense, but this girl hasn't. The hat is too big, too dark, too funeral.

There's something offish to the combination that makes it a good look. It reminds me of color pairing from the eighties that although not assimilating, give a sort of appeal that seems just right. Whatever Kate may wear I notice often her cheery face and those eyes. I see what Will sees and I agree. She's pretty. It's so good to see them finally. It's not often they get photographed lately. He and she must stay reclusive, but I bet one day they will shine through and through. For now I guess we just wait to see what happens and when and if they ever wed. It's nice anticipating.

Katie looked absolutely lovely. Love the outfit and the combination of colours.

She has beautiful hair and eyes and a gorgeous smile.

I share the sentiment that this young woman does not know how to dress really well. No matter what she's wearing, give and take a different color or hat, she always look the same, always. She has no presence, none whatsoever.

Kate looks boring compared to these 3 girls. Olivia Hunt looks the best out of 4 IMO. Kate is being conservative in her style and IMO not dressing how she wants to.
Olivia Hunt and Jecca are 28, Rose is 26. They look right for their age, with the right amount of partying added to their skin.
As for Jecca's dress, it is a wedding, and a very cold one at that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that these girls are better looking then Kate yes, she is conservative but in a good way. I loved the dress Kate wore although, I think a diffrent jacket or a wrap might have made a diffrence and the shoes (well they are putting me in mind of the boots) time to get a new pair.I loved the big oversized hat. she looked like the little mouse who has ate the cheese. IMO the other girls just don't cut the cake..although they might be bad pictures.:eek: Olivia Hunts outfit was very smart ..I have to agree with you there.

I agree about Olivia Hunt. Her dress was well put together and stylish. I don't know if I'd wear it to a wedding though haha.

ah yes, Kate's boots. We had to put up with those for *years*. maybe she buys like 10 pairs of one style of shoes? I had hoped she got a new wardrobe this year...

Well if you check and then double check you will see that these shoes have showed up almost as much as the boots...and this was my point. For goodness sake any woman should have at least 10 diffrent pairs of shoes.. and I am talking about DRESS SHOES. Of course this is my opinion.;)
I am Praying that if engaged and then married we will see a whole diffrent side of Miss Middleton..

I can see that I'm seriously deprived.;) Actually, I'm fine with someone wearing the same pair of shoes frequently as long as they go with the outfit and aren't worn down.:flowers:

For goodness sake any woman should have at least 10 diffrent pairs of shoes.. and I am talking about DRESS SHOES. Of course this is my opinion.;)

The only thing that bothers me about Kate's clothing is it looks shoddily made. Look at the hem on the blue dress. That dress looks like she made it at home. The style is timeless and pretty and very good for her, but she needs to ramp up the quality a bit.

yes... I can see how Kate might look like the most appealing one out of the bunch of "old flames". Talk about hideous style. Jecca in that long mormon skirt was too much lol. Do these British socialite women not know how to dress well anymore? Kate looked the best by far. Is it just me or do all of these girls look oldish? kind of around 35.

What the heck is a "mormon" skirt? A somewhat crass description. Not acceptable.

The only thing that bothers me about Kate's clothing is it looks shoddily made. Look at the hem on the blue dress. That dress looks like she made it at home. The style is timeless and pretty and very good for her, but she needs to ramp up the quality a bit.

Who knows? Maybe she DID make it herself. It also could very well be that while living in Wales, they live on Will's SAR pay and I imagine that wouldn't pay for designer outfits. This is just my supposition but I could well imagine the two of them doing that. :)

The way Kate dresses tells me that the latest designer clothing and such isn't a top priority with her. I'm sure if and when she does marry Wills and has public duties to perform and state dinners to attend, she will have the best of designers and dressers much like Diana did after her marriage. Until then, I can see Kate being totally happy with good fitting jeans and sneakers.

I can see that I'm seriously deprived.;) Actually, I'm fine with someone wearing the same pair of shoes frequently as long as they go with the outfit and aren't worn down.:flowers:

I love shoes(ok maybe I have a fetish) and maybe you do diprive yourself...:whistling:but she has been wearing the same pair of black shoes for 4 years now it was between them and the black boots that are both suede..and she wears them with everything....even a very pink evening gown which should have been worn with some silver sling backs. Also the blue evening gown that should have had a colour matched shoes..and been dyed... I am not saying she needs to invest in Jimmy Choo's or Manolo Blahnik's(not that she can't afford them) but an nice pair of Steve Madden's or Nine West (both can be priced under 50 dollars)would not hurt... In my opinion she needs to explore her options ...:flowers:

What the heck is a "mormon" skirt? A somewhat crass description. Not acceptable.

I believe what he meant (as not to disparage Mormons) is that Jecca dresses very Bohemian. She has at least to me always dressed like a flower child if that makes sense. An expensive flower child.

This reminds me of pictures of one of Sophie Rhys-Jones's first formal outings with Prince Edward. She wore a very pretty pink evening dress that had a big skirt with black embroidery on it but with black leather pumps, and this was in the days when pumps had square heels and a squarer toe than now. But I think that she wore more appropriate shoes after that.

I she wears them with everything....even a very pink evening gown which should have been worn with some silver sling backs. Also the blue evening gown that should have had a colour matched shoes..and been dyed...

Perhaps she's taken a page out of Charles' book. How long has Charles been wearing that one pair of black shoes now? 40 years or something? With me, once I find a pair of shoes that are comfortable and fit well and don't have my feet screaming obscenities by the end of the night, I tend to take care of them as if they were my most precious possession and wear them for years.

Perhaps she's taken a page out of Charles' book. How long has Charles been wearing that one pair of black shoes now? 40 years or something? With me, once I find a pair of shoes that are comfortable and fit well and don't have my feet screaming obscenities by the end of the night, I tend to take care of them as if they were my most precious possession and wear them for years.

Must be a smelly pair of 40 year old shoes:p!! After two years I toss them !!

Penny, this is an opinion forum my opinion is that she should know she is being photograghed often and change her shoes. I never said I question her mind.. just her shoe style.

Anyhow, don't get me wrong I like Kate Middleton, I think she will be a great addtion.( At least I am hoping). I said very often that I think she will be better all around once she is engaged and married. I think she is very impressive. These are my opinions, may you keep your own... I think she is a sly fox.. who knows just what she is doing. :whistling:

Shoe fetish here too. And those boots she has are completely worn out. Either buy yourself new black ones that are good for your feet (worn-outs are not, thanks)
And she should also invest in Charlotte Olympia shoes. :whistling:
Lady Ann; maybe she's stocking her closet with LBD's, high heels and Haute Couture gowns. I'd say, go for it. :D

:previous::D
I hope she is stocking to WOW us if they ever finally announce their engagement! she has the right body for the outstanding clothes and great legs to show off the shoes... Cheers.. to hoping she does.
Empress Merel Quote "And she should also invest in Charlotte Olympia shoes. :whistling:"
Im not a fan of the ones with the lift on the front of the shoe although, all the high end stores are selling them now... I think Miss Middleton is too tall for them...IMO ..:ROFLMAO:.

I love the CO where the heel is curved. I can't find a picture of it now though because the OC webshop is not aired yet. Louboutins would probably pushing it. :ROFLMAO:

But the best invention to women feet are probably Lanvin and Miu Miu flats. :flowers:

This is one way to go off-topic. :whistling:

Yes it is Empress...thanks for recognizing that :)

There are certainly threads in the fashion forum where you can discuss Kate's current and future (if she marries William) fashions.

I too was bone weary of those black boots. I am all for comfort and loving a good pair of shoes but come on.

And I expect if William and Kate do get engaged and get married, she will definitely step up her wardrobe. She should have a block of engagements and events to fill her time. Hopefully, we wont' get those posts talking about how Kate changed (of course she did!) and now she is wearing this and that. She will be entering a new station of appearance, responsiblity and her clothes will reflect that. We will see more evening gowns, some new jewels, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom