The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I can see that I'm seriously deprived. Actually, I'm fine with someone wearing the same pair of shoes frequently as long as they go with the outfit and aren't worn down.
I love shoes(ok maybe I have a fetish) and maybe you do diprive yourself...but she has been wearing the same pair of black shoes for 4 years now it was between them and the black boots that are both suede..and she wears them with everything....even a very pink evening gown which should have been worn with some silver sling backs. Also the blue evening gown that should have had a colour matched shoes..and been dyed... I am not saying she needs to invest in Jimmy Choo's or Manolo Blahnik's(not that she can't afford them) but an nice pair of Steve Madden's or Nine West (both can be priced under 50 dollars)would not hurt... In my opinion she needs to explore her options ...

Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
What the heck is a "mormon" skirt? A somewhat crass description. Not acceptable.
I believe what he meant (as not to disparage Mormons) is that Jecca dresses very Bohemian. She has at least to me always dressed like a flower child if that makes sense. An expensive flower child.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Majesty

This reminds me of pictures of one of Sophie Rhys-Jones's first formal outings with Prince Edward. She wore a very pretty pink evening dress that had a big skirt with black embroidery on it but with black leather pumps, and this was in the days when pumps had square heels and a squarer toe than now. But I think that she wore more appropriate shoes after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I she wears them with everything....even a very pink evening gown which should have been worn with some silver sling backs. Also the blue evening gown that should have had a colour matched shoes..and been dyed...
Old 10-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Perhaps she's taken a page out of Charles' book. How long has Charles been wearing that one pair of black shoes now? 40 years or something? With me, once I find a pair of shoes that are comfortable and fit well and don't have my feet screaming obscenities by the end of the night, I tend to take care of them as if they were my most precious possession and wear them for years.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
What the heck is a "mormon" skirt? A somewhat crass description. Not acceptable.
I believe the poster meant that Jecca is covering up like a mormon.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Perhaps she's taken a page out of Charles' book. How long has Charles been wearing that one pair of black shoes now? 40 years or something? With me, once I find a pair of shoes that are comfortable and fit well and don't have my feet screaming obscenities by the end of the night, I tend to take care of them as if they were my most precious possession and wear them for years.

Must be a smelly pair of 40 year old shoes!! After two years I toss them !!

Penny, this is an opinion forum my opinion is that she should know she is being photograghed often and change her shoes. I never said I question her mind.. just her shoe style.

Anyhow, don't get me wrong I like Kate Middleton, I think she will be a great addtion.( At least I am hoping). I said very often that I think she will be better all around once she is engaged and married. I think she is very impressive. These are my opinions, may you keep your own... I think she is a sly fox.. who knows just what she is doing.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Royal Highness

Shoe fetish here too. And those boots she has are completely worn out. Either buy yourself new black ones that are good for your feet (worn-outs are not, thanks)
And she should also invest in Charlotte Olympia shoes.
Lady Ann; maybe she's stocking her closet with LBD's, high heels and Haute Couture gowns. I'd say, go for it.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Courtier

I hope she is stocking to WOW us if they ever finally announce their engagement! she has the right body for the outstanding clothes and great legs to show off the shoes... Cheers.. to hoping she does.
Empress Merel Quote "And she should also invest in Charlotte Olympia shoes. "
Im not a fan of the ones with the lift on the front of the shoe although, all the high end stores are selling them now... I think Miss Middleton is too tall for them...IMO ...
Old 10-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Royal Highness

I love the CO where the heel is curved. I can't find a picture of it now though because the OC webshop is not aired yet. Louboutins would probably pushing it.

But the best invention to women feet are probably Lanvin and Miu Miu flats.

This is one way to go off-topic.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Yes it is Empress...thanks for recognizing that :)

There are certainly threads in the fashion forum where you can discuss Kate's current and future (if she marries William) fashions.

I too was bone weary of those black boots. I am all for comfort and loving a good pair of shoes but come on.

And I expect if William and Kate do get engaged and get married, she will definitely step up her wardrobe. She should have a block of engagements and events to fill her time. Hopefully, we wont' get those posts talking about how Kate changed (of course she did!) and now she is wearing this and that. She will be entering a new station of appearance, responsiblity and her clothes will reflect that. We will see more evening gowns, some new jewels, etc.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:27 AM
Serene Highness

Kate Middleton’s Spot-On Princess Style

Photo Gallery : InStyle.com What's Right Now
Old 11-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Nobility

I think the reason why Kate always let loose her hair is because she has long neck. I have a fren who just do not like to bun her hair up (even during her wedding) due to her long neck. Beside it kind of fit into the Windsor's tradition - Windsor royals (Diana, Sarah and Sophie) always spot natural look of their hair - no special upsweep with tiara or hair ornament even during their wedding, unlike their other counterparts.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Heir Apparent

^ But Sophie and Diana have short hair. There's not much they can do with their hairstyles. Sarah could've but didn't. But I am hoping that Kate will take note of the CP's who married into the other royal houses and do something with her hair IF she marries William.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Nobility

Well there's way to glam up short hair too - hair extension etc (just like what Q Silvia did). But I always have this feeling that's the tradition on how they did their hairstyle - natural and loose (even Beatrice and Eugenie too).
Old 11-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

It's amazing, the press has named Kate princess already... Well, if and when she marries William and becomes princess, she'll need a lot of work in the style department, IMO. It's not only her hair. She needs to get rid of all the 'cheap' boots and dresses and this will only be the beginning. Good luck to her!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The outfit worn to the wedding a few weeks back was custom made for Kate by her favourite designer Issa.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
The outfit worn to the wedding a few weeks back was custom made for Kate by her favourite designer Issa.
And who paid for this?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
And who paid for this?
The answer to your question is none of your (or my) business!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

IMO, Kate has no style.
She can wear the nicest most beasutiful gown, the best makeup, the best hairstylist and she'll still not look half as good.

Does anyone know if she used to be a tomboy??
Old 11-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

According to the papers she's "sporty." I'm sure that IF she marries William they'll be some major fashion changes that will be made. Major designers will be sending her clothes and she'll have her pick of the best.

Closed Thread