Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 2: November 2009 - January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reason why Kate always let loose her hair is because she has long neck. I have a fren who just do not like to bun her hair up (even during her wedding) due to her long neck. Beside it kind of fit into the Windsor's tradition - Windsor royals (Diana, Sarah and Sophie) always spot natural look of their hair - no special upsweep with tiara or hair ornament even during their wedding, unlike their other counterparts.

^ But Sophie and Diana have short hair. There's not much they can do with their hairstyles. Sarah could've but didn't. But I am hoping that Kate will take note of the CP's who married into the other royal houses and do something with her hair IF she marries William.

Well there's way to glam up short hair too - hair extension etc (just like what Q Silvia did). But I always have this feeling that's the tradition on how they did their hairstyle - natural and loose (even Beatrice and Eugenie too).

It's amazing, the press has named Kate princess already... Well, if and when she marries William and becomes princess, she'll need a lot of work in the style department, IMO. It's not only her hair. She needs to get rid of all the 'cheap' boots and dresses and this will only be the beginning. Good luck to her! ;)

The outfit worn to the wedding a few weeks back was custom made for Kate by her favourite designer Issa.

IMO, Kate has no style.
She can wear the nicest most beasutiful gown, the best makeup, the best hairstylist and she'll still not look half as good.

Does anyone know if she used to be a tomboy??

According to the papers she's "sporty." I'm sure that IF she marries William they'll be some major fashion changes that will be made. Major designers will be sending her clothes and she'll have her pick of the best.

Has she ever changed her hairstyle? I don't like Kate's fashion. She dresses too old for her age.

Do you want to know the spendings of each and every person working for the governments? They are paid by taxpayers money, too...

Sternchen, this is old news.:flowers: Of course they're paid by the taxpayers, but as you said, these people ARE WORKING.;) I wouldn't be that pleased if I heard that the British people also pay for the outfits of a royal girlfriend, in the middle of the worst financial crisis. At least, if they were engaged things would be different. But now...:ermm:

I doubt very much that the taxpayers paid for this outfit of Kate's. Issa made this dress specifically for Kate as a PR tactic to gain more attention for her business or Kate went to her and asked her to make this dress as she has financial resources to do so. And if William paid for the dress he has money that isn't coming from the taxpayers - his mother left him an amount that he can live comfortably for the rest of his life.

My guess with the designers that Kate favors either give her the clothes or Kate gets to purchase the clothes at wholesale prices instead of the retail price. It's a win-win situation for any designer to have a future princess (should William propose) wear their clothes. And what designer doesn't want royal connections? I'm sure they'd do anything and they'll go as far as letting her have the clothes for free just as a marketing technique to gain more attention. Kate is practically their advertising medium. She wears it in public, gets photographed - if the public likes it they'll buy it.

Remember the black and white Topshop Dress she wore at her birthday once? It was sold out in no time :)

I quite like the dress very much and thought it suited the ocasion. It was sober and classy without being boring or making her older. She starts off with a good choice.

The dress is perfect!! I love the colour!

I think the colour was just perfect to suit the engagement ring. Probably the reason it was chosen.

Love the dress. Blue is a great color on Kate.

November 16, 2010 - Engagement dress was by Issa

http://img220.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=27177_106909592_122_1107lo.jpg
http://img250.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=27176_106909590_122_109lo.jpg

Love the dress & the detailing around the waist. The color is lovely, its warm for the season but yet young & she pulls in off well. Hair is nice but nothing different from the usual.

Very nice, elegant dress. Love the colour!! She looks lovely in this dress. That shade of blue suits her well.

Her engagement dress was beautiful.

Nice dress at the engagement press conference and great choice by Issa but is her wearing black shoes? they seem quite heavy as well

Full view her dress and shoes:
Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom