The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Courtier

I should like it but I don't

The problem with the hair is that it looks too casual for her outfit, and the flower looks cheap.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

The hair looks AWFUL but the outfit is nice. Didn't she wear the dress to a book launch 2 years ago?

Old 05-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

OMG! Tell me she lacks a mirror! What is wrong with Kate! Awful is not the word to describe her hair. She looks like she jut rolled out of bed. I don't think she washes her hair often. Eww.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Aristocracy

I agree, her hair does look pretty ragged in the pictures. Was it a very windy or humid day? It looks like her hair is not agreeing with the weather. It probably would have been better to pull it back or put it up, but Kate tends to just let it hang.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Kate looks as usual, very matronly dressed with wonderful hair neglected. She could look so much better. While I did like the red dress, it quite revealed how gaunt she actually looks. The beige outfit looks ill fitted to me.
In case she becomes Williams wife she needs to brace herself. The media will completely focus on her looks that could be an unpleasant prospective.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I almost hate to post this link because Kate is looking seriously rough around the edges, but here goes:

Princesses watchers: Mariage * Farley

I guess I don't object to the actual outfit, but her hair, again, is awful and she looks thoroughly worn out in some of the close-ups. Yikes!

Repeat outfit - the cream lace dress is from the Laura Parker Bowles and has also been worn to evening events inc the signing of the Simon de Montiforte book abnout Stalin - 2006 (?)
The jacket is from the Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly wedding in May 2008

The flowers in her hair are new though

Old 05-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Royal Highness

I like Ms. Middleton's look. She can accessorize wonderfully. It is hard to recycle your clothes to get a totally different look that works for you. I like how the jacket has detail on it and goes with the skirt. For a girlfriend she dresses well. Even, my dear, Diana, Princess of Wales had to learn to grow with her royal role. I can not wait till she is a royal and has the stylist, clothes, and jewelry at her disposal.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with DukeOM here. Kate is going to have to upgrade her appearance dramatically if and when she becomes Will's wife. JMO
Old 05-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Royal Highness

Did anyone think maybe Prince William likes long hair on his girlfriend?I remember is mom getting super model, Cindy Crawford to meet the prince. I read Prince William had a big crush on her. Doesn't Ms Crawford have long brown hair?
Old 05-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Men usually prefer girls/women with hairstyle (colour, length etc.) close to that of their mother's, but who knows? Maybe William is an exception (just saying).
Old 05-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I agree with DukeOM here. Kate is going to have to upgrade her appearance dramatically if and when she becomes Will's wife. JMO
And she will. Remember CP Mary before she married? And other CPs as well have found there own style when they married. It takes time. She dresses appropriately to her age and her hair is similar to other women her age. She usually looks quite nice. William must love her, or they wouldn't have spent all these years together. That's all that matters. He is quite a shrewd judge of character from all accounts, and she suits him. Whether they eventually get married is another question.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Men usually prefer girls/women with hairstyle (colour, length etc.) close to that of their mother's, but who knows? Maybe William is an exception (just saying).
I don't think there is a preference because of your mother. An example: Prince Charles he likes blonds, but his mother' hair was brunette.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe he just likes long-haired brunettes.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Mr. Russo likes red-heads and Russo cannot remember the origional color of her hair. Mr. Russo's mother's hair is thin and falling out. So what does this mean??? Hmmmmmm.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness

Kate has a lovely figure and maybe Prince Wills likes her hair long and straight like that. The grooming of it could havebeen better and the look of the white outfit more crisp and polished. Otherwise a Kate turnout - where everything matches,.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 AM

I like Kate's style, in general. But sometimes she wears something and the question pops: have you looked in the mirror? :-\
Old 06-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelgirl View Post
I like Kate's style, in general. But sometimes she wears something and the question pops: have you looked in the mirror? :-\
I agree. I think that when Kate first started dating Prince William she was wearing her clothes and hair in accordance to her age, then she started to copy the royals and dressed as much like them as possible but kept the young looking hair. She is not that young now, she wears clothes that would be more suitable for a much more mature woman and her hair more suitable for a young girl just out of her teens. IMHO of course.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A few posts on Kate's fashion has been moved to the Old Fashion Discussion thread
since its a discussion from last year's outfit.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liriel View Post
Kate Middleton attending the Wimbledon Finals on July 3,2010
MediumPhoto
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...rum/Kate10.jpg
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...orum/Kate2.jpg
I like the dress
Thanks for the pictures.
What a lovely summer look. Its very much her age & the color is great on her.

Closed Thread