The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

The wedding dress is rather eccentric. It's sort of 50s-Prairie-Minimalist.

BTW I love Kate's shoes.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate's outfit looks good. I like the dress and shoes but sadly the outfit was ruined by a terrible headpiece. An updo would have been great.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Royal Highness

Ms Middleton's dress to me looks like it is orange. The whole outfit looks good on her. The only thing she might have done different is to wear a pastel color for a Spring wedding. To me the orange is a strange choice.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Waity Katie increasing public profile in preparation for Royal engagement | Mail Online Kate attending the wedding of their former housemate from St Andrew's - wearing a repeat champagane brocade coat (worn at Laura PB's wedding in 2006) with a black dress and black netted hat (from the Kelly/Phillip's 2008 wedding)

Old 05-03-2010, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I don't really like the last look on Kate. The outfit itself is nice, but imo it's quite a matronly choice for a 28 years old woman.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

She really hasn't improved her style at all. She doesn't even have a style. It's funny.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The coat is nice for a wedding, but the hat makes her look ridiculous IMO.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
The coat is nice for a wedding, but the hat makes her look ridiculous IMO.
Kate looks fab in rich textures and textiles .. I would say even an a bit with an Oriental flair.I like this outfit with the matching shoes and hat..BUt Kate has to punch it up a bit.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Courtier

The hat is nice, but not for a spring event
Old 05-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she is a little boring but what is he supposed to wear to a wedding. Her hair is always the same and frankly that drives me insane but generally speaking she does her best to be wellgroomed and the red is sweet on her Iwonder if it is that warm in England or is it wishful thinking.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

My view is that this was not a wedding for which Kate pushed the boat out, when it came to her clothes and accessories. The result was inoffensive, and thats fine - yo can't look great every time you step out.

What I thought was interesting was the way she mixed and matched her older clothes - and this should be interesting to watch if she ends up marrying Wills and with a royal wardrobe.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate always looks IMO liked she has is running out of the house in a big hurry and forgot to brush her hair. Her hair ruins anything good about her outfits. I don't care what the age, unkept hair is not elegant.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
I think she is a little boring but what is he supposed to wear to a wedding. Her hair is always the same and frankly that drives me insane but generally speaking she does her best to be wellgroomed and the red is sweet on her Iwonder if it is that warm in England or is it wishful thinking.
She should start with buying new boots. It would be a major upgrade.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Bottom line: Kate can't dress. Which is a shame considering her height and weight. I wish I could style her for a day. We would all see major changes.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Waity Katie increasing public profile in preparation for Royal engagement | Mail Online Kate attending the wedding of their former housemate from St Andrew's - wearing a repeat champagane brocade coat (worn at Laura PB's wedding in 2006) with a black dress and black netted hat (from the Kelly/Phillip's 2008 wedding)
The coat is pretty so is the length and fit but the color does no good to her, it simply washes her out, this wouldve been nice in a different color like blue or lavender, something her age as well as the style is a bit too old for her.

The hat was nice but it gets boring seeing her hair down all the times, a nice up dao with that hat would look quite neat and tidy especially with that coat IMO.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Courtier

I almost hate to post this link because Kate is looking seriously rough around the edges, but here goes:

Princesses watchers: Mariage * Farley

I guess I don't object to the actual outfit, but her hair, again, is awful and she looks thoroughly worn out in some of the close-ups. Yikes!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

The outfit is fantastic IMO! Kate just needs to take care of her beauty (skin and hair) if she wants to look fresh and radiant for many more years.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Oh! Gosh, that hair is a mess. Jacket and skirt look quite nice & elegant. She indeed appears worn out and that rather girly hairstyle makes it even clearer.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I almost hate to post this link because Kate is looking seriously rough around the edges, but here goes:

Princesses watchers: Mariage * Farley

I guess I don't object to the actual outfit, but her hair, again, is awful and she looks thoroughly worn out in some of the close-ups. Yikes!
Why is the hair awful? It looks much nicer than previoues times and looks like it has been nicely pulled back on one side.
The dress is nice, like the lace part of it. The jacket is pretty but not liking the buttons which ruins the look IMO but I like the fact that it is quite fitted but wouldve looked nicer if it was left open.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Really nice outfit, but as usual her hair ruins the whole thing.