Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 2: November 2009 - January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only realized the transparent part now :eek:
it cheapens the outfit a lot.

Boring outfit :sleeping:
I know that black is elegant color, but black hat, dress and coat (don't forget about black eyeliner) is too much, especially for wedding.
This dress looked better with pink jacket at P&A wedding.
I wish to see different hairstyle, her hair always looks the same way
At least I see new shoes and nice jewelery.
I'm not impressed.

To be frank, when I saw the family and Kate in these formal outfits it came to me someone must have died...
That's really a polished costume but for a funeral! If a future royal dresses like that for a big day I really don't get this tendency... :whistling:

I like the dress - it's classy and elegance. Now even in Asia, it's not a taboo anymore to wear black during wedding. I think the bridal gown and what Princess Beatrice wore are worse - shapeless sack!!!

Duke of Marmalade said:
I only realized the transparent part now :eek:
it cheapens the outfit a lot.

Yes thank you, you said it far better then I could have, that's exactly what it does it cheapens it. People magazine has a closeup pic of her and I do notice she seems to have her hair pulled away from face a bit, maybe to show off earrings?

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20456298

Her shoes and hand bag is okay...but it is just tacky with the mesh see through top she is wearing, it just doesn't go well with Princess to be more like a nightclub look

:previous: I hate to say it but you are right. She does look the same at every function although I have to admit I did not like the transparent look top under the coat either.

The only way she can really freshen up her look is to do something with her hair. At the moment she is indulging in a Jennifer Anisten 'I don't want to grow up and move on so I'll pretend it's 15 years ago and Friends is still a blast" moment. Well actually it's a bit more than a moment, more like a decade.

Get your hair up, loose the transparent look and act like an adult.

i agree, i really dont like the straight get in your face hair. hopefully after the wedding someone will step up and help her get a better hair style.

Better view- the outfit is growing on me and I must admit love seeing the ring and gorgeous earrings! Wonder if they Xmas gift from PW?
for Xmas she got sailing lessons as a gift:)

for Xmas she got sailing lessons as a gift:)

This makes very little sense to me, as she worked as a deckhand on a yacht for part of her gap year. She knows how to sail.

I thought she looked pretty, and I loved her shoes. Even liked her hat. But too much black, and I agree that she needs to change up her makeup and hair a bit. She has gorgeous hair, but always the same style. I do think she looked more like she was going to a funeral than a wedding though.

When Princess Diana wore a black gown she was informed that black was only worn to funerals.

I think outfit is not bad, but would expect better from her.

When Princess Diana wore a black gown she was informed that black was only worn to funerals.

That was 30 years ago, and social norms have changed considerably since. In rhe UK, it is a lot more acceptable to be in black at winter wedding now.

I am not a huge fan of the sheer dress per se, but I thought it was interesting the way Kate had dressed it up with the velvet coat and the coloured accessories. Also, in some picturs, the sheer dress is looking navy and not black.

Kate Middleton and Prince William attend society wedding - hellomagazine.com

Catherine's shoes appear to be from LK Bennett, at a very affordable sale price of £150 (marked down from £295)

Aquarius 2 Shoe Damson L.K.Bennett

Last edited by a moderator:
The outfit is nice with the exception of the sheer top. Why did she do that? Kate's never worn anything risque before, so why do it now, with the whole world watching her more than ever? I'm confused by that choice. It does make her look cheap.

Sonjapearl said:
The outfit is nice with the exception of the sheer top. Why did she do that? Kate's never worn anything risque before, so why do it now, with the whole world watching her more than ever? I'm confused by that choice. It does make her look cheap.

It's the same dress she wore to Peter and Autumns wedding, where she also met QEII, so my guess is she doesn't consider it risqué

Were all the blogs/papers so shocked when she wore black to other weddings? Or is it because now she is Royal?

Last edited:
Not liking the outfit. Too black for a wedding. The sheer panel makes it look more like a cocktail dress than something to be worn at a wedding.

Black at the wedding? Really bad idea. I agree with some posters that this sheer v-neck is very tacky especially at wedding. Kate had no bra?:ermm: It seems she has no stylist. It is more and more case with many crown princesses or princesses-to-be. Many commoner-turned-royal and even royal women have no clue about what to not to wear. Stylist should be a must for any high ranking royals or royal fiances, Kate's recent unfortunate outfit is the best example of it.

I was less disturbed by the color of the outfit than by her shape. Is it just me, or is she getting thinner and thinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom