The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
donnaK, are you saying the Temperley London dress was purchased from a clothing allowance or are you stressing the 'something different'?

The Temperley London dress she wore was from Fall/Winter 2009 Collection and she wore it in 2010. So Kate has had this dress for a year, but it's the first time we see it in public.
I am delighted that Catherine is wearing her own clothes and that she is repeating things. Then, the black tights did not bother me but I thought that the dress was too short. Finally, the Best Dressed Lists are absolutely absurd and I never take them seriously.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Her eye makeup is "aging". It looks very 80's.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
If I may speak for DonnaK i think she means that when Kate marries, and she will have a greater public role, she will have a bigger clothing allowance and thus she will have the opportunity to become a style icon.

She probably has a clothing allowance that she and her family have set up (or rather they just know how much to spend based on their budget) but its nothing like it will be.

I agree that people tend to give out titles so quickly without people earning them. The Next Diana/Grace/Jackie O, the next Madonna, etc. Sometimes its set up a lot of unfulfilled expectations and nasty comments.

Instead of being the next somebody be the original you.
I so agree with you! I don't like to compare anyone to anyone and can't stand when hear :"Oh, she is next this or that". Just be yourself and let other people be themselves is all.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Royal Highness

The US Glamour has Kate listed as a 'do' fashion wise..... They think her style is sexy, mature, classic and reminiscent of Jackie O!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Gentry

I luv Jackie n' Diana,but darling Catherine shouldn't overdo it with the 80s fashion n' makeup. She has style n' an inner glam..{i can tell what my dear Willie sees in her}..she should just use what she's got n' she'll become a real Diva. I luv her already!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Royal Highness

Unless the wedding gown is extraodrinary and well thought out I cannot see that Kate has a fashion sensibility that goes beyond the conservative and correct. Kate is prim and proper.
She still needs to polish what she has and understand a bit more as to what suits her and what does not.I am not certain but I do not think she wants to be remembered for her clothes. Just a guess.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Nobility

From what I see through my perspective, I think Kate dresses very well and stylishly, as well as appropriate for her age. (although I am not sure about some of her hat choices, but that is a different topic). I look forward to seeing her evolve stylistically, and hopefully in her own right. I LOVE what Zonk said about "instead of being the next somebody, be the original you". I think that Kate will be "guided" by those around her to make appropriate style choices, but already she does a good job. If I remember correctly, she has some experience in the fashion industry already, so she seems to know what's up with regard to personal style and good taste. I think that there is and only will ever be one Jackie O/Diana/Grace/Rania and while they may be style icons, it is important to remember that everyone is different and has their own body shape/eye color/hair color/etc and brings their own ideas when it comes to style. Just because she may dress well and for example, wear a same style dress as Jackie O or Diana, etc does not make her the next Jackie O or Diana. It just means that she has good taste. Long comment short, I agree with those of you who get tired of hearing that "she is the next so and so". Kate is Kate and is off to a good start stylistically, and I am quite sure she will continue to delight and impress us with her fashion choices. And if not, well it makes for more for us to talk about and discuss!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
The US Glamour has Kate listed as a 'do' fashion wise..... They think her style is sexy, mature, classic and reminiscent of Jackie O!
I honestly fail to see similarities between Kate's and Jackie's style. She has to improve a bit until she can be compared with style icons like Jackie, IMO. But however, so far I like Kate's style and I'm looking forward to how she will develop her own style after she's married with William.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

At the wedding of Harry Aubrey-Fletcher;
Wills and Kate in marriage mode | The Sun |News

thanks to cd_1.

I love the shoes, but she looks like she's going to a fashion designers funeral.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Courtier

I usually love what she wears, but am not so crazy about her outfit here (I think mainly the coat). Looks like the dress she's wearing under the coat might be the same she wore to Peter & Autumn's wedding.

I do love the purple shoes, though.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I love the shoes, but she looks like she's going to a fashion designers funeral.
Indeed, I think that is a very good description!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

The shoes are okay but they don't go well with the outfit. An odd choice.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
At the wedding of Harry Aubrey-Fletcher;
Wills and Kate in marriage mode | The Sun |News

thanks to cd_1.
This outfit has a hemline that is too short revealing legs that are not long from the knee down. Three inches further down ...pls
Old 01-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yeah, I'm not feeling this particular outfit. I do love the shoes.

I really liked the last couple of outfits she's worn since the engagement (with the exception of this one), but I normally find Kate's style really hit or miss. I do think she has style potential, I just don't think she's aware of what really suits her. Hopefully she'll learn though.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

The dailymail has shots from different angles of her arriving- looks better from side and heels look very high! Link is also in PW and CM thread-
Old 01-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Nobility

Is the top part of the dress see-through??? I think I can see her breasts
Old 01-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Looking at the pictures in the Daily Mail, the outfit looks a lot better. Still not feeling the black for a wedding...but the dress, the hat and the velour dress jacket are very nice.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Thanks, MRSJ. After seeing the new photos, she does look very nice. Still not my favorite outfit of hers. And I wish she would have worn a different color. The shoes are lovely though...so cute.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
In which picture?
There seems to be a triangle of sheer material at the front of the dress which is larger at the top and shrinks to a point at the midrift of the dress.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Yes, I agree it looks better in the Daily Mail pics. Still, seems better suited to a funeral than a wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
Yes, it looks like there's a sheer panel in the front of the dress - which makes me think it's the same dress as she wore to Peter & Autumn's wedding (in the pictures from their reception, you could see that it had sheer pieces in the front and back).

Closed Thread