The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
This beautiful Issa dress was rather expensive comparatively for us in North America.It wrapped in the back and was jersey-and it cost around $500 dollars.I think dresses are more expensive in Europe. But then again I did complain about the cost of McQueen too.Catherine looked appropriate in it.I thought it a couple of inches too short.However her ebullience and genuine happiness soon took away from the dress to the actual lady becoming betrothed to her Prince.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Honestly I don't even get why Kate is all of the sudden dubbed as a style icon while she was laughed and ridiculed for her style before the announcement.

Her style is basic, casual and simplistic and that is all to it at the moment. People like Kate Moss, Julianne Moore, Cate Blanchett, Olivia Palermo, Victoria Beckham, Sofia Coppola or Daphne Guinness, those are people who have a general great style from which other people take inspiration from. Not basic Kate. Everything to sell your story, right?

Kate will get a stylist pretty soon or they already appointed one for her but now? Not even close.
Maybe because it sounds better when they compare her to Princess Di?

Old 12-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Her engagement dress is sold out on Net-A-Porter.
Issa*|*Long-sleeved silk-jersey dress*|*NET-A-PORTER.COM
Old 12-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

A nice site,"Roiworld",where there are dress up games for celebrities,has made a doll to dress Kate

http://www.roiworld.com/celebs/celeb...rwp?gcode=2012
Old 12-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

Newsflash .
Apparently Catherine has chosen www.bruceoldfield.com the stalwart designer for many of Diana's outstanding gowns as the designer of her own wedding dress.
I am certain he will do more than a splendid job. But if that was I would have chosen someone from my own sphere.
Now Diana is truly a part of all and this was a lovely gesture on Catherine's part.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Now Diana is truly a part of all and this was a lovely gesture on Catherine's part.
Sorry but where does Diana come into this?
It is only a rumour.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
Newsflash .
Apparently Catherine has chosen www.bruceoldfield.com the stalwart designer for many of Diana's outstanding gowns as the designer of her own wedding dress.
I am certain he will do more than a splendid job. But if that was I would have chosen someone from my own sphere.
I believe this is still not confirmed officially yet-
Old 12-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved Kate's white dress in the official engagement photos. This really seems to be her style at the moment. Looking forward to seeing how it will develop, when she'll become a real princess!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Nobility

I think she has a great taste fashionwise and I'm really looking forward to seeing her for example in long dresses.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 12-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight
I loved Kate's white dress in the official engagement photos. This really seems to be her style at the moment. Looking forward to seeing how it will develop, when she'll become a real princess!
Agreed- I just wish we could see more of the front...... I think she will really come into her own once a princess!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Agreed- I just wish we could see more of the front...... I think she will really come into her own once a princess!
Me too, but I already know that white is a favourable color for her! Time will show what her real style is like.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Midnight blue and white/creme are Kate's colours - she looks fantastic in these shades, IMO!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Apparently the dress that Kate wore for the engagement pictures are from Reiss.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Newsflash .
The designer hasn't been announced but I think it will be him judging by some of the wedding dresses at his website.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ent-photo.html

Kate's dress in engagement photos sells out in less then 24 hours
Old 12-13-2010, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
The designer hasn't been announced but I think it will be him judging by some of the wedding dresses at his website.
Apparently it has been reported by papers that she has chosen him, I doubt we will get confirmation anytime soon, read here and here
Old 12-13-2010, 03:46 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I loved this dress. She looked very nice.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The white dress she has worn for the engagement photo has been a very nice choice. Kate looks elegant. And I agree, light colors and midnight blue do a lot for her.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
I just took a peek at the wedding dresses on his website ... simply stunning!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Courtier

what is his price range??