Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 2: November 2009 - January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shoes are okay but they don't go well with the outfit. An odd choice.

Yeah, I'm not feeling this particular outfit. I do love the shoes.

I really liked the last couple of outfits she's worn since the engagement (with the exception of this one), but I normally find Kate's style really hit or miss. I do think she has style potential, I just don't think she's aware of what really suits her. Hopefully she'll learn though.

The dailymail has shots from different angles of her arriving- looks better from side and heels look very high! Link is also in PW and CM thread-

Is the top part of the dress see-through??? I think I can see her breasts :eek:

Looking at the pictures in the Daily Mail, the outfit looks a lot better. Still not feeling the black for a wedding...but the dress, the hat and the velour dress jacket are very nice.

Thanks, MRSJ. After seeing the new photos, she does look very nice. Still not my favorite outfit of hers. And I wish she would have worn a different color. The shoes are lovely though...so cute.

In which picture?
There seems to be a triangle of sheer material at the front of the dress which is larger at the top and shrinks to a point at the midrift of the dress.

Yes, I agree it looks better in the Daily Mail pics. Still, seems better suited to a funeral than a wedding.

Yes, it looks like there's a sheer panel in the front of the dress - which makes me think it's the same dress as she wore to Peter & Autumn's wedding (in the pictures from their reception, you could see that it had sheer pieces in the front and back).

jinigirl said:

Yes seems like you do a bit or her chest, I think it's fine now since she not an official member of RF but I would guess she won't wear anything like that to official functions, but hey who knows.....

Isabella said:
Yes, it looks like there's a sheer panel in the front of the dress - which makes me think it's the same dress as she wore to Peter & Autumn's wedding (in the pictures from their reception, you could see that it had sheer pieces in the front and back).

Huh, so if it is the same dress, that's what she wore to meet the Queen, her bf granny, for the first time? Maybe once you see the whole dress the sheer part looks like it isn't as big- in The Sun picture it seems very wide (am I making sense?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, so if it is the same dress, that's what she wore to meet the Queen, her bf granny, for the first time? Maybe once you see the whole dress the sheer part looks like it isn't as big- in The Sun picture it seems very wide (am I making sense?)

You are making sense, however I don't think Autumn and Peters wedding was the first time she met the Queen. :)

:previous: According to the engagement interview, Kate indicated that the Phillips wedding was the first time she met the Queen.

From what I can see, the dress doesn't look that risque. It does like a lot (from the top) like the dress she wore to the Phillips wedding.

Last edited:

Well, she had a jacket over it at Peter and Autumn's wedding (assuming it is the same dress) and only took the jacket off for dancing later in the evening, so she may well have met the Queen earlier in the evening. The dress has sheer pieces in the front, back, and a little on the side (just flipped through my Hello magazine to check - I don't know if there are any pictures of it online).

Edit: I see soapstar posted the pictures - thanks!

Last edited:
Lumutqueen said:
I love the shoes, but she looks like she's going to a fashion designers funeral.

My thoughts exactly!

I love the shoes as well but that dress is just yuck! The jacket is cute but that dress!

I usually love what she wears, but am not so crazy about her outfit here (I think mainly the coat). Looks like the dress she's wearing under the coat might be the same she wore to Peter & Autumn's wedding.

I do love the purple shoes, though.

YES it is the dress she wore to the Phillips wedding - the dress as sheer panels front and back

If I may speak for DonnaK i think she means that when Kate marries, and she will have a greater public role, she will have a bigger clothing allowance and thus she will have the opportunity to become a style icon.

She probably has a clothing allowance that she and her family have set up (or rather they just know how much to spend based on their budget) but its nothing like it will be.

I agree that people tend to give out titles so quickly without people earning them. The Next Diana/Grace/Jackie O, the next Madonna, etc. Sometimes its set up a lot of unfulfilled expectations and nasty comments.

Instead of being the next somebody be the original you.

Actually that was me ;). Kate seems to have taken my advice about a velvet coat, now we need to work on the 80's style eyeliner :whistling::lol:.
And to whoever complained about the length of her dresses, I agree but she's very tall for her dress size so most of her dresses will look that way.

Will this wedding be in the Nobility section or does this couple not apply?

Last edited:
Black is a very acceptable color to wear to a wedding where I live (Pennsylvania), especially in the winter. I got married in June and I remember many of my guests wearing it.

Does anyone know the dress designer? I'd love to see the front. I don't envy Kate having to find the right undergarments with all the sheer panels!

I like the outer coat but I don't really care for the dress, in my opinion it is to much black. Unless it was supposed to be a black/white wedding.

I love her hat but her outfit is not appropriate IMO for a wedding, its too black, looks like she is mourning someone.

If I may speak for DonnaK i think she means that when Kate marries, and she will have a greater public role, she will have a bigger clothing allowance and thus she will have the opportunity to become a style icon.

if it only was that easy ... ;)

Regarding the black look, well, even if it was a black/white themed wedding, the outfit is too black, appropriate for a funeral.

And same old, same old ... dress, pumps, jacket, hat, hair hanging down :closedeye:sleeping: will we live to see the slightest variety in Kate Middletons styling.

:previous: I hate to say it but you are right. She does look the same at every function although I have to admit I did not like the transparent look top under the coat either.

The only way she can really freshen up her look is to do something with her hair. At the moment she is indulging in a Jennifer Anisten 'I don't want to grow up and move on so I'll pretend it's 15 years ago and Friends is still a blast" moment. Well actually it's a bit more than a moment, more like a decade.

Get your hair up, loose the transparent look and act like an adult.

I didn't really like this black outfit. Not appropriate for a wedding in my opinion. I agree with the above poster and would really like her to do something else with her hair.

The hat looks gorgeous on her, but the rest is a flop, IMO.
It's not only that she looks as if she was going to a funeral, the coat hangs on her and makes look like a 'papered bone'. The parts of the outfit she chose match each other and aren't bad per se, but they don't flatter her skinny figure much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom