The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Karl Lagerfeld On Kate Middleton And The Future Of Chanel

Karl Lagerfeld - Kate Middleton, Chanel Successor | Styleite

Old 11-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative The Netherlands

Kate Middleton chose Issa for her wedding dress. This fan knows exactly why | Mail Online

Old 11-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Karl Lagerfeld On Kate Middleton And The Future Of Chanel

Karl Lagerfeld - Kate Middleton, Chanel Successor | Styleite
Not that it matters to me what the 'Kaiser' thinks about Kate's style, but I can clearly see that he was just being kind. She needs a lot of work, why doesn't he give her a hand instead of interviews and statements here and there?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:01 AM
Serene Highness

Articles about Catherine Middleton wedding dress designer:

Kate Middleton - Yahoo! News Search Results
Old 11-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilal View Post
Articles about Catherine Middleton wedding dress designer:

Kate Middleton - Yahoo! News Search Results
I hope she goes for Phillipa Lepley, beautiful dress IMO and I think a dress would be created for a princess in a perfect way.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Royal Highness

I am positive Catherine will make the correct choice and we will all be loving her wedding gown-- I think simplicity will be her forte.jmo
Old 11-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness

Issa*|*Long-sleeved silk-jersey dress*|*NET-A-PORTER.COM

Her engagement dress went on sale today and is now already sold out on Net-A-Porter.com. Which is the best site for designer wear.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate Middleton the World's Most Influential Style Icon? Replica Dress Sales Say 'Yes' | PopEater.com
Old 11-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

'I have designed Kate Middleton's bridal lingerie', Michelle Mone reveals at Buckingham Palace after receiving her MBE | Mail Online
Old 11-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Gosh, they would write anything to attract attention! Well, too early for that, guys.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Gosh, they would write anything to attract attention! Well, too early for that, guys.
I agree. Even Diana wasn't so much praised before she married Charles...
Old 11-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by monic View Post
Sure. I understand that the whole wedding thing is the greatest 'feast' for a journalist at the moment, but if they continue like this, they'll burn the poor Princess-to-be out so quickly. In a couple years, we'll hear 'Kate Middleton' and we'll want to throw up.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by monic View Post
Diana hadn't been "dating" Charles for eight years either so this is not an even playing field. This is where we all get to enjoy the positive explosion of colour, style, elegance and, please please please, new updo's with fabulous hats.

Most of the other Crown Princesses entertained us all with their relatively fast style evolutions whilst Kate has been there and done that. It's a little unfair for her I think because we are all expecting far more, and far, far faster. The only odd thing is "The Wedding" . . . . . . and it's attendant "Wedding Dress". She hasn't done that yet so I suppose we will still get our ahhh . . . . ohhh . . . . . wow . . . moments but let's be honest, we will expect a higher standard from her.

All in all I think we will probably all be far less forgiving.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess the standards are higher when you're marrying into the BRF.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Most of the other Crown Princesses entertained us all with their relatively fast style evolutions whilst Kate has been there and done that. It's a little unfair for her I think because we are all expecting far more, and far, far faster. The only odd thing is "The Wedding" . . . . . . and it's attendant "Wedding Dress". She hasn't done that yet so I suppose we will still get our ahhh . . . . ohhh . . . . . wow . . . moments.
Maybe that's why she's been saving the hairdos - to keep something in reserve
Old 11-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Honestly I don't even get why Kate is all of the sudden dubbed as a style icon while she was laughed and ridiculed for her style before the announcement.

Her style is basic, casual and simplistic and that is all to it at the moment. People like Kate Moss, Julianne Moore, Cate Blanchett, Olivia Palermo, Victoria Beckham, Sofia Coppola or Daphne Guinness, those are people who have a general great style from which other people take inspiration from. Not basic Kate. Everything to sell your story, right?

Kate will get a stylist pretty soon or they already appointed one for her but now? Not even close.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/25/fa...5ROW.html?_r=1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ams-heart.html
Old 11-27-2010, 03:36 AM
Serene Highness

Isn't it coincidence that media show Kate's reveling dresses just after her engagement even if she wore both dresses quite long ago? Media are nasty. This is what Pss Grace told to young Diana: "Don't worry, it will get worse."

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Honestly I don't even get why Kate is all of the sudden dubbed as a style icon while she was laughed and ridiculed for her style before the announcement.

Her style is basic, casual and simplistic and that is all to it at the moment. People like Kate Moss, Julianne Moore, Cate Blanchett, Olivia Palermo, Victoria Beckham, Sofia Coppola or Daphne Guinness, those are people who have a general great style from which other people take inspiration from. Not basic Kate. Everything to sell your story, right?

Kate will get a stylist pretty soon or they already appointed one for her but now? Not even close.

I agree with you but it seems the press always has to talk people 'up' to make them into something they are not naturally. It is the same with her looks, I have seen her being described as 'stunning' since the engagement but prior to that she was only girl-next-door pretty.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

A Guide to Kate Middleton's Issa Dresses