Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2005 - November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
i found it would be interesting to have a kate thread here...
anyone knows what brands she usually wears?

I don't that much about the formal clothes she wears, but I know from a few newspaper reports here in the Uk that she wears diesal and miss sixty jeans. And in Hello magazine they always talk about how refreshingly normal her dress sense is.

very elegant at a wedding but I don´t know the designer:

very casual for shopping:

Also casual for a day in the country(Gatcombe Park Festival August 2005):

Well she certainly loves her Longchamp bags. She's been photographed with the small brown one a lot (at her graduation and clubbing with William when they were "drunk"). I've also seen a picutre of her with the medium black one and another picture with the medium brown one.

Kate Middleton fashion

I didn't find a fashion thread for Kate by searching the forums. I know she is not royal but let's face it, she is in the tabloids' radar a lot and we always see pics of her wearing some pretty interesting things. Granted, her style is pretty blah. She has one specific style and stays with that. I think this says a lot about her personality, which is probably very practical and steady. She doesn't experiment much, preferring to do what's safe. Still, it is always interesting to look at different women, compare their styles, and see what it says about them, and to watch them evolve and hopefully try new things. Maybe Kate will surprise us sometimes and do something really inspirational.
for now, I just wonder what brands she likes. her sneakers seem like they could be Diesel or puma. Her boots are always suede, black or brown. Maybe Steve Maddon? or Coach?
I put together a collage of her shoes... Sources: hola and rex

kate's bags

sources: rex and hola

regardez said:
Well she certainly loves her Longchamp bags. She's been photographed with the small brown one a lot (at her graduation and clubbing with William when they were "drunk"). I've also seen a picutre of her with the medium black one and another picture with the medium brown one.

Do you know the brand of her big brown bag that has the pocket on the side for her phone? There are many photos of her with this one and I like it but I don't know who makes it. Any idea?

I really liked her herringbone jacket. I wonder what she was wearing under it though. That sounds wrong, but I clearly don't mean it that way. It looks like a matching skirt or something.

I used to see Kate as a very old fashioned person... so RIGHT and perfect
I have to admit I'm a rebel girl. But now I see Kate as a very decent lol and classy-cute girl... Her choices of closes are nice speacialty the outfit of the Wedding that she attended with William. I just think she shouldn't use NEVER AGAIN in her life the awful trashy cowboy hat:p ... That was terrible lol

Paula** said:
I used to see Kate as a very old fashioned person... so RIGHT and perfect
I have to admit I'm a rebel girl. But now I see Kate as a very decent lol and classy-cute girl... Her choices of closes are nice speacialty the outfit of the Wedding that she attended with William. I just think she shouldn't use NEVER AGAIN in her life the awful trashy cowboy hat:p ... That was terrible lol

You seem just like your avatar-girl Zara Phillips, Paula. :p
I think Kate is a very traditional, steady, almost blah dresser. Well, she is blah in her choices, because she doesn't (not so far anyway) she doesn't experiment much. She wears what's neat, what's classic, what looks good in a timeless sort of way. She is a lot like me in that sense. She doesn't try to start or copy trends. She just wears her boring, but decent clothes.
It does seem, however, that she is stepping out of the box a tiny bit lately.
The fur hat (let's not get into a fake or real debate here too, please!) was pretty different.

Just realized... there is a Michael Kors bag that you can get at Macy's that is similar to one Kate has in one of those grocery-shopping pics. The Kors bag is $348. Way out of my price range, but anyway, I just thought I'd let you know.
It's like that sort of straw bag that she has, with leather trim. go to macys.com and browse under handbags, then Michael Kors. I don't know if Kate's bag is Kors, but anyway, the Kors bag reminded me of hers.

Even though Kate's style may be termed by some people "boring", I like the fact that Kate sticks with what she knows works. The cowboy and fur hats shouldn't be repeated :D but everything else has been very classic and nice. One trend that Kate got sucked into was the cowboy theme; she had the hats and boots. But I do love her black boots that match with everything. :)

BTW, I thought the fur hat looked awful. Not the fact that it was fur but because of the shape and how it looked on her head.

I think the boots work for her because she is slim and quite tall. She probably feels really comfortable wearing the flat boots because of her height-I can understand being quite tall myself. Overall I like her style and thinks it suits her. She wears very flattering clothes for her lean figure.

Last edited:
Lil princess lost said:
I think the boots work for her because she is slim and quite tall. She probably feels really confortable wearing the flat boots because of her height-I can understand being quite tall myself. Overall I like her style and thinks it suits her. She wears very flattering clothes for her lean figure.
yes that's right, fat small people doesn't look good with boots lol you guys please don't get me wrong ok? I have absolutely nothing against fat small people ;)

CasiraghiTrio said:
You seem just like your avatar-girl Zara Phillips, Paula. :p
I think Kate is a very traditional, steady, almost blah dresser. Well, she is blah in her choices, because she doesn't (not so far anyway) she doesn't experiment much. She wears what's neat, what's classic, what looks good in a timeless sort of way. She is a lot like me in that sense. She doesn't try to start or copy trends. She just wears her boring, but decent clothes.
It does seem, however, that she is stepping out of the box a tiny bit lately.
The fur hat (let's not get into a fake or real debate here too, please!) was pretty different.
:p thanks I like Zara very much... She seems very free and rebel that's why I pick her as avatar she rocks ;)
And yes the fur hat was "pretty different" :p (no debate ;) )
;***

I just thought of something that has been mentioned b4. That men sually go for/end up with women that remind or look like thier mother. I am not deliberately comparing Kate to Dianna but I do see some sense in that theory... Kate and Diana both are/was quite tall and slim in stature. Sorry for going off the subject but I just had to bring that up. Maybe that topic is better saved 4 another thread.

I think the coat Kate Middleton wore to the Cheltenham festival is very similar, if not the same in design, as a coat by British designer Katherine Hooker. Except Kate chose beige herringbone and brown felt trim.

And you can view it on her website.
http://www.isifa.com/functions/watermark/watermark.php?ifotonummer=11869921
http://www.katherine-hooker.co.uk/new/contrast.phphttp://www.katherine-hooker.co.uk/new/contrast.php

Here's a link to Kate in the coat I mean.

http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=211xw1.jpg

And it probably explains her earlier trip to the Katherine Hooker store.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=227616&d=1139783628

Last edited:
HRHAmy said:
She has on those jeans again but in a lighter color. I can tell by the stitching on the back pockets. She must like these a lot, I wonder who they're by?:confused:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=234096&d=1143191325

The caption of the pic is: "Kate Middleton shopping in London in Ganzfigur Stiefel Jeans Tasche pink...." then it cuts off. maybe that is a clue. They could have been naming the store she is stepping into, or been naming the jeans label, or the pink purse label.

English Rose said:
I think the coat Kate Middleton wore to the Cheltenham festival is very similar, if not the same in design, as a coat by British designer Katherine Hooker. Except Kate chose beige herringbone and brown felt trim.

And you can view it on her website.

http://www.katherine-hooker.co.uk/new/contrast.php

Here's a link to Kate in the coat I mean.

And it probably explains her earlier trip to the Katherine Hooker store.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=227616&d=1139783628

Right on English Rose, weve solved the mystery coat:) Now if we could just keep up with all the other places she shops we'd be in business. Hey just a thought, it says you need to make an appointment to go to KAthrine Hooker's store, do you think maybe it would be easier to get an appointment by saying you are "Kate Middleton" it makes me wonder if that had any influence on getting her an appointment any faster? If she's seen wearing the coat at the races, Katherine could stand to make a pretty penny off that. Hmmm, makes me wonder...

HRHAmy said:
Right on English Rose, weve solved the mystery coat:) Now if we could just keep up with all the other places she shops we'd be in business. Hey just a thought, it says you need to make an appointment to go to KAthrine Hooker's store, do you think maybe it would be easier to get an appointment by saying you are "Kate Middleton" it makes me wonder if that had any influence on getting her an appointment any faster? If she's seen wearing the coat at the races, Katherine could stand to make a pretty penny off that. Hmmm, makes me wonder...

Ah, but there must be many Kate Middleton's in the world. No offense against Kate, I like her very much, but her name is not exactly unique. There could be many Americans, Australians, or South Africans, or other nationalities who have the same name.

She's reportedly been seen in Katherine Hooker and Collette Dinnigan. I've seen a picture of her on KHS carrying a Top Shop bag too.

HRHAmy said:

No not really, anyone can make an appointment. I don't think she got any special favours. She must of known she was going to the races a few weeks earlier and so booked an appointment. Easy..:)

Thanks Catherine, I checked out the Mulberry site and they have some very nice bags. I've been looking all over and I still can't find the brand of her leather bag she always wears, sorry!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom