Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2005 - November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked this outfit. The hair I'll agree could have been better, but the UFO hat I liked ;)
I am glad she went with darker shoes though, otherwise I feel that it would have been too much blue.

Kate's fascinator was nice. And that is it.

Her hair is just awful, long, straggley and unkempt. I was surprised that it seemed to be in such bad condition. The coat was a hideous print, I've seen curtains and tablceloths that looks similar. Overall the entire look would have been suitable for somebody much older. But then Kate is hardly young looking herself......

In my opinion, Kate is a beautiful woman, she got beautiful legs, figure and bearing. She has to make accent on that. So far, she doesn't have yet a style, but most time she's ok, nothing we can call ugly.
I think she and Mary are the lonely young royal women nowadays who have that stunning slim and healthy figure in the same time, without looking sickly puny. Maybe she has to try to experiment some few outfits like Mary's style (without copying the whole look of course).

I like the fascinator alot. I think I like more than the whole outfit. But at least she's not in her usual black and white.

In my opinion, Kate is a beautiful woman, she got beautiful legs, figure and bearing. She has to make accent on that. So far, she doesn't have yet a style, but most time she's ok, nothing we can call ugly.
I think she and Mary are the lonely young royal women nowadays who have that stunning slim and healthy figure in the same time, without looking sickly puny. Maybe she has to try to experiment some few outfits like Mary's style (without copying the whole look of course).

IMO Kate is so thin that she nearly has no figure any more. Her shoulders seem nearly fragile and theres no Decolleté... But yes, she has long legs ;) Mary IMO still has the "figure of a woman". :flowers:

I like the coat. The color is pretty, and I like the detail at the waist. I'm not wild about her fascinator. The shape reminds me of a satellite dish.

Dress is nice, good color for her. Something about her always looks a little unkept. She's very pretty and has a gorgeous figure but I don't know. Maybe it's the hair Hmmm I'm not sure!

The pink dress is fabulous!I also loved the black clutch,although these two don't match.Thanks for the pic,dear Zubiaur!

I agree with rubies. The gown is really nice, but I'm not sure about the hair and mainly her make-up. I would like to see something new - maybe the hair all up would be very interesting. I cannot remember one occasion she weared the hair all up? And I mean not in her casual.

IMO Kate is so thin that she nearly has no figure any more. Her shoulders seem nearly fragile and theres no Decolleté... But yes, she has long legs ;) Mary IMO still has the "figure of a woman". :flowers:
She's slim, but she looks very healthy and toned, not sickly skeletal or puny! I personally adore her figure which is very balanced.:flowers:

Kate has indeed lost a great deal of weight as you point out.

She did once have a very athletic looking body. Now she is skinny and it looks unattractive.

Ditto - IMO this isn't her natural build, because she used to be a lot bigger. And she looked great back then - healthy looking, casual, tousled hair, no make up, naturally pretty. Oh well ...

And, now, Kate's face is so drawn at such a young age. She looks far older, but that's normal once you are past a certain age. You can't remain unnaturally thin and look young too.

I like the salmon pink dress on her colouring, but I don't think she has the curves to pull it off well. Mary of Denmark wore a similar dress prior to her engagement. I also liked it on her, back when she too looked healthier.

:previous:
The pink dress from the charity boxing match is a beautiful dress but I have never thought it suited Kate. :)

As I said, although I actually liked the 'colour', IMO, Mary wore the style better, as she had the curves to pull it off. ;)

Nice pic of Mary in your avatar, btw. :)

Kate used to be "sporty Kate" when she met Wills, somebody in this thread already said that she looked athletic, perfect basis to take up royal hobbies like horseriding, skiing, hunting etc. These days she looks skinny and drawn, emphasized by the messy unstyled long hair that's just hanging around her face. It's a shame that Kate neglects the fact that she has beautiful hair, especially on occasions like weddings etc she could look fantastic if only she considered making an appointment with a good hairdresser.

Even in everyday life the hair looks awful, why have such long hair when not doing anything with it.

True; and yet, she has more time than anyone else I know to work on her hair. But, if you don't eat well, your hair will suffer.

I agree with what DukeofMarmalade has said and with ParisJacksons answer as well. I simply don't understand, why she doesn't wear her hair all up on special occasions! Especially on weddings. Now her face looks so matured (sorry for saying this in a kind of hard way, but I have many girl friends in her age, looking much younger and healthier) that I think the long messy hair does the rest. Its always the same look with other colours, its getting boring. :nonono:

True again, and what a shame because she has lovely hair! Her face is so drawn around the jowls - though it is a mature face anyway - she will not age well it seems. All that tanning doesn't help either!

I do think she looks curvier in those spray-on, skin-tight jeans she wears. Seriously, how her mother doesn't tell her that those jeans are so vulgar for her position, I'll never know ...

It leads me to believe that either the Middletons are clueless, or very defiant toward what people expect from a future princess and Queen Consort of England. Not sure which.

August 14, 2009 - Kate attending a wedding in a lavender printed tone on tone coat with grey hat with a prurple flower and dark grey/black heels.
The hat looks quite pretty, fun and young also elegent. The coat is okay, I find it flattering and the tone on tone print looks good.

Hat ** Full View 1 ** Full View 2
I love the coat, dress and shoes but I really dislike this type hat. I don't think they look good on anybody.

She's slim, but she looks very healthy and toned, not sickly skeletal or puny! I personally adore her figure which is very balanced.:flowers:
I agree, I think she has a fantastic figure. I guess it is just a case of everyone having their own ideas on what looks good.

It all depends on the fashion of the moment, nowadays people are placing too much emphasis on being downright thin, the face and hair suffer first. I think she is a good looking girl but now she is getting past the girl stage and not that young and she really doesn´t seem to be aging well, perhaps with a bit more care of her hair she would look better and it is not that she can´t afford it. I am sure there is a lot of stress linked to being the girlfriend of the heir to the heir of the throne with that very throne in sight, but at the moment still out of reach.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't speak for anybody else but I'm not influenced by the 'fashion of the moment' in thinking that Kate has a great figure. I don't think that she is too thin nor do I think that she looks old. She is 27 and imo thats how old she looks.

Couldn't have said it better. I wish she would do something to look a bit more fresh and youthful. It was an elegant gown but something is missing, she should have done something with her hair, wear some decent jewelry and her eye make up was too heavy. We had the discussion about Princess Michaels neckline at her sons wedding, but when I now see Carol Middleton, I am at a loss for words.

I actually like Carole Middleton's dress and I think she does look good in it although I would agree that it is not age appropriate for her. Perhaps if the length was a little longer.

I do agree that it looks like Kate and Carole swapped dresses.

I wish Kate would be a little more daring with her dress. She is a young attractive woman....with a fairly decent shape. She can wear something a tad trendy without appearing like a WAG or something. To me this dress resembles somewhat the pink dress she wore to the charity boxing match. Its like she has five of them in different colors.

And her hair...Gosh...she needs a good cut. Having long hair is really an issue. Unlike short hair there isn't much you can do it in terms of styling. Its either up or its down, or you add bangs. If she is going to wear it long then she might need to get layers so it can add some body to it. Princess Beatrice is one person who knows what do with her long hair. Her (Beas) dress sense might be challlenged but her hair always looks great!

Last edited:
The style of this dress is very similiar to the salmon one worn at the boxing ball in June 2008 - my guess is that this grey one is also by Kate's favourite label Issa

I like this long grey dress. I think that it is an older style, but Kate looks great in it. The flowy style is lovely. I do think that she should have worn her hair up instead of down. It doesn't look like she did anything with her hair at all.

I like this long grey dress. I think that it is an older style, but Kate looks great in it. The flowy style is lovely. I do think that she should have worn her hair up instead of down. It doesn't look like she did anything with her hair at all.

Totally agree about her - you wouldnt think she has spent the afternoon at her hairdresser Richard Ward!!! She always wears it exactly the same way and a change such as putting it up for this evening event would have been nice and very elegant with the flowing dress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom