Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2005 - November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Kate wears the wrong brands, patterns, colors, fabrics for her skin tone and body type. She really doesn't dress very well. And there's something I don't understand : If she's not completely common, I mean, from a noble family, why does it seem like she really dresses intirely in H&M and ,say, Zara ?

It bugs that she doesn't have a style. She's not fashion, eurotrash, boheme, glam, sporty... She's like "a pair of jeans, a green t-shirt, and a pair of sandals".

She doesn't inspire me the least.

She has a beautiful figure so everything looks nice on her!!

11th April 2008 attending William's flight graduation wearing the ivory zipper coat from Reiss that she wore for her 26th birthday party and Peter Phillip's 30th birthday
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

I think I would have preferred this outfit with shoes rather than boots - I just dont like that particular amount of leg/tights showing. Its a personal thing, but I prefer more or less than this.
That said, I do still like the outfit :flowers:

Getting tired of these boots--regardless of how fashionable they are at the moment. Some pumps would be a nice change.

Much as I like Kate and find her to be a stylish young lady, I have to agree with the criticism of the boots. I'm beginning to wonder if she has some kind of wound on one of her legs...seriously.

Getting tired of these boots--regardless of how fashionable they are at the moment. Some pumps would be a nice change.

They're not even that fashionable anymore! If she was determined to wear boots then leather with a stiletto heel would have looked much better than slouchy boots.

Kate does seem awfully attached to these boots. I think that she started wearing them around Christmas '06/New Year '07, I really think that they should be retired now.

I agree about the boots. I love boots, but they don't match everything, and it would be nice to see Kate wearing something other than boots. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:

Absolutely! Not sure who designed the dress itself but the actual lace was made by Solstiss (a French company that provides lace to different fashion houses).

-Ayvee

picture from the daily mail of Kate at the Autumn Kelly wedding ive seen a full lenght picture in the telegraph paper but cant find it but the black dress or skirt touched the top of her knee and her wore court shoes to match the jacket
ImageShack - Hosting :: 003middletonmos468x652ce9.jpg

I like the outfit very much, but the hat seems a bit of a funeral thing!

You are absolutely right. Black hat with a cob-web veil would look more appropriate at memorial service. The pink jacket looked fine though.

Kate is a pretty brunette, but she will have trouble with aging. I can already tell she looks older than her age now. It might be because of too much sun and no sunscreen, but it will come back to haunt her when she's older.

Kate is a pretty brunette, but she will have trouble with aging. I can already tell she looks older than her age now. It might be because of too much sun and no sunscreen, but it will come back to haunt her when she's older.
She looks older - she looks so tired. Too much parties maybe too much cigarettes if she smoke, sun, lose weight, live under stress (what would people say aboutme, my clothes, behaviour).

Agree with all those who say that she looks older, actually she looks like a sad old woman with her hat that would be suitable for a widow at her husband's funeral and her heavy eyeliner that is a relict from the 80ies. Sad dress, sad look, very boring and old fashioned. Shame there is no full body picture, I am sure she's wearing these black boots that got stuck on her legs :rolleyes:

If you're intent on discussing Kate's personal qualities and habits, please do it elsewhere. The only thing that interests us here is her sense of fashion and style.

Thanks,:flowers:
Mandy

picture from the daily mail of Kate at the Autumn Kelly wedding ive seen a full lenght picture in the telegraph paper but cant find it but the black dress or skirt touched the top of her knee and her wore court shoes to match the jacket
ImageShack - Hosting :: 003middletonmos468x652ce9.jpg

The jacket is just lovely. I want a jacket like that!
The mistake (imo) is pairing a soft pink color with black! The color that most effectively compliments pink is white. Had she paired the jacket with a sleeveless white knee-length dress she would've looked worlds better.

Also I think the long dark hair actually ages her. She should've worn it up with a brighter (non-mourning color) hat.

. . . . I think the long dark hair actually ages her. She should've worn it up with a brighter (non-mourning color) hat.
Someone should tell Kate that she has great bone structure and hiding it behind a tumbled curtain of hair is not only not a good look, it's a crying shame.

The hostess style hat, with veil is almost a "Cocktail" hat, and unlike a fascinator, it needs stlye. If Kate had put her hair up the bare neck and throat would look delicate and the veil mysterious. She would have achieved the magical "Balance" she seemed to be striving for. More importantly, she would not have looked in the least funereal!

My only reservation about Kate's overall look is that she seems too timid and tends to hide behind her hair. She needs to put up her hair, raise her chin and look everyone straight in the eye. Basically her overall style needs to be "in your face", which is actually more of an attitude than a change in style.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom