Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2005 - November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: She looked stunning!Apart from the ensamble,I liked her hair & headpiece very much.

Yes, I have to say, she looked beautiful and elegant in this picture to me as well. :flowers: And I think white is not a bad colour for her.

I can add only good words.
The outfit is great, elegant and beautiful at the same time.

28/9/2009
Fundraising at the Saatchi Gallery to raise money for the Starlight Children's Foundation.

Kate Middleton, queen of the good cause (with a little help from Mum, Dad and Pippa) | Mail Online

I like the dress, the colour is a bit boring though. Heavy make up and the same old non existing hairstyle make Kate look older than she is.

Did she swap dress with her mother last minute? Carole looks ridiculous in a short red dress that should be worn by her daughters' age group.
Excellent comments, ITA.

It looks as though Kate and Carole were wearing each others dresses. Carole in particular looked like mutton dressed as lamb in that red number.

Kate's dress is beautiful but I thought it was quite a mature style for a young woman. I would have expected to see a dress like that on one of the current CPs and most of them are about 10 years older than Kate.

Love Kate's dress not sure how I feel about her Mom's or Pippa's. I think the style/cut and color suit her. If she and William do end up tying the knot hopefully she'll experiment with bolder colors more often.

Some of these clothes are a bit tacky,like the floral dress or the floral skirt at the party.But I really liked the grey dress(pic #6),that was really beautiful & feminine.

Kate has some either hits or misses, never really in the middle. The simple grey dress, for example, is undoubtedly a hit.
On the other hand, I loath this pink dress and especially, the pink cardigan. This black and red ensemble would suit a woman of a much more mature age than Kate's. I find this coat unfeminine and extremely ugly. This dress seems to be fine but it really looks too plain and uninteresting, and too much like a night gown. I have mixed opinion about this dress: although I adore the colour, the design and the pattern, I don't think it suited Kate that much.

The pics show that for her age & figure Kate dresses far too matronly that and the dull no-hairstyle with hair simply hanging down and in her face (although she has a good figure and pretty hair, too bad) dramatically adds to that.

10 years younger, anyone? Somebody should register Kate for the next series.

The pics show that for her age & figure Kate dresses far too matronly that and the dull no-hairstyle with hair simply hanging down and in her face (although she has a good figure and pretty hair, too bad) dramatically adds to that.

10 years younger, anyone? Somebody should register Kate for the next series.

No need to worry,Kate is gonna hire the best stylist when she'll become your new Princess :whistling: Just teasing you,of course :flowers:

This dress seems to be fine but it really looks too plain and uninteresting, and too much like a night gown.

I think I just saw a photo of Letizia wearing a very similar dress to dine with Gov. Bill Richardson in New Mexico...

What in the heck is going on in picture #5 w the teal sequin halter and shorts? Surely that is a JOKE? At first, I thought it was a picture of Lindsey Lohan- God forbid. Kate looks so pouty sometimes and unhappy. Maybe its merely frustration w the Paparazzi pests?

That particular outfit was when Kate participated in a fundraiser. I believe its was a 70's roller skating theme.

Kate has some either hits or misses, never really in the middle. The simple grey dress, for example, is undoubtedly a hit.
On the other hand, I loath this pink dress and especially, the pink cardigan. much.

I agree with all you said, but I would just like to say the dress and cardigan that you especially loathe, the pink ensemble, is perhaps what the Kate Middleton just out of university and not dating Prince William would wear.
Some of her outfits are just too classical, with the trying to be the princess look to them, but this one which is younger even tends to look too young on her. A paradox for sure.
Her hair, which is beautiful, could do with a good styling. She has a very long face and the long casual ungroomed look doesn´t suit it. At least that is my opinion. :flowers:

Thank you Zonk for clearing that up for me, I could not imagine it being anything but a "costume" or themed style fashion!

Well if Kate started dressing her age wouldn't we also say that "we don't like it because it isn't how a potential princess should dress etc." Either way it's a lose-lose situation for Kate until she (IF) marries William. But I'd rather see her dress this way if it's what she's comfortable with and besides she looks great!

What in the heck is going on in picture #5 w the teal sequin halter and shorts? Surely that is a JOKE? At first, I thought it was a picture of Lindsey Lohan- God forbid. Kate looks so pouty sometimes and unhappy. Maybe its merely frustration w the Paparazzi pests?

I was worried,too ;) I counted about 3 or 4 different colors,really scary :D But now everything is clear,so we can relax.

It helps when we are youn, thin, beautiful and have a lovely hair!So sometimes she is not wearing nothing special but it seams like she is already a Princess!

HA!The pictures from the catwalk are so funny,but I really liked the first outfit.This jacket and scarf are both very beautiful.

BÃ* quyết để hạ gục... HOÀNG TỬ ANH QUỐC! - Bi quyet de ha guc HOaNG Tu ANH QUoC : 24H.COM.VN

I like the sporty outfits that wears... she seems more relaxed and comfortable.

The outfits in pics # 1 and 6 are both gorgeous!The headpieces & accessories are lovely,too!I believe Kate does know how to dress at official events,she's been brilliant so far.

I agree, generally speaking I think she will have a good style if she ever becomes a princess. I think there's room for improvement. The only thing I have to complain about would be the colours she chooses, sometimes quite too dark. I remember her black hat at a wedding and why a overall dark outfit at garter day? Its not a funeral. :wacko:

Apart from the dark clothes,imo,90% of the clothes she picks for her daytime activities are completely tasteless...not stylish at all.It looks as if Kate makes so much effort for her official appearances and then gets tired and totally neglects her daywear.

IMO there is room for improvement on Kate's Fashion part- she's young and has time and latitude to get there. It will be interesting to watch.

Apart from the dark clothes,imo,90% of the clothes she picks for her daytime activities are completely tasteless...not stylish at all.It looks as if Kate makes so much effort for her official appearances and then gets tired and totally neglects her daywear.

Yes, I know and agree. I also think the clothes she wears at charities aren't the big hit sometimes. ;) And we are tired of her boots, aren't we? But she has a good sense & taste for official events and I hope it will get more and more better, a bit more glam & elegance will be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom