Beatrice Borromeo's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2015 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for Queen Maxima's bridal gown, I really can't think of any Valentino designs for wedding dresses that I like.

But Beatrice looked like a dream, both in the morning and in the evening imo.

Last edited:
We need to remember that this was not exactly a "wedding dress". It was for a civil ceremony which, when there is a religious celebration following, it really is a more casual affair. I think she tried, successfully, to blend elegant and casual. I am sure that her wedding dress for the church sacrament will be more traditional (white, long, etc.). I really look forward to it. So far, I give both the day and evening dresses a perfect 10!

The second dress is fun and dreamy but I think it could've been executed nicer for the occasion.
This is one of the very few times Valentino's creations for a bride disappoints me.

I'm curious to know more about what you mean. What are the shortcomings of the execution? The fit?

Well, I hate to say this, but this was not a design by Valentino Garavani himself. I think it makes a difference. The new designers (Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli) are not in the same league as Mr. Valentino to use an euphemism...In fact, I wonder if Mr. Valentino himself didn't quite like the design and asked that it be specified WHO designed the gown...

Last edited by a moderator:
The wedding dress looked like a fancy night gown, nothing like a wedding dress at all.
[....]

But the civil ceremony is not really an event for wedding dresses, when a religious ceremony will be held afterwards.

Picture: civil marriage of Prince Albert and Charlène

Picture: civil marriage of Prince Charles and Camilla

:flowers:

Except for Queen Maxima's bridal gown, I really can't think of any Valentino designs for wedding dresses that I like.

But Beatrice looked like a dream, both in the morning and in the evening imo.
I agree with you. Valentino is by far NOT my favorite wedding dress designer. There just seeems to be something "off" with all of them, except Maxima's. Her dress was lovely, but not the "typical" Valentino.

:previous:Yes, Beatrice wore a floral wreath in her hair for her Civil Wedding.I was expecting a suit or cocktail dress but leave it to Beatrice to throw everyone a curveball.

She looked like a summer fairy in the day, and a goddess in the evening!:p

Thanks for the confirmation about the floral wreath. :flowers:

If these dresses are what Beatrice wore to the civil ceremony, then I'm looking forward to seeing her dress for the religious ceremony. :)

I agree with you. Valentino is by far NOT my favorite wedding dress designer. There just seeems to be something "off" with all of them, except Maxima's. Her dress was lovely, but not the "typical" Valentino.

I agree both Moonmaiden and princess gertude. The wedding dresses i remember and i don't like it at all is Madeleine and Marie-Chantal. Maxima it is a axpeption .

I agree both Moonmaiden and princess gertude. The wedding dresses i remember and i don't like it at all is Madeleine and Marie-Chantal. Maxima it is a axpeption .

I agree. The plain dress worked well with the spectacular veil. See picture.

I'm curious to know more about what you mean. What are the shortcomings of the execution? The fit?

Well, I hate to say this, but this was not a design by Valentino Garavani himself. I think it makes a difference. The new designers (Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli) are not in the same league as Mr. Valentino to use an euphemism...In fact, I wonder if Mr. Valentino himself didn't quite like the design and asked that it be specified WHO designed the gown...

Ciao Juliette, as far as I know Valentino Garavani and the two new designers of his former brand are in good terms, unless something has changed up until recently. He attends and praises their fashion shows while he did not camouflage his displease for his initial successor, Alessandra Facchinetti, who gave up the challenge after a short time. ;)

I have a fresh piece of top Milan's hairdresser information to share on the Borromeo sisters and Beatrice. I have been told by this person who has dyed and coiffed them directly quite a few times, that Beatrice is the most shy and reserved of the pack, while Lavinia is a very kind, outgoing and down-to-earth person.
None of the sisters has natural blonde hair, they sport very wisely done blonde highlights. :whistling::flowers:

Last edited:
Ciao Juliette, as far as I know Valentino Garavani and the two new designers of his former brand are in good terms, unless something has changed up until recently. He attends and praises their fashion shows while he did not camouflage his displease for his initial successor, Alessandra Facchinetti, who gave up the challenge after a short time. ;)

I have a fresh piece of top Milan's hairdresser information to share on the Borromeo sisters and Beatrice. I have been told by this person who has dyed and coiffed them directly quite a few times, that Beatrice is the most shy and reserved of the pack, while Lavinia is a very kind, outgoing and down-to-earth person.
None of the sisters has natural blonde hair, they sport very wisely done blonde highlights. :whistling::flowers:

Thanks. Very interest gossip. I would sware they were naturally blond.

It's so difficult to pass judgement on the various outfits with so few pics to go on. It would have been lovely to see the national costume properly rather than a glimpse in the car. I'm in two minds about the civil ceremony dress - I'm not too keen on the sleeves - I don't like wide short sleeves even when they're in quite a sheer fabric. The evening dress looks very elegant and is definitely my favourite.

The wedding dress looked like a fancy night gown, nothing like a wedding dress at all.
The second dress is fun and dreamy but I think it could've been executed nicer for the occasion.
This is one of the very few times Valentino's creations for a bride disappoints me.
Many of you will remember the photo of Tatiana Santo Domingo and Andrea Casiraghi coming down those enormous sweeping steps outside the Palace in Monaco after their civil wedding. She was wearing a white almost linen look caftan and a crown of flowers on her loose hair. Very Boho.

We caught only a glimpse of her religious wedding, but she did wear a stunning fringe tiara.

Now we have Beatrice and Pierre on a balcony after their civil wedding and her gown looks like a negligee and she's wearing a floral headband.

We didn't see what she wore to the picnic held in the Palace gardens, but the evening gala is a dream. So let's hope for more than a glimpse of the actual wedding gown next weekend.

The pink gown is breathtaking. Her height really shows off the elegance. Does anyone know how tall she is? I'd guess close to 6 feet without heels. As someone short, I'd love to be tall and gorgeous like her and have the worlds designers eager to make my wardrobe.

Let's pretend Alessandra Facchinetti never happened....! :whistling: What a horrible collection she created...I'm glad to hear Mr. Valentino is happy with the new designers...but I miss him!

Interesting piece of gossip on the hair! Thanks! Funny to hear that Lavinia is warm and outgoing: I would have said the opposite was true and that Beatrice was the more open one! About their hair colour, well, as children all the girls were definitely natural blondes! I guess they need a bit of help now (Lavinia seems the darkest). :)

http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

The pink gown is breathtaking. Her height really shows off the elegance. Does anyone know how tall she is? I'd guess close to 6 feet without heels. As someone short, I'd love to be tall and gorgeous like her and have the worlds designers eager to make my wardrobe.

I read somewhere that Beatrice is about 5'8". She certainly is not approaching six feet and doesn't even look it, not to me anyway.

On the other hand Princess Charlene IS approaching six feet tall in her stocking feet...she is a statuesque 5'10".

Thank you for some clarification on the wedding dresses/style for the occasion as it did seem a bit confusing that she was in a long gown for the event and press calling it a wedding dress.
Nevertheless that does not change the fact what I thought of it.

The second dress when I said execution could've been better, I meant style. The scrappy back was not elegant, to me it was not. The front part was too high up. The original design was so much nicer if it didn't have such a deep V. The dress is very dreamy, very pretty but the the design didn't work.

I was re-reading an old interview with one of Beatrice's sisters, Lavinia, where she mentioned that the veil she wore at her wedding (to John Elkann) was a family heirloom passed on to each generation. However, I was trying to check the pictures of her other sisters' wedding dresses (Isabella and Lavinia) but it doesn't look like they used the same veil...I wonder if Beatrice will!

Some pics:
Lavinia JohnElkannandLaviniaBorromeoholdinghands2004Wedding.jpg Photo by loejil | Photobucket and Google Image Result for http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/loejil/Lavinia%2520Borromeo%2520Wedding/ValentinowiththebrideLaviniaBorromeo2004.jpg
Isabella https://www.google.com/search?q=isa...jLtTfNIkM:&usg=__bj4eMjNmW9FDRcCGR43Bw3Jf5wY=
Matilde https://www.google.com/search?q=isa...+borromeo+wedding+dress&imgrc=tUMCUS_TLIC1QM: and https://www.google.com/search?q=isa...+borromeo+wedding+dress&imgrc=aWGpzClC-5UTeM:

I always thought it was a new veil. With the dots it looks very Valentino.

Any info on the tiara Lavinia and Isabella wore? It looks the same.
Matilde wore a Fürstenberg tiara.
And I'm hoping Beatrice will borrow Princess Charlotte's diamond and pearl Cartier tiara.

Thanks,for the dress and tiara info. I remember a couple of those weddings. Let's hope we get some good pictures, and a tiara seems to be expected!

I was re-reading an old interview with one of Beatrice's sisters, Lavinia, where she mentioned that the veil she wore at her wedding (to John Elkann) was a family heirloom passed on to each generation. However, I was trying to check the pictures of her other sisters' wedding dresses (Isabella and Lavinia) but it doesn't look like they used the same veil...I wonder if Beatrice will!

Some pics:
Lavinia JohnElkannandLaviniaBorromeoholdinghands2004Wedding.jpg Photo by loejil | Photobucket and Google Image Result for http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/loejil/Lavinia%2520Borromeo%2520Wedding/ValentinowiththebrideLaviniaBorromeo2004.jpg
Isabella https://www.google.com/search?q=isa...jLtTfNIkM:&usg=__bj4eMjNmW9FDRcCGR43Bw3Jf5wY=
Matilde https://www.google.com/search?q=isa...+borromeo+wedding+dress&imgrc=tUMCUS_TLIC1QM: and https://www.google.com/search?q=isa...+borromeo+wedding+dress&imgrc=aWGpzClC-5UTeM:

Lavinia's Valentino wedding dress looks strikingly similar to the Valentino gown worn by Katie Holmes when she married Tom Cruise.:ermm:

Interesting piece of gossip on the hair! Thanks! Funny to hear that Lavinia is warm and outgoing: I would have said the opposite was true and that Beatrice was the more open one! About their hair colour, well, as children all the girls were definitely natural blondes! I guess they need a bit of help now (Lavinia seems the darkest). :)

I was surprised too and thought the same, that's the difference that a direct interaction makes in forming impressions ;):)

I usually love Beatrice's style, but I thought the dress she wore to the civil ceremony was unflattering. It looked way too much like a night gown and I really disliked the color. Now the dress she wore to the evening reception was beautiful. I wish we could have gotten some better photos of it.

I always thought it was a new veil. With the dots it looks very Valentino.

Any info on the tiara Lavinia and Isabella wore? It looks the same.
Matilde wore a Fürstenberg tiara.
And I'm hoping Beatrice will borrow Princess Charlotte's diamond and pearl Cartier tiara.

I do not know very well how are the tiara's customs inside families.
Lets think about .
Lavinia and Isabella wore their own family tiara. Normal, it does not happen to every bride to have a family tiara, even the late Lady Diana Spencer did so.
Matilde wore a Fürstenberg tiara, normal also she wed a Prince.
Isabella wed a count, equal to her in title, I think.
Lavinia married a commoner, but not really. John Elcann's grandmother Marella Agnelli is a Princess Di Caracciolo, so she should have some nice tiaras also!
What about Beatrice? Pierre is not titled, and I doubt if he will receive some of his mum's tiaras.Tatiana borrowed one, but she does not have any family tiara, but Beatrice has.
All possibilities are open, with a slighter chance to a Borromeo tiara, since the wedding takes place to Borromeo estates.
Some questions
What did Marta Ferri wore as headpiece/tiara when married to tunique male heir of Carlo Ferdinando Borromeo?
Where did Matilde marry Prince von Furstenberg? Borromeo Estates or Germany?

Re. The Valentino clouds evening dress i double checked the pictures and i agree with the perplexity expressed here on the cut. The line on the back of the waist is straight and horizontal while a more rounded cut on the back would have been expected as more refined and more in line with Valentino's style

I do not know very well how are the tiara's customs inside families.
Lets think about .
Lavinia and Isabella wore their own family tiara. Normal, it does not happen to every bride to have a family tiara, even the late Lady Diana Spencer did so.
Matilde wore a Fürstenberg tiara, normal also she wed a Prince.
Isabella wed a count, equal to her in title, I think.
Lavinia married a commoner, but not really. John Elcann's grandmother Marella Agnelli is a Princess Di Caracciolo, so she should have some nice tiaras also!
What about Beatrice? Pierre is not titled, and I doubt if he will receive some of his mum's tiaras.Tatiana borrowed one, but she does not have any family tiara, but Beatrice has.
All possibilities are open, with a slighter chance to a Borromeo tiara, since the wedding takes place to Borromeo estates.
Some questions
What did Marta Ferri wore as headpiece/tiara when married to tunique male heir of Carlo Ferdinando Borromeo?
Where did Matilde marry Prince von Furstenberg? Borromeo Estates or Germany?

Wearing diadems has little to do with titled persons. Laura Parker Bowles wore a diadem. Zara Phillips wore a diadem. Camilla Rosemary Shand wore a diadem. Etc.

Good to know, am taking my diadem out of the safe and working on my new avatar ; )

Simple curious :ermm: Know another royal lady who wore the wedding Armani?
Except Charlene of course :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom