Autumn Phillips's Fashion and Style Part 1: February 2008 - January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the color...but the style makes her look rather boxy.

Her son reminds me of The Princess Royal in this pic.

LaRae

I liked the whole Easter look I do like that colour mauvy pinky it very flattering IMO

Myabe the outfit is a bit eccentric and too dark, but I like it, expect for the fascinator.

I quite like it...the color and style.

LaRae

The hat kind of looks like a turtle shell. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

That i'm saying me too! This hat is like turtle! Totally miss for me!!!

The turtle on her head is....well the name should say it all :whistling::lol:

But I really like the dress, the color and style is great on her :flowers:

I like her dress but I am not crazy about her hat.

OMGoodness her hat does look like a turtle, usually Autumn is one of my favorites but this time, not so sure, I like the dress though

I think she can and should wear pastels and primary colors. She seems often stuck in a fall or winter palette. Otherwise, I think this is fine for the occasion!

Love the ensemble except the hair. Would have loved to see that hat perched on a smooth, elegant updo instead of nestled in straw or rushes.

OMGoodness her hat does look like a turtle, usually Autumn is one of my favorites but this time, not so sure, I like the dress though
I understand you may not realize that the turtle is a sacred image in Canada; our First Nations revere the turtle as the base from which all live emanates. During the great flood, it was Turtle who served as the central base to which and from whom all life flowed. I think Ms Phillips hat is a wonderful compliment to her native land.:flowers:

I understand you may not realize that the turtle is a sacred image in Canada; our First Nations revere the turtle as the base from which all live emanates. During the great flood, it was Turtle who served as the central base to which and from whom all life flowed. I think Ms Phillips hat is a wonderful compliment to her native land.:flowers:

Great info! I seem to recall there are other native peoples who have a similar story here in the US about the Turtle? Trying to remember which group...perhaps upper north east which would make sense due to location...hmmm.

LaRae

While that is true, unless Autumn has some native roots I am unfamiliar with, I don't think the thought likely crossed her mind. The turtle is not a well-known Canadian symbol, pretty specific to a group.

Nor do I think the hat was likely meant to resemble a turtle, that was an unexpected byproduct. I could be wrong, but Autumn doesn't seem the type to take a risk like 'I want to wear a turtle on my head'.

I am a huge collector of turtles, and have a skirt with them on it. I may be Canadian but not a nod to native culture. Actually my turtles come from all over the world (buy one where ever I travel).

I like her look, even though I don't like blue and black together...

I love the coat Autumn was sporting. Every time I look at it, it growns on me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like her daughters, well dressed, she looks lovely. Love the blue. But not the hat:flowers:

She needs to streamline her look, imo. Too much fuss for someone her size. There is collar interest, double breasted shiny buttons interest, large black swaths around the hips drawn in and hose and shoes. Not to mention the intricate hat and loose hair. If she wore black boots, hair in some kind of low chignon, kept that wonderful collar on the coat, eliminate the visible buttons, the pretty cut of the coat and the hat would be enough of a focal point.

Lovely look and a lovely color on her IMO. The only difference is that I wish she had her hair up, the open hair was a bit too much with the fur collar.

I don't have a problem with Autumn's outfit; I think it's stylish and I particularly like her coat, the fur collar is lovely.

I like the accessories, and the color of the coat. However, that shape and fit, depsite it seems to be so in vogue lately, doesn't seem to flatter Autumn so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom